GEARFEST results, ripoffs, rants, raves thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point
GEARFEST results, ripoffs, rants, raves thread.

We were all day on Saturday, met alot of you down to earth guys, great weather Sat but it was kinda slow. Not as many people as we thought (probably the economy), but now I hear of no payouts? Whats up with that?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person
Re: GEARFEST results, ripoffs, rants, raves thread.

We called this a few days a go.. I sure hope all the riders get payed like nick and E-dub I think they stayed longer to make this show..

http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38159
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

lol yep.. guys were calling me left and right
Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 PM

Question: with target stoppie contests are you supposed to stop on the target or just tap the target with your tire and keep rolling past. Some people were pissed after they got the real rules AFTER the competition runs telling them it was a timed target run. So people were just rolling foot high stoppies, tapping and racing over to the next target. Seems like BS to me.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I dont like all the hokey stoppie competitions. Keep it simple with a set approach distance and pickup point. Longest roller win....no questions
Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Compton82
I dont like all the hokey stoppie competitions. Keep it simple with a set approach distance and pickup point. Longest roller win....no questions
I agree, but the stoppie spot was embellished and was way smaller than explained to people. Embellishment = Lie
Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 PM

jonbravo20 is a decent person

the whole event was pretty much disapointing. there was no "schedule" , they didnt have the payout and it was just a disorganized event. my thoughts and prayers go out to the little kid that was hit with the bike (he is ok but i think he broke his femur)
Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 PM

i would like to say the riders kicked ***!! an amazing bunch of people showed up! im sorry we all got hosed! and congrats to bubash, apex, e-dub, twite, and secret weapon top 5 pro freestyle!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonbravo20
the whole event was pretty much disapointing. there was no "schedule" , they didnt have the payout and it was just a disorganized event. my thoughts and prayers go out to the little kid that was hit with the bike (he is ok but i think he broke his femur)

what???? when did that happen?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Highstylesfreestyle.com

pimpnslo is a decent person

EMS said he had no break but that is w/o a x-ray. Also I hope Bubash gets his bike.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

yea i heard about the poor kid getting his leg hurt by a bike running into the fence.. But come on they had NO berrier from the stunt course at all, just a stupid metal fence thing. I even heard the kids legs were sticking threw the fence when the bike hit him. Also i just heard that most of the riders never got paid? Whats up with that? I even heard they tried to arrest bubush for taking the bike that brand new r6 they were supposed to give away to the winner, whats the story on that? Was he able to keep it since he was the winner?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:34 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Originally Posted by pimpnslo
EMS said he had no break but that is w/o a x-ray. Also I hope Bubash gets his bike.
Bubash did get his bike ( and it was well worth it he rode like a machine all weekend besides the fall over one time) And yes almost got arrested while trying to load it up but instead got the police's number and offered to take her for a ride!

Originally Posted by Lit
yea i heard about the poor kid getting his leg hurt by a bike running into the fence.. But come on they had NO berrier from the stunt course at all, just a stupid metal fence thing. I even heard the kids legs were sticking threw the fence when the bike hit him. Also i just heard that most of the riders never got paid? Whats up with that? I even heard they tried to arrest bubush for taking the bike that brand new r6 they were supposed to give away to the winner, whats the story on that? Was he able to keep it since he was the winner?
Yes pay out were not all there due to lack of orginaztion. I would like to say the Star Boyz had nothing to do with that. Now the stunt comp lacked some orginzation as well but was hella fun MAD props to the Star Boyz.. The payouts were suppose to be 40 % of what was listed but really only eneded up being not even 30% of what was due to winners. All in all I wish the event would of done better I had fun and would of liked to go next year Before all the **** at the end
Old 09-20-2009, 10:35 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lit
That sucks bro but I want to wee what comes of this
Old 09-20-2009, 10:38 PM

Huge Matt is a decent person

I got 2nd place amateur individual freestyle. Unfortunately I came home with $0 and a bad sunburn...lol

Ponis, Me, Recon Mike, Henry, Motard Mike placed...Everybody killed this weekend and believe me, there was plenty of competition in amateur. Overall it was a fun event up until everyone dipped out without explanation, and I had a really good time riding and hanging out with everyone. What a drama filled day, today...See you all in 2 weeks...

Last edited by Huge Matt; 09-20-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

you know i kinda thought that the starboys put on a cool show... it was different
Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 PM

yeah he got the bike but not before the police acused him of trying to steal it. only the first place riders got 40% of their pay everyone else was written i.o.u. 's . the guy who was supposed to pay hauled *** out the back door... no bull ****! i do want to say thanks to starboyz, they gave up their money so the stunters could get something!! tena colbert also gave up her winnings so other riders that needed it to get home, could! very noble things tena and starboyz did!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Highstylesfreestyle.com

pimpnslo is a decent person

I left while the Sheriff's dept was still guarding the doors.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banjaxed
what???? when did that happen?
Should've slept on the floor ho.
Originally Posted by Lit
you know i kinda thought that the starboys put on a cool show... it was different
Yeah it was. definately fun to be in and watch.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Originally Posted by jonbravo20
yeah he got the bike but not before the police acused him of trying to steal it. only the first place riders got 40% of their pay everyone else was written i.o.u. 's . the guy who was supposed to pay hauled *** out the back door... no bull ****! i do want to say thanks to starboyz, they gave up their money so the stunters could get something!! tena colbert also gave up her winnings so other riders that needed it to get home, could! very noble things tena and starboyz did!!!!!!!!!
Yes very up Standing of the Star Boyz.. Put on a great show and fought all they could for US (the riders) to get paid not them self.. I am going online and buyin a shirt at least
Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JEFF4EZ
Should've slept on the floor ho.

i wanted to stay but jaco wanted to come back to otown

Quick Reply: GEARFEST results, ripoffs, rants, raves thread.