Pure Bred Riders - PBR Photo Gallery
www.PureBredRiders.com
Lake Helen, FL

Rick/Digidy Rollin Stoppies ?

Old 01-24-2003, 11:35 PM

Team954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rick/Digidy Rollin Stoppies ?

Wazzup guys....quick q .....does the bike not roll as far if you brake the rear tire to a complete stop while rollin the stoppie? I usually brake the rear but at Stuntwarz pimpin joe brown, chauncey, and the rest of the "insane stoppie crew" had the back tire still rotatin. Guys mind hittin me up with an explanation....preciate.....keep the sick **** comin!

Peace
Old 01-25-2003, 02:36 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
(not being smart ***)-think about it, the spinning rear tire causes forward momentum, hitting the rear brake will "pull" the *** end down due to the sudden stop to this momentum.?
Old 01-25-2003, 03:43 AM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm never thought about it. Heres somthin else to think about. In moto-x, gas it to bring the front end up..hit the rear brake to bring the front end down.
Could be off base but I figured Id throw it out there.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:19 AM

djm....i appreciate the response, I just kinda figured seeing as how I can hit the point of balance where I can let go of the front brake, I wasn't sure if the momentum of the back tire really mattered that much at that point. All in all I preciate the response!
Old 01-25-2003, 11:00 AM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
rear tire spinning = gyroscopic effect

with the tire spinnin it will stay centered a little easier, but if it starts swingin outta the spot and u dont instantly correct it, u should just set it down

with tire stopped, the *** end is kinda 'free', it stays in no special spot, and u can correct it fairly ez

same **** with the europeans and the front wheel for circles

hope this helps, if not....holla

Rick929
Old 01-25-2003, 01:14 PM

hey thanks bro! soon as I get my **** back up an runnin I'll hit ya up and let ya know what's cookn!

Late
Old 01-25-2003, 01:41 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Rick929 PBR
...but if it starts swingin outta the spot and u dont instantly correct it, u should just set it down
I should have asked you for advice before wreckin my **** during the longest endo comp at STUNTWARS.....**** got up, **** got left on me and I put it down while still rollin a bit and it pitched me off to the left and busted my clip-on and bent up the pegs/levers.

Oh Well, live and learn.............why does a bike get sideways like that?

Goose
Old 01-25-2003, 08:54 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
offset pickup/offset body position

stoppies must b perfect
Old 01-26-2003, 10:35 AM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
ya what he said
Old 01-27-2003, 12:20 AM

WEBER is an unknown quantity at this point
here's my no good opinion.

stoppies are more of a science than most of the other tricks. the most important part is the setup. first off, your bike MUST be tight. no faulty piece is gonna let you roll a few hundred feet. next most important thing is body position. you gotta be centered on the bike and feel comfortable. get as much of your weight over the front tire as possible. after that, practice and more practice. as joe brown showed you, you dont need to go 150 to roll far. find that balance point and let it ride. just dont stuff yourself.

as far as the back tire is concerned, like rick said, it can help the back end stay straight, but it can throw the bike sideways in a hurry too if you let it get away. its a gyro effect. if you get a good feel of what the bike is doin and when its startin to get sideways, you can correct it. its up to you if you wanna let it spin or stop it. its two completely different styles. just be careful stoppin it cause it throws the *** end in the air in a hurry.

peace
Old 01-27-2003, 11:55 AM

Weber....hey man thanks to you and the others for takin the time to explain.....from what I can gather from you pure playaz is it seems as though not only does the rear tire spinning create a gyro effect in essesence, but it also provides more stabililty and control in balancing out the forces of your body against the bike! Thanks again guys.......preciate it......keep that **** on lock!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:39 AM

ProzaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by djmlooper
(not being smart ***)-think about it, the spinning rear tire causes forward momentum, hitting the rear brake will "pull" the *** end down due to the sudden stop to this momentum.?
I wanna argue this one.. although ive never tried it... haha

but i did ride motocross and hitting the back brake makes the back end come up...

or do streetbikes some how break the laws of physics ?
Old 01-30-2003, 09:03 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WEBER
here's my no good opinion.

stoppies are more of a science than most of the other tricks. the most important part is the setup. first off, your bike MUST be tight. no faulty piece is gonna let you roll a few hundred feet. next most important thing is body position. you gotta be centered on the bike and feel comfortable. get as much of your weight over the front tire as possible. after that, practice and more practice. as joe brown showed you, you dont need to go 150 to roll far. find that balance point and let it ride. just dont stuff yourself.

as far as the back tire is concerned, like rick said, it can help the back end stay straight, but it can throw the bike sideways in a hurry too if you let it get away. its a gyro effect. if you get a good feel of what the bike is doin and when its startin to get sideways, you can correct it. its up to you if you wanna let it spin or stop it. its two completely different styles. just be careful stoppin it cause it throws the *** end in the air in a hurry.

peace
In other words..... TIRE SPIN DON'T MATTA!! Get on your bike a practice. Ton's of speed at first.... slow down and balance and you practice. it's just like a wheelie. No one can 12 is 2 minutes.

Lata,
Bri

PS. Getting your weight over the front tire is key. Also, the trick to steering is constantly trying to keep the front tire underneith the rear. If the *** end is pulling right, you steering left.... just like whipping turns. Ya get me?

www.core6.net/videos/Brian300ftr.mpg
Old 01-30-2003, 12:58 PM

ya i get u...peace