Stuntwars Jan 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stuntwars Jan 2008

Originally Posted by atl freestyle
so when will sw jump on the xdl bandwagon and change the judging criteria, probably NEVER

Stuntwars is changing things at every event they do, trying to make it a better event for everyone as a whole, riders, spectators, staff........... moving to our new location in 2007 helped us solve a lot of our problems out side of the track that the riders dont know about, now we can focus on the event it self, not all the bullshit going on the outside.

We are working on some different judging than we have used in the past, so far this is what we have changed.

2. Execution:, This is worth 0-20 points total, pending on? How all the stunts are completed. The rider does not need to perform difficult tricks to score high in this category They could do the same stunts over and over; as long as the stunts are executed they will score high. Rider will start off with 20 points and for every wreck 5 points will be deducted, for every stunt that is not executed well, rider will get 1 point deducted from the 20 points the remainder will be the score for this category.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by X-treem C
Stuntwars is changing things at every event they do, trying to make it a better event for everyone as a whole, riders, spectators, staff........... moving to our new location in 2007 helped us solve a lot of our problems out side of the track that the riders dont know about, now we can focus on the event it self, not all the bullshit going on the outside.
times of the events each day?????
oh yea and how much for gate fee and entry fees for each event???????

Last edited by naturalborn; 11-07-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by naturalborn
times of the events each day?????
oh yea and how much for gate fee and entry fees for each event???????
We dont have a final time line yet, we are still figuring our entertainment out, drifting, fmx, car stunts, street, etc. We should run from 10:30am till 5:50pm

Entry fees will be the same as always, for individual events,$40 per event that also gets you in fri, sat, sun, no gate fees. The team fee will be less.

We are still working on all the details, should have them in a week or so.

www.stuntwarsinc.com
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 AM

This is what the Freestyle payout is. We are looking for a sponsor to make it more $$$ Freestyle brought to you by @@@@.

08 Stuntwars

Freestyle

1st $4,500

2nd $3,000

3rd $1,500

4th $950

5th $600

This was 07

07 Stuntwars

Freestyle

1st $3,500

2nd $2,500

3rd $1,250

4th $750

5th $550
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM

Twite is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what the Freestyle payout is. We are looking for a sponsor to make it more $$$ Freestyle brought to you by @@@@.

08 Stuntwars

Freestyle

1st $4,500

2nd $3,000

3rd $1,500

4th $950

5th $600

This was 07

07 Stuntwars

Freestyle

1st $3,500

2nd $2,500

3rd $1,250

4th $750

5th $550

That's great! I'm excited to see you guys keep working to improve the event. May I echo Nick's advice to pay out further......to 10th place perhaps? Not much, but even $100 for 10th would be really strong motivation.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 PM

Twite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tigroo
as soon as the brakes work good and there's gas in the tank, street is just a huge spot nah?
i didn't rode street for like 1 year and a halfbut i'll be glad to get back at it
OUTSTANDING!

hey, how do you say "squid" in french?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

Originally Posted by iwreck
OUTSTANDING!

hey, how do you say "squid" in french?

haha , "boulet" is a good one, say it like "boolay" shoud sound good

don't worry, we'll learn u as much bad words as u wanna hear in french, ask nick and ernie, they got some that make me go crazy when they say it
Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM

JONESER is a decent person

We dont have a final time line yet, we are still figuring our entertainment out, drifting, fmx, car stunts, street, etc. We should run from 10:30am till 5:50pm

Entry fees will be the same as always, for individual events,$40 per event that also gets you in fri, sat, sun, no gate fees. The team fee will be less.

We are still working on all the details, should have them in a week or so.

www.stuntwarsinc.com
How about spectators?
For the last 4 years, I go up and watch practice, bring the fiddy, etc. Last year, I got the pit pass and was able to bring my truck inside for the first couple days with the little sticker on the window. The next day, I roll up and they tell me that I can't bring in my truck. I don't know what was up with that...
Also, one of the guys at the pit gate was bitching about going in & out. If we want to get something to eat or check out the vendors, we have to go out. I only went out twice throughout a day(I was there about 9hours), and the old guy told one of your staff that I keep coming in & out.
Your staff bitched at me...

I liked that there was a spot for fiddy riding though.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:34 PM

savage lin is an unknown quantity at this point

i think i'll be there for this one to see what it's like can't wait:YEAH
Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
vvXDL Finals Las Vegas vv

Ford will become famous soon enoughFord will become famous soon enough

If I have a bike Ill be there. Hell, I'll prolly be there even if I don't. I'll just steal borne's or scotty's.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by JONESER
How about spectators?
For the last 4 years, I go up and watch practice, bring the fiddy, etc. Last year, I got the pit pass and was able to bring my truck inside for the first couple days with the little sticker on the window. The next day, I roll up and they tell me that I can't bring in my truck. I don't know what was up with that...
Also, one of the guys at the pit gate was bitching about going in & out. If we want to get something to eat or check out the vendors, we have to go out. I only went out twice throughout a day(I was there about 9hours), and the old guy told one of your staff that I keep coming in & out.

That was the 1st Stuntwars at the new track, sorry about the mix up, The track staff was confused.

If you are on a 50 or a stunt bike with a sticker, you can go in and out all day, all week,the only cars or trucks that go in are registered riders only sat and sun.

Yes we will have the 50 riding area in the center again.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ford
If I have a bike Ill be there. Hell, I'll prolly be there even if I don't. I'll just steal borne's or scotty's.
YEEEEAAAHHHHH!!

That was the 1st Stuntwars at the new track, sorry about the mix up, The track staff was confused.

If you are on a 50 or a stunt bike with a sticker, you can go in and out all day, all week,the only cars or trucks that go in are registered riders only sat and sun.

Cool.. Is there any special reason that cars/trucks (other than registered riders)can't come in on Sat. & Sun.? I understand that those are the busiest days, but if we have a sticker from earlier in the week, why not be allowed those two days? I'm thinking that you don't want to over crowd that area with spectators on those two days. If that's the case, stop handing out stickers for cars/trucks on Friday. Come Saturday or Sunday, if you don't have a sticker on your ride, no entry. Only those who have the sticker can enter. There shouldn't be anymore vehicles in the pit area than there have been any of the other days earlier in the week.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by JONESER

It was like that for me at Stuntoberfest. I had all the appropriate wrist bands and stickers and what not and the guy absolutley refused to let me in. I finally had to just go by when he wasn't looking.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

the security was weird at 2007 ! i competed and they gave me a big hassel to even get in. had the bands, vehicle stickers, etc... hope it's diffrent this year. ohhh and one more thing, keep the drifting on one part of the track! standing at the gate for 1 1/2 hrs trying to get to your shiat is a pain in the ***. might of been 1hr. but it took forever. and they wouldn't let me bring my bike back in after they let me ride it out? <-1 prime example.

*not a area to practice before your run(except warm up area right before your run)we drove down fri. night and got there at 3am sat. morning. I HAD TO WORK! not winning just saying it would be nice if i could of road on the track one or 2 time(6-7 am sat morning) or even on the paved strip in the middle, just something to make sure the bike was running right and what not.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

so far

Woods
Emrock
JT Holt

we are working on 1 more
JT? Wow. Comin' outta the woodwork
Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by nags
It was like that for me at Stuntoberfest. I had all the appropriate wrist bands and stickers and what not and the guy absolutley refused to let me in. I finally had to just go by when he wasn't looking.
Probably the same old guy from SW.

Originally Posted by CHADf
the security was weird at 2007 ! i competed and they gave me a big hassel to even get in. had the bands, vehicle stickers, etc... hope it's diffrent this year. ohhh and one more thing, keep the drifting on one part of the track! standing at the gate for 1 1/2 hrs trying to get to your shiat is a pain in the ***. might of been 1hr. but it took forever. and they wouldn't let me bring my bike back in after they let me ride it out? <-1 prime example.
I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me.
I hope it/something changes this year....
Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

08 Stuntwars

Freestyle

1st $4,500

2nd $3,000

3rd $1,500

4th $950

5th $600

This was 07

07 Stuntwars

Freestyle

1st $3,500

2nd $2,500

3rd $1,250

4th $750

5th $550
the payouts are great, however i think more riders are wanting deeper payouts. from the looks of the changes it really only benifits 1st and 2nd place by paying alot more! $3500 is a nice chunk of change for 1st place. why not devide the additional money up and pay out deeper to 10th or 15th to make the trip more worth while for additional riders!

either way im still coming and defending the title!

:YEAH
Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 AM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
the payouts are great, however i think more riders are wanting deeper payouts. from the looks of the changes it really only benifits 1st and 2nd place by paying alot more! $3500 is a nice chunk of change for 1st place. why not devide the additional money up and pay out deeper to 10th or 15th to make the trip more worth while for additional riders!

either way im still coming and defending the title!

:YEAH
+1

The way I see it you could pay out to 10th place, and keep 1st through 3rd where they stand with $1450 more. So, you need 1 or 2 more sponsors to pick it up.

1st $4500
2nd $3000
3rd $1500
4th $900
5th $600
6th $500
7th $400
8th $300
9th $200
10th $100

That would be $12,000 in Individual Freestyle Payouts.

Or you know something like that....
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

The bandwagggggggon is filling up! Good points all round. If you get one more judge please have it be a current rider that understand the technical side of things, then put him on difficulty! Also is it going to be a broken point system again.

1 judge of each category?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT IF MY HUSBAND IS COMPETING? ARE YOU TELLING ME I HAVE TO SIT IN THE STANDS WITH THE REST OF THE SPECTATORS??? ALSO YOU NEVER SAID GATE FEES FOR NON RIDERS, IF MY HUSBAND IS COMPETING HOW MUCH FOR ME TO GET IN?

Quick Reply: Stuntwars Jan 2008