Pure Adrenaline Ryders www.pureadrenalineryders.com
Long Island N.Y.

Fast posting thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Fast posting thread

Originally Posted by Zuki750
I'm liking Italy. You don't have to do the fight jobs.
i do them anyway, because i can. did you start your tennis court yet or are you going through and finishing all levels before starting the next town?

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm liking Italy. You don't have to do the fight jobs.
HA HA HA yeah that will work for you....I wanna finish episode 6 first before I start Italy......I'm halfway thru the last level......but I fought in Italy this morning....already got over L$2 million in the bank!!
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

holy **** its ******* snowing upstate

Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

I finished Moscow a few minutes ago and have done the first star in like 4 Italy levels. I started the second star on the first level in the fight one because I just assumed I had to do it. I'm almost done with that one though.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NINER
that looks pretty clean ... i want to do it too - will cover the mess from removing those fake chrome panels ... and the black will match the rims after i get them black chrome powder coated
Old 10-22-2010, 01:44 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Robb M.
that tractor IS sick!
who the newb are you
Old 10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
IB Staff

Robb M. is a decent person

Originally Posted by scott3824
who the newb are you
just a guy trying to fix the spam problems.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by Zuki
Originally Posted by skillz954
HA HA HA yeah that will work for you....I wanna finish episode 6 first before I start Italy......I'm halfway thru the last level......but I fought in Italy this morning....already got over L$2 million in the bank!!
im gonna do italy backwards. All 5 towns to bronze, then finish the 5th tonw to ruby, then the 4th town to ruby, and work my way backwards. Listen to my theory on this:

Part 1 - In each town, there is a job theyre calling a gate job, where it drops a specific item you'll need a lot of later in the level. Cell phones have been perfect examples of what im talking about here if theres any confusion. At the bronze level, the gate job takes [lets say] 5 energy, at the silver level it takes 10 energy, then 15 for gold and 20 for ruby. I do the gate job 100 times in a row on the bronze level, and build up a huge supply of the item. That way when Im doing the later job on the ruby level for 2% per click, I dont have to go spending 4x the energy doing the gate job 100 times.

In Italy and Vegas there is also a job in each town/district that drops an item you will need to build up one part of it. Im not talking about the 4 core building items, I mean the one specific to each building.
I do those 100 times on the bronze level too, in vegas that wasnt enough so in italy im doing them 110 times.

Part 2 -
Sometimes these items come from a gate job in a previous town, rather than the gate job at the beginning of the current town. By doing the towns in reverse order, from silver to ruby, I get to handle any of those situations at the silver level instead of ruby.

Make sense?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by scott3824
who the newb are you
Thats my brother, Robb

lol but if he likes old tractors hes cool with me
Old 10-22-2010, 02:01 PM
bp chaser

I just drank some mt dew and got highly motivated to get off the computer. Im gonna go fix some stuff.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:36 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeM
im gonna do italy backwards. All 5 towns to bronze, then finish the 5th tonw to ruby, then the 4th town to ruby, and work my way backwards. Listen to my theory on this:

Part 1 - In each town, there is a job theyre calling a gate job, where it drops a specific item you'll need a lot of later in the level. Cell phones have been perfect examples of what im talking about here if theres any confusion. At the bronze level, the gate job takes [lets say] 5 energy, at the silver level it takes 10 energy, then 15 for gold and 20 for ruby. I do the gate job 100 times in a row on the bronze level, and build up a huge supply of the item. That way when Im doing the later job on the ruby level for 2% per click, I dont have to go spending 4x the energy doing the gate job 100 times.

In Italy and Vegas there is also a job in each town/district that drops an item you will need to build up one part of it. Im not talking about the 4 core building items, I mean the one specific to each building.
I do those 100 times on the bronze level too, in vegas that wasnt enough so in italy im doing them 110 times.

Part 2 -
Sometimes these items come from a gate job in a previous town, rather than the gate job at the beginning of the current town. By doing the towns in reverse order, from silver to ruby, I get to handle any of those situations at the silver level instead of ruby.

Make sense?
1) You've thought about this way too much
2) You smoke way too much weed
3) You are 100% right

So basically I'm gonna follow that theory......finish bronze to open them all up.......but before continuing I'm gonna stock pile parts for cheap on the silver level.......genius!!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Robb M.
just a guy trying to fix the spam problems.
phenomenal
Old 10-22-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I just drank some mt dew and got highly motivated to get off the computer. Im gonna go fix some stuff.
pre-diabetic insulin shock
Old 10-22-2010, 04:10 PM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

This was kind of a cool fix. I had to share it. My wife has an HP laptop that first lost it's wireless and eventually lost it's video and began failing to boot. It would turn on, check the cd drive then reboot. I searched online and it's quite common with the dv6000s and dv9000s. The problem is inadequate cooling for the gpu. It actually melts it's own solder and breaks away from the board. Not sure why this affects the wireless first but it does. This computer lost the wireless about a year and a half ago. Anyway, I found some fixes to try online. Basically you have to re-flow the solder on the chip to bring the connections back, then fix the cooling issue.

Here's what I did. Take the motherboard out and take the heat sink off. Slap some thermal paste on the gpu and set a quarter on it. Put some solder on the top of the quarter to act as a thermometer. Heat the quarter with a pen torch. Once the solder on the quarter melts, continue heating for another minute or so. Pull the quarter off and let everything cool back down. I slapped it back together and it's like new. Even the wireless started working again.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:21 PM

damn zuki thats pretty sweet
Old 10-22-2010, 04:38 PM
bp chaser

yeah that is
Old 10-22-2010, 04:42 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

NINER !! we have a mechanical engineering question ??????????????????

will the diameter of a 1/4 inch hole in a 1 foot by 1 foot square block of aluminum get larger or smaller when the whole block is heated ?

i have heated a bearing race to expand the inner diameter so it would slide on a shaft easier but would the ratio of the hole compared to the total amount of material make a difference ?

i guess what im trying to find out is would a 6 inch hole act the same as a 1/4 inch hole in the same 1 foot by 1 foot square block of aluminum when heated ?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

This was kind of a cool fix. I had to share it. My wife has an HP laptop that first lost it's wireless and eventually lost it's video and began failing to boot. It would turn on, check the cd drive then reboot. I searched online and it's quite common with the dv6000s and dv9000s. The problem is inadequate cooling for the gpu. It actually melts it's own solder and breaks away from the board. Not sure why this affects the wireless first but it does. This computer lost the wireless about a year and a half ago. Anyway, I found some fixes to try online. Basically you have to re-flow the solder on the chip to bring the connections back, then fix the cooling issue.

Here's what I did. Take the motherboard out and take the heat sink off. Slap some thermal paste on the gpu and set a quarter on it. Put some solder on the top of the quarter to act as a thermometer. Heat the quarter with a pen torch. Once the solder on the quarter melts, continue heating for another minute or so. Pull the quarter off and let everything cool back down. I slapped it back together and it's like new. Even the wireless started working again.
When something I own overheats I just throw it in the freezer for a few minutes and hope for the best. I tried this with my angle grinder yesterday, but alas it will not turn back on. It was like $12 at harbor freight, so I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
When something I own overheats I just throw it in the freezer for a few minutes and hope for the best. I tried this with my angle grinder yesterday, but alas it will not turn back on. It was like $12 at harbor freight, so I guess you get what you pay for.
The problem was it overheated and broke the solder joints. The freezer wouldn't have done anything. I knew the motherboard was the issue because HP put an extended warranty on the mbs for an extra year because so many failed. I didn't know the gpu was the issue until I started looking for a new motherboard and found some fixes instead. I also used a penny in the heat sink so this fix cost me $8 for the thermal paste and a penny for the heat sink.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:04 PM

Sunday River opened for the season. Now hopefully they'll actually get some snow. They just make snow on a small trail so they can be the first open in the east. I think they're the first open in the country this year though.

Quick Reply: Fast posting thread