Ducati to produce Hypermotard....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:16 PM

iStunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Ducati to produce Hypermotard....

DUCATI HYPERMOTARD: READY FOR SPRING 2007

After the success of the "concept" presentation in Milan and following the great response from fans, Ducati has decided to begin producing the Ducati Hypermotard. The announcement has been given online by Federico Minoli on the Desmoblog.

From its first moment in the public eye, last November at the EICMA trade show in Milan, the Ducati Hypermotard has had incredible success and received unanimous consent. This was followed by awards and worldwide recognition - from both the media and from motorcycle designer associations. The Ducati Hypermotard was awarded "Best of Show" during its debut at EICMA and "Best Bike for 2005" by the Motorcycle Design Association.

Federico Minoli, President and CEO of Ducati Motor Holding, took it upon himself to personally follow the potential that this bike has shown among the Community. After a successful online survey, Minoli started an open debate about the Hypermotard on the Desmoblog (reachable through www.ducati.com) and received many positive suggestions from the fans of the "Reds of Borgo Panigale".

On the blog Minoli wrote: "Thanks to the capital increase, the enthusiasm shown by Ducatisti and the work done in research and development, we have decided to add the Ducati Hypermotard to our production schedule, without giving anything else up. We are also going to reduce the development time thanks to the work done while the bike was still a concept. I am therefore proud to announce that the Hypermotard will be available in a dealership near you in the Spring of 2007."

The Ducati Hypermotard incarnates the strength, the fun and the high performance of an extreme supermotard - re-thought in pure Ducati style: 100 hp weighting just 175 Kg (385 lbs); an idea, a dream for every biker that today will become a reality and will be added to the amazing Ducati line-up.

From Ducati
Old 04-07-2006, 05:06 PM

wall hit is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ducati to produce Hypermotard....

thats a sick bike
Old 04-08-2006, 02:02 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

looks pretty. but 100 hp and THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE lbs, thats heavier than some of the new 600's. and i bet its gonna be like 10k. when i get the money im just gonna get a crf450 and slap some street tires on there. Street legal? I could care less, cops have no chance catching a supermotard .
id probably spend 90% of riding time in the lots anyways
Old 04-08-2006, 04:41 PM

dubs85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would get one but it would cost to much money.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:39 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

ya it is heavy it weighs more than my f4! and its suposed to be a motard.. and ducati never realeses anything thats new for cheap price. but it does look nice
Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

That looks like a really cool bike but after reading the specs and how heavy it is and the price
I'd honestly rather have a sport bike.