Lakeland Stuntoberfest Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:15 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: Lakeland Stuntoberfest Disappointment

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
i would assume its casue riders input into an event is important... I dont know though

well that goes without saying... but riders have been offering input for years..

so is the committee just in place to make the riders think that they are finally being listened to??
Old 10-18-2006, 03:06 PM

1SMF is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to help create a vender commitee. I think that being this is the first event at this track there was room for improvment. M/C Self promotion should stop. M/C should inform and entertain the crowd. People standing along the fence was a issue that needs addressing because if you were in the stands at all you could not see over the people.
Maybe the event could take place more on the pit lane. this way it would be farther away from the stands and more people could see. I have been thinking about the event a lot. I think a dragstrip is pmost likely a better arena but not a little 1/8 mile track. A large NHRA 1/4 track. More room for vendors More room for riders and a better view for Spectators.
Maybe in January move the vendors to the infield as it would help distribute the crowds. I have a million ideas that I haven't even thought of yet! j/k
Old 10-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com...te/Default.asp
Old 10-18-2006, 03:22 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
well that goes without saying... but riders have been offering input for years..

so is the committee just in place to make the riders think that they are finally being listened to??
I know running an event isn't easy, and if your the originator of the event you kind of have that middle man position and don't get to call all the shots, but dam, SW have been doing events for years, every year they promise improvement, or that BS excuse, "we are doing all we can," which is understandable after the first event, but come on SW, this isn't the first time, and every SW and Stuntoberfest seems to be fu*ked up one way or another..

For some reason I think if the DSOG got his hands on it... Well you all know what i mean..

Thomas for President!! :YEAH
Old 10-18-2006, 03:31 PM

Right on! that is exactly what I am talking about. Now would it still be an affordable & profitable arena?
I think crowd control will be a problem in Jan.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ive done a show at moroso that exact track and its hard to ride on the track but there is room else were its a big park but moroso hates stunt riders the promoter had to fight to get them to let us ride because he wanted us there not moroso we did two shows and then got kicked off the track on the third show for exccesive burnouts {at a dragstrip}but i guess if the promoter pays the bill they will let any body rent the track so make it happen its close to my house id love it
Old 10-18-2006, 04:39 PM

ate_1_2many is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the world world coming to when people are worried about what someones shirt says at a got da.m stunt show....unreal
Old 10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikkee
I know running an event isn't easy, and if your the originator of the event you kind of have that middle man position and don't get to call all the shots, but dam, SW have been doing events for years, every year they promise improvement, or that BS excuse, "we are doing all we can," which is understandable after the first event, but come on SW, this isn't the first time, and every SW and Stuntoberfest seems to be fu*ked up one way or another..

For some reason I think if the DSOG got his hands on it... Well you all know what i mean..

Thomas for President!! :YEAH
ill vote for that too....
thomas for president!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:20 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person

I do have to say XDL ran a lot better for the riders and the riders liked it a LOT. As for Venders with XDL well it rained all weekend so we never got to setup and see how that would of worked out.

I do think the track is 100x better than before but it's not the best spot in the world for sure. At least my girl could take a **** with out it smelling like bad *** in there. lol

My only gripe is we paid for 20 x 30 spot and 20 x 10 was for our wheelie machine, when we got there we were told we could not run it because someone else was bring and was giving them 20% of the profit from there’s. Adam and I worked it out on sunday but I did lose a lot of money as we spent $2000 to fix it the day before so we could bring it.

I will never go back to Star Boyz StuntFest again because we were told we could not sell Bike Styles shirts, hats or anything there because they had issues with Bike Styles. I don't think they should tell people what they can or can't sell unless it's vulgar to the extreme or some type of law.

Adam also told us we would be the official clothing sponsor for the event and we would be on all print ad's the only print ad we ended up on was the Flyer.

I did not B*tch and say no one else should be selling Icon there as that is our main line as I think it would have been wrong and disrespectful to the other venders and I one of the venders ONLY had icon stuff he would have been screwed and I am too nice of a guy to do that to someone even HAI. lol

In the end we did well as a vender there and as riders, but the turn out was a LOT less than last Stuntoberfest I am sure as we were about $2000 off from last year in sales.

I also paid to have our name mentioned though out the event and if not for Chubbz I would have never heard it because I think Adam total forgot we paid for that.

Just my 2 cents and the way I saw and heard things from both sides ( riders and vender ). Over all we had a good time all weekend and we will be back next year for StuntWars, I know this was there first time at this track so I am sure it will get better.. At least they had signs this year, good job on that one.

Last edited by WarpedToys; 10-18-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:31 PM
I Love To Post!

I though Chubbz and Starboys were cool..... go figure
Old 10-18-2006, 05:34 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas

Its to help with ideas and vote on decisions, Mr. Thomas
Old 10-18-2006, 05:49 PM

Just got back from a meeting at the speedway today

Well we will have security along the fence line so people dont stand

They said they will pave a 100' flat along the grass line in the front before stuntwars, so all technical wheelies and burnouts will be on flat, the new pavement will fade up into the oval so that riders will be able to use both surfaces, riders that rode at stuntober will understand.

People need to understand that at the old track we had to handle everything, the owner did nothing to help or improve his track, now the track people are really involved and helping, which means, the event will only get better.

Thanks to all the riders, spectators, vendors, staff and everyone who supports the event.

Last edited by X-treem C; 10-18-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 PM

MidwayAV8R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, since I started this crap, and since I believe I am the oldest rider on this site, I think I have a right to *****. And yes, even about T Shirt sayings. Call me old fashioned, but "the Finger", and the "F" word are inappropriate at any public function no matter what age or freaking dysfunctional stuntbiker is attending. I'm glad the Team Xtreem picked up on this thread and will be clearing the fence, that really was my biggest ***** (other than "what, what"). Hey, atleast I didn't mention, initially, that I was in room 105 at Hooters Motel, which was 25 feet from the outside smoking area of Hooters Inn. I had to go to Walgreens and buy ear plugs so I could sleep. Listen I don't stunt, I said in my profile that I am happy just to keep my Buell on two wheels without hurting myself, and I thoroughly enjoyed the event, for the most part. But on Sunday it just was bad trying to see over the wall of people, and then the 5 hour ride back to SAV, I just couldn't stay. I understand when most of the stunt riders are at Hooters until 3am getting drunk, it would be tough to start on time. I think you guys are awesome, I think it is physically impossible to do the things you guys do with the bikes. I actually think it's smoke and mirrors. And those crazy women on tandem, she-it! Anyway, it will take some deep thought before I go back in January. And I won't stay at Hooters. I did have the honor of being the only Buell at Hooters!!! BTW, I thought the Warped Toys display was awesome, along with the other vendors. Even the prices weren't bad. What would be awesome would be some entertainment at the racetrack at night, like lots of beer drinking and southern rock and roll, and a couple fat, toothless women dancing on tabletops, then I feel at home.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:28 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by MidwayAV8R
What would be awesome would be some entertainment at the racetrack at night, like lots of beer drinking and southern rock and roll, and a couple fat, toothless women dancing on tabletops, then I feel at home.
you have that at hooters at night
Old 10-18-2006, 07:17 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

didn't you just ***** that you had to buy ear plugs for the beer drinking fat toothless *****es dancing on tables?? at 3am?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:13 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
I though Chubbz and Starboys were cool..... go figure
Not when I was at stunt fest they would not even allow him to come to the show or us to sell any of his stuff, if it had the word bike styles on it we could not sell it. It did not matter if it was the F U shirt or or F choopers it did not matter so it was not that. I was told no Bike styles and that kind of sucked since i had just picked up over $2000 worth of shirts and hats from him to find that out on friday..
Old 10-18-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by MidwayAV8R
Hey, since I started this crap, and since I believe I am the oldest rider on this site, I think I have a right to *****. And yes, even about T Shirt sayings. Call me old fashioned, but "the Finger", and the "F" word are inappropriate at any public function no matter what age or freaking dysfunctional stuntbiker is attending. I'm glad the Team Xtreem picked up on this thread and will be clearing the fence, that really was my biggest ***** (other than "what, what"). Hey, atleast I didn't mention, initially, that I was in room 105 at Hooters Motel, which was 25 feet from the outside smoking area of Hooters Inn. I had to go to Walgreens and buy ear plugs so I could sleep. Listen I don't stunt, I said in my profile that I am happy just to keep my Buell on two wheels without hurting myself, and I thoroughly enjoyed the event, for the most part. But on Sunday it just was bad trying to see over the wall of people, and then the 5 hour ride back to SAV, I just couldn't stay. I understand when most of the stunt riders are at Hooters until 3am getting drunk, it would be tough to start on time. I think you guys are awesome, I think it is physically impossible to do the things you guys do with the bikes. I actually think it's smoke and mirrors. And those crazy women on tandem, she-it! Anyway, it will take some deep thought before I go back in January. And I won't stay at Hooters. I did have the honor of being the only Buell at Hooters!!! BTW, I thought the Warped Toys display was awesome, along with the other vendors. Even the prices weren't bad. What would be awesome would be some entertainment at the racetrack at night, like lots of beer drinking and southern rock and roll, and a couple fat, toothless women dancing on tabletops, then I feel at home.
I think you're looking for an Eazyriders Rodeo Show.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM

umpa is an unknown quantity at this point

I know most of you dont care too much for me because I called "Kane" out on his fake world record (I dare him to prove it at SWO7) anyway I digress,
Todd this is some constructive criticism.

Many people didnt even know about the different ticket options to hangout with the riders. Instead we were stuck behind that damn fence (which should be removed for comps for stuntoberfest.

The Stuntwars website displayed stuntwars dated oct 13-15 not stuntoberfest which was confusing the helll outta people.

The vendors? Ha, Saturday there was maybe 2 vendors open and 4-5 of them were closed or vendorless.

Once again, rules? Dogs allowed? 50's allowed? People were riding their 50's on the first floor of the stands while others had dogs with them.

The announcers need lessons. Chubbs with his What, What was f-ing ridiculous, give them scripts or something cause novice people with mics will destroy your shows. Chubbs placing the mic right into the megaphone was annoying also.

Its not rocket science Todd. If this thread makes a difference, great then! If not I have at least vented my opinion.

Now I gotta give you the bathrooms. No Port-o-potties was great.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

i pooped with confidence all weekend................
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by T-Ice
i pooped with confidence all weekend................

that was my main goal, for tice to feel comfortable pooping

Quick Reply: Lakeland Stuntoberfest Disappointment