Pure Bred Riders - PBR Photo Gallery
www.PureBredRiders.com
Lake Helen, FL

your 1st attempt

Old 10-03-2002, 10:18 PM

GYNXxx is an unknown quantity at this point
your 1st attempt

Do you guys remember the first time you tried 12's? Were you doing them a lot faster ? Were they easier a little bit faster? I wanna try this **** but i dont want to lose it....nah mean?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: your 1st attempt

Originally posted by GYNXxx
Do you guys remember the first time you tried 12's? Were you doing them a lot faster ? Were they easier a little bit faster? I wanna try this **** but i dont want to lose it....nah mean?
12's aren't easy. Be prepared to drop it. I haven't dropped mine doing 12's yet, but it's definetley a reality.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
YO!!

a 12 is a trik that totally depends on you.... you gotta be able to learn to get comfy on them... nags is right, you will drop it!! if yer tryin to avoid droppin it dont do em, lol... but to answer yer question, yes, they will be fast at first becuz odds are yer not comin up anywhere near as fast... you will first scrape at aroun 30 er so... they will slow down though... good luck and just do em till you cant feel yer arms no more... then do em more, you'll get em!!! LATA!
Old 10-03-2002, 10:50 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
If you have stock gearing like me... To start the 12.. Roll at about 5 mph and bounce AND clutch at the same time. Otherwise you're going to fast by the time the bike is up to where it needs to be... But watch out.. bouncing AND clutching first gear will bring the bike up hard and FAST.

-nags
Old 10-03-2002, 11:34 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
it is definately ez er goin fast

but i learned em in 1st gear

12 a quad, that'll get u used to fallin past the balance point
u cant wreck em, it helps establish fundamentals

keep me posted on the progress, feel free 2 yell if ya have another question

i may actually post a 'fundamentals of 12vin' for all

Rick929
Old 10-03-2002, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Rick929 PBR
it is definately ez er goin fast

but i learned em in 1st gear

12 a quad, that'll get u used to fallin past the balance point
u cant wreck em, it helps establish fundamentals

keep me posted on the progress, feel free 2 yell if ya have another question

i may actually post a 'fundamentals of 12vin' for all

Rick929
Get workin' on that.. I'm having problems with sitdowns.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:48 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally posted by nags
Get workin' on that.. I'm having problems with sitdowns.
isnt every1

every1 cheated with that left foot rear peg **** its too ez

u gotta have small blox, medium blox, and large blox....exits, turns, and SCRAPES u need 2 b 100% well rounded

i should have it up 2morrow

Rick929
Old 10-03-2002, 11:54 PM

isnt every1

every1 cheated with that left foot rear peg **** its too ez

u gotta have small blox, medium blox, and large blox....exits, turns, and SCRAPES u need 2 b 100% well rounded

i should have it up 2morrow

Rick929
I do left peg and normal pegs... 2nd gear sitdowns I can get high as ****, but first gear I have problems with. For a while I was having problems cuz my tire was slipping.. I just lowered my pressure from stock to about 25. It's not slipping as much but I'm having probs snapping it up fast enough.. argh.....
Old 10-04-2002, 12:04 AM
RickNasty.com

yea
it takes awhile 2 snap up rite
18psi is the way to go

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 12:06 AM

yea
it takes awhile 2 snap up rite
18psi is the way to go

Rick929
I ride on the street more than anything though... And I don't wanna affect my highway wheelies
Old 10-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone,

Take notes...

Rev it up to 9 grand, pop the clutch, pull the clutch in and hammer the back brake!

Rev it while you're scraping!!! That is if you can reach the throttle while you're tumbling down the road...

p.s. Nothing I say can be used in a court of law!!!
Old 10-04-2002, 01:38 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally posted by DTE
Everyone,

Take notes...

Rev it up to 9 grand, pop the clutch, pull the clutch in and hammer the back brake!

Rev it while you're scraping!!! That is if you can reach the throttle while you're tumbling down the road...

p.s. Nothing I say can be used in a court of law!!!
actually, do that in 2nd gear about 30 but b ez on the brake, and dont coast too slow cuz 2nd stalls ez

johnnys always got good advice

DTE in the heezy

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 01:55 PM

jamesF4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 12's

actually, do that in 2nd gear about 30 but b ez on the brake, and dont coast too slow cuz 2nd stalls ez

johnnys always got good advice

DTE in the heezy

Rick929
12 o clock wheelies sound very dangerous and hazardous to your motorcycle why would you ruin you oem tail section, just go hit some turns.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:23 PM
RickNasty.com

Re: 12's

Originally posted by jamesF4
12 o clock wheelies sound very dangerous and hazardous to your motorcycle why would you ruin you oem tail section, just go hit some turns.
james!!!!!!!!!

yo ho

y dont u go to the race track, wheelies take no skill try n turn 1 time, now thats some 'hard' stuff

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 02:25 PM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
i like 18 19 for highway as well as 12s dont really notice negative difference to me makes everything more stable:cool:
Old 10-04-2002, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by DIGIDY PBR
i like 18 19 for highway as well as 12s dont really notice negative difference to me makes everything more stable:cool:
You really run 'em that low for highway wheelies too? I just dropped a little bit of pressure and didnt feel much diff on the highway, but I'm nowhere near as low as you. It's just hard that I have to keep reminding myself to slow down through the curves... I usually put down a wheelie then practically drag knee through the off ram.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:03 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

hmmmmm!

anyone here related????
Old 10-04-2002, 03:04 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

IN DA HOUZZZZZZZZZ

Attached Images
File Type: gif
astartoplogo.gif (1.3 KB, 101 views)