Super Streetbike Magazine Bike Night Out Aug 26th

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:42 PM

banned101 is a decent person
Re: Super Streetbike Magazine Bike Night Out Aug 26th

Sounds like fun wish I could bring my modified xr 50 and ride ,but maybey next time.Im still looking forward to seeing everyone .Ill still be on 2 wheels ,but itll be my wheel chair hahahahahahaa!!

Thanks!!! Ryan at 50 stunt for the rear hand brake!!!!!

BEN
Old 08-23-2006, 01:27 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banned101
Sounds like fun wish I could bring my modified xr 50 and ride ,but maybey next time.Im still looking forward to seeing everyone .Ill still be on 2 wheels ,but itll be my wheel chair hahahahahahaa!!

Thanks!!! Ryan at 50 stunt for the rear hand brake!!!!!

BEN
Looking forward to seeing you and Blake. It's been a while.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:25 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
I really hope this one is sucessful, so next time I can get a open riding area. You wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump through to just to let the 4 riders ride!
i don't see why you had to jump through hoop's? we have done multiple show's at the import nationals with free ride's all day long,aaron at racing 905 can tell you,and no disrespect to any of our boy's who are in the show or on the street ride flyer,cause we get along with everyone but how is it riders like kendall,tony oliver and myself never get any invite's to thing's not only in our own backyard but pretty much any socal rpm, super street bike,bike night out's ect.ect.i mean when we do ride with everyone all they do is tell us how sick we are and how we are just killing everything. just wondering.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by mikey-d
i don't see why you had to jump through hoop's? we have done multiple show's at the import nationals with free ride's all day long,aaron at racing 905 can tell you,and no disrespect to any of our boy's who are in the show or on the street ride flyer,cause we get along with everyone but how is it riders like kendall,tony oliver and myself never get any invite's to thing's not only in our own backyard but pretty much any socal rpm, super street bike,bike night out's ect.ect.i mean when we do ride with everyone all they do is tell us how sick we are and how we are just killing everything. just wondering.
100% truth, If I had to do the stunt demo again, I'd cancel it. I have absolutely NO CLUE how any stunt event is done legally and insured. The short demos we are doing ate up 1/2 my budget.

My best advice to tell the riders that are killing it locally is, you have to bust out of our bubble and travel. Mikey D I know you do. I'm sure there's some guy out at Glamis that is better then Pastrana (well maybe not Pastrana) but no one will ever know if he never leaves Glamis.

Go to the shows that we say that Super Streetbike will be covering. Do well at those shows. Stand out at the shows. We (Foto, me and others) do our best to take and submit photos of everyone. It's up to our art director to pick the photos that he feels are best for the mag. Make your bike LOOK PRETTY! Guys have already lost covers for not having pretty bikes.

Perfect examples of where to go: Foto will be covering the 905 street ride. Simon Green will be covering the RR parade.

Super Streetbike will be covering the Motorcycle Mayhem and there are 2 spots open for competition. Mick Wells got a cover last year for winning the Amateur comp.

Spend every dollar you have to go do every show you can. Then get sponsors to give you nothing for a few years so you eventually can get some to give you a little bit. It sucks I know.

I wish there was an easy answer, but I promise you (all of you) have a guy in your corner fighting for you with the companies. The game is still open and the compaines don't know who is who yet..... yet....
Old 08-25-2006, 03:04 PM

johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

what time is rollout time from backwoods
Old 08-25-2006, 07:31 PM

Also
Speedvision's Super Bike's show will be filming at Bike Night Out this Sat Aug 26th at the Pomona Fairplex!

Also the Metric TV show will be filming as well as some smaller shows!

Don't forget that it's hosted by Super Streetbike magazine.

Roll in Deep and show the world how we do in SoCal! Don't miss the biggest streetbike event in SoCal!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Mick Wells got a cover last year for winning the Amateur comp.

i thought it was kinda funny how this months issue of SSB Mag covered the Infineon Comp in Sac from may, which we did travel to go to. which we all competed in. I competed for my 1st time ever, got a 1st place finish, took plenty of pics with Foto and yet when i bought this months issue i opened it to find 3+ pictures of darius and more of guys and teams that didnt even place or win any event. Hmmm... guess i was lucky to even have my name in the article.

and as for XDL mikey competed on kane and Darius team which took a 2nd place finish but they failed to even mention that mike was a part of the team.

im not tryin to throw a b!tch fit but i just dont think we should have to go across the country n win a comp just to get a little recognition
Old 08-25-2006, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Carbajal

im not tryin to throw a b!tch fit but i just dont think we should have to go across the country n win a comp just to get a little recognition
Then we need to step up and have a comp right here in SoCal.

That won't be me. LOL
Old 08-26-2006, 02:22 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony Carbajal
i thought it was kinda funny how this months issue of SSB Mag covered the Infineon Comp in Sac from may, which we did travel to go to. which we all competed in. I competed for my 1st time ever, got a 1st place finish, took plenty of pics with Foto and yet when i bought this months issue i opened it to find 3+ pictures of darius and more of guys and teams that didnt even place or win any event. Hmmm... guess i was lucky to even have my name in the article.

and as for XDL mikey competed on kane and Darius team which took a 2nd place finish but they failed to even mention that mike was a part of the team.

all very good points tony.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:00 AM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Then we need to step up and have a comp right here in SoCal.

That won't be me. LOL
your a ***
Old 08-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

100% truth, If I had to do the stunt demo again, I'd cancel it. I have absolutely NO CLUE how any stunt event is done legally and insured. The short demos we are doing ate up 1/2 my budget.

My best advice to tell the riders that are killing it locally is, you have to bust out of our bubble and travel. Mikey D I know you do. I'm sure there's some guy out at Glamis that is better then Pastrana (well maybe not Pastrana) but no one will ever know if he never leaves Glamis.

Go to the shows that we say that Super Streetbike will be covering. Do well at those shows. Stand out at the shows. We (Foto, me and others) do our best to take and submit photos of everyone. It's up to our art director to pick the photos that he feels are best for the mag. Make your bike LOOK PRETTY! Guys have already lost covers for not having pretty bikes.

Perfect examples of where to go: Foto will be covering the 905 street ride. Simon Green will be covering the RR parade.

Super Streetbike will be covering the Motorcycle Mayhem and there are 2 spots open for competition. Mick Wells got a cover last year for winning the Amateur comp.

Spend every dollar you have to go do every show you can. Then get sponsors to give you nothing for a few years so you eventually can get some to give you a little bit. It sucks I know.

I wish there was an easy answer, but I promise you (all of you) have a guy in your corner fighting for you with the companies. The game is still open and the compaines don't know who is who yet..... yet....
We do travel....and we beat Mick Wells in 2 areas in the recent comp at Cali Speedway. BTW that comp was open to any one, and it was even held in the middle infield area. And Tony already touched on the other points I was going to make. Seems like the problems is we dont brown nose the right people. Of all ours friends that are big enough to show us, NICK APEX is the only one not afraid to highlight us

No matter.....we'll get ours
Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
street killa

BOB WITTMAN will become famous soon enough

this is all true, something i could never understand is so ****in what if this guys bike is beat looking, it show how much practice,hard work it took for him to get where he is,my last bike looked like someone hooked it to there truck and drug it down train tracks!!! but no mag will put it there there spread even tho it was an 05????
Old 08-28-2006, 01:45 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Its all about who you know and how much time and money you put into EVERYTHING, not just lot practicing. All you stunters out there that want to do something with this sport need to open your eyes.

Practice is great, but if you ain't using those skills anywhere else but the lot, your not going to go anywhere.

Making your bike look presentable. IMAGE is everything to people and to SPONSORS. And when it does look good, you need to take it out places... comps, bike nights, shows, events, etc.

Personality?? If you aren't walking around talking to people i.e. sponsors, booths, clubs, everyone, etc., NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! You don't have to brown nose, but you do need to let people know who you are and what you do.

It takes a lot of time and MONEY to make things happen. If you can't man up to that, then don't complain about where you stand in the industry.

If you guys have any questions, hit me up 760-583-9165. I have done a lot and have been pretty successful so far. I will help you if you need it, but you need to teach me how to do circles... haha...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:03 PM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by socalstunts
but you need to teach me how to do circles... haha...
you dont have it in you!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by OLIVER
you dont have it in you!
If I had it in me, I would of pulled it out already... haha.. When we gonna get some more Rico Suave pics???
Old 08-29-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
We do travel....and we beat Mick Wells in 2 areas in the recent comp at Cali Speedway. BTW that comp was open to any one, and it was even held in the middle infield area. And Tony already touched on the other points I was going to make. Seems like the problems is we dont brown nose the right people. Of all ours friends that are big enough to show us, NICK APEX is the only one not afraid to highlight us

No matter.....we'll get ours
Brown nose the right people?

I've explained how to get in the mag, the rest is up to you.

Prove me wrong, go compete in Motorcycle Mayhem 2006 which is open to EVERYONE (see other thread). Earn a spot for the main show and win. You'll get $500 for just qualifying. Busted bike or not, you'll get coverage.

Last edited by SoCalRPM; 08-29-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by socalstunts
Its all about who you know and how much time and money you put into EVERYTHING, not just lot practicing. All you stunters out there that want to do something with this sport need to open your eyes.

Practice is great, but if you ain't using those skills anywhere else but the lot, your not going to go anywhere.

Making your bike look presentable. IMAGE is everything to people and to SPONSORS. And when it does look good, you need to take it out places... comps, bike nights, shows, events, etc.

Personality?? If you aren't walking around talking to people i.e. sponsors, booths, clubs, everyone, etc., NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! You don't have to brown nose, but you do need to let people know who you are and what you do.

It takes a lot of time and MONEY to make things happen. If you can't man up to that, then don't complain about where you stand in the industry.

If you guys have any questions, hit me up 760-583-9165. I have done a lot and have been pretty successful so far. I will help you if you need it, but you need to teach me how to do circles... haha...
All good points.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:15 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think you guys are understading. We arent whining so much about not getting a million sponsors and such. We more wonder why were arent invited to things that are right in our back yard. And this isnt the first time either.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:36 PM

I dont think you guys are understading. We arent whining so much about not getting a million sponsors and such. We more wonder why were arent invited to things that are right in our back yard. And this isnt the first time either.

Why your not invited??? hmmm.... There are many many reasons for this...

1. I own socalstunts.com and have yet to see any of you on it. I got hit up for shows and events all the time. In with me and I could hook you up with stuff.

2. Bike nights?? There are so many bike nights out there its not even funny. I don't even know when I saw any of you at one bike night. And I go to Hollywood, Zorbas, Friscos, Backwoods, Socalstunts, Top Flyt, Bravos, Cooks Corner, and many many more. I put myself out there. I show off at all those bike nights and thats why people know me and hit me up.

3. Events?? Super Streetbike Bike Night Out... Where were you guys?? Even if your not in the event, you should still show up and support it. It shows good sportsmanship, respect for the overall industry, and that you flat out care what goes on in the motorcycle industry as a whole.

4. Competitions?? WBBF.. you guys were there. Thats good. But there are many other competitions that you guys can go to also. A couple were at Infineon. Now when you guys go to these events, you cannot just ride your slotted time and then go to your truck or booth and just hideout. You need to walk around and mingle. Talk to other riders and companies at booths.

I hope this helps. I'm not trying to rag or clown. It takes alot of work to get a name and be on top of a list to do shows and events. Sometimes sponsors are what get you shows and events too... remember that! It all can be done, but not just going on to stuntlife.com Most sponsors hate this freaking website and refuse to come on here cuz there is so much complaining, b itching and drama.

It could be done. I know you guys in the I.E. got mad skills, but you got to put in more effort. I got 3 kids, a job, a website(2 of them), a few females here and there(haha), and I still manage to show people and sponsors whats up.

HOLLA BLOX!!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:16 PM

I went to Friscos a little while ago.....and I couldnt walk ten steps without some one recognizing me as 'Kendall, one of those guys who kills it' at the Etiwanda spot. Im out there but in a different way. I let my riding do the talking.

Again, let me say....I know why I dont have shows or sponsors.....its because I dont pursue it, and thats fine with me. For right now thats the way I want it.

BUT.....when stuff like this, or like when BURN 3 was filming....AT OUR SPOT...or when some one has a TV show......and its friends of ours (or at least thats what you say) that are putting it on, or are affiliated with it dont even call us, its makes us wonder after awhile. We know were good enough for these things.....yet no love.

I do realize however that no one owes us anything. But when our fellow riders are always telling us how much we kill it and this and that, then turn around and snuff us when it comes time for events in SoCal.....I think were only human in being a little perturbed....ya know?

I dunno I could be wrong...

But I still think its shitty that Mikey wasnt mentioned as being on Kane and Darius' team, and in the Infineon article, there were THREE pictures of Darius and one of a team that didnt place, and not one of Tony who won first in AM his first time competing. Its stuff like this that make us wonder why you all are against us somtimes, know what I mean? AND its stuff lie this that make me think that one has to brown nose the right people

If you guys only knew how much I stick up for all of you everyday... everyday.... I'm not looking for brown nosing. I'm looking for help.

Quick Reply: Super Streetbike Magazine Bike Night Out Aug 26th