Rolling stoppies and wheelies.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 03:09 AM

OneWheelRider is an unknown quantity at this point
Rolling stoppies and wheelies.

I have a dave mirra signature that i flatland, well try too, and stoppie (mainly), im looking to do better , longer stopies. i can only get maybe 10 feet on a good one, on flat ground. should i , can i get discs for my haro or should i just try to get a mtb
Old 03-28-2004, 10:22 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rolling stoppies and wheelies.

I was gonna get disk brakes on my bike once, said it would cost me $800 for a bmx bike cause then would need to put on custom forks, and they assumed a back one also, so a new frame.

I am relearning endos, cause I got new brake levers, and it was way diff from my old ones. All you have to do is get high enought to where you can feather the brake, I went from rolling nothing, to 10ft in like 3 hours, then about 45 minutes after that I was doin 20ft, im goin back out to ride right now, I wanna hit 30 today
Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 PM

TwiTchDME is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm still going to have to disagree with everyone on the "you really need disc brakes to stoppie" thought. the mirra frame is an alright bike to start learning everything on. the way i see it, yes disc brakes might be a little easier for some of you, but i think it all has to do with getting a motorcycle feel to it. If your brakes feel uncomfortable right now as they are when you try to stoppie, re-adjust your brake so it's not that tight, and has a lot of brake throw in the lever. this way you'll have a wider range of feathering room. my brakes are set up so by the time you pull in the brake lever 1/4", my brakes are almost locked up. but that's for flatland. i've also gotten use to feathering with a light finger. but seriously... take my thought about just re-adjusting your brakes and re-learning it that way before you go out and blow a crap load of money on something that isn't necessary. if any of you have seen any flatland videos, you'll see that people do full stoppies/nose wheelies with stock brakes *i.e. Dia Comp 990's or the Hombres*. it's all balance and getting used to your bike, especially with a bmx bike. once you are comfortable on it, you will be able to roll stoppies with no brakes. it CAN be done with time.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:22 AM

Jasper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TwiTchDME
i'm still going to have to disagree with everyone on the "you really need disc brakes to stoppie" thought. the mirra frame is an alright bike to start learning everything on. the way i see it, yes disc brakes might be a little easier for some of you, but i think it all has to do with getting a motorcycle feel to it. If your brakes feel uncomfortable right now as they are when you try to stoppie, re-adjust your brake so it's not that tight, and has a lot of brake throw in the lever. this way you'll have a wider range of feathering room. my brakes are set up so by the time you pull in the brake lever 1/4", my brakes are almost locked up. but that's for flatland. i've also gotten use to feathering with a light finger. but seriously... take my thought about just re-adjusting your brakes and re-learning it that way before you go out and blow a crap load of money on something that isn't necessary. if any of you have seen any flatland videos, you'll see that people do full stoppies/nose wheelies with stock brakes *i.e. Dia Comp 990's or the Hombres*. it's all balance and getting used to your bike, especially with a bmx bike. once you are comfortable on it, you will be able to roll stoppies with no brakes. it CAN be done with time.
yeah I have nothing to say to that but practice is also the key to succesfull endo's!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:51 PM

Psycho3 is an unknown quantity at this point

true true, you don't need disc brakes to roll stoppies or ride wheelies or whatever, I have a 2000 jay miron schwinn bmx and the thing is a tank, but I can ride manuals and coasters as long as I want, ride 1000 foot wheelies no problem, tight circles, working on highchair manuals, and I've rolled a 73 foot stoppie. All of this was on the stock bike except for tires and grips... proves you don't need $800 brakes or watever to do this kinda stuff. :YEAH
Old 04-08-2004, 05:03 PM

blingblinginbmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Psycho3
true true, you don't need disc brakes to roll stoppies or ride wheelies or whatever, I have a 2000 jay miron schwinn bmx and the thing is a tank, but I can ride manuals and coasters as long as I want, ride 1000 foot wheelies no problem, tight circles, working on highchair manuals, and I've rolled a 73 foot stoppie. All of this was on the stock bike except for tires and grips... proves you don't need $800 brakes or watever to do this kinda stuff. :YEAH
psycho...uhh yeah, i think u are in the wrong chat room bout them 73 foot stoppies, that is in the other chatrooms. naw man im j/p, but u got some pics or sumthin im me at this name and send them to me. but i do agree wit you bout the whole brake thing now, mine r fine tuned. i got a good flatland setup now.i cant get this one trick down where u feather the front brakes, slam them on and hold on to your handlebars and spin around then hop back on. i d k what its called, but its like when u stall the rest of the bike and do a barspin with yourself on the bars. p.s. i got a 5 foot stoppies since i adjusted them brakes. lol
Old 04-08-2004, 06:03 PM

.i cant get this one trick down where u feather the front brakes, slam them on and hold on to your handlebars and spin around then hop back on. i d k what its called, but its like when u stall the rest of the bike and do a barspin with yourself on the bars. p.s. i got a 5 foot stoppies since i adjusted them brakes. lol
I think thats a 'flail' or a ' boomerang'
Old 04-08-2004, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jasper
I think thats a 'flail' or a ' boomerang'
well guess what jasper, i dont like riding flatland because i think it is gay, but if i am bored i give stuff a try. plus i dont have 24 hour access to a sk8 park. so personally im not familiar with flatland tricks. but say nac nac, superman, or tabletop, and ill know where your comin from.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by blingblinginbmx
well guess what jasper, i dont like riding flatland because i think it is gay, but if i am bored i give stuff a try. plus i dont have 24 hour access to a sk8 park. so personally im not familiar with flatland tricks. but say nac nac, superman, or tabletop, and ill know where your comin from.
I just thought because you didnt know the name of the trick I'd post something.
Man, I dont care if you dont like flatland, Its about what you like to do best.
ok? and whats with the ???
Old 04-09-2004, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jasper
I just thought because you didnt know the name of the trick I'd post something.
Man, I dont care if you dont like flatland, Its about what you like to do best.
ok? and whats with the ???

aight, aight, i thought u was laughin at me by the lol guy, and the two finger guy is so cool. but any way, on that trick, whichever one it is, i cant get my leg up far enough to get over the toptube. my bars get in the way. which are haro kneesaver k2's, and are very slim 4 pc. bars. so if ya got pointers on this help me out man.i am also runnin out of flatland stuuf to try when i get bored. i do double barspin stoppies. but once you can do so much the next step up is like 5 steps up. with the balance factor and all.if u got suggestions tell me, i will also have you know that as a modifier, i have perfected the barspin. :YEAH
Old 04-09-2004, 10:39 AM

hehe its ok man ;-) some misunderstanding going on here..LOL means -laughing out loud right, but LOL in dutch means something like 'Fun'
I sometimes get these to mixxed up or something, but anyway
trying out these flatland things will help your over-all balance and controle of youre bike..
but those kneesaver bars sound like they should give you problems with that, is it like you spin youreself leaning on the bars around the bike right?
try to lean on the bars more or less over the bars with youre arms as much as possible, you can lean side to side to controle youre spin, or even stall it..
I havent tryed it myself but I'm going out riding tomorow (finally) so I'll keep you posted on that.
may-b for other flatland tricks you can check out www.bikeflat.com or www.bmxtrix.com they have a couple of tricks on em with video's and how to's.
I think that you like squeckers and stuff and there are flatland bunnyhop like tricks..
Old 04-11-2004, 10:55 AM

TwiTchDME is an unknown quantity at this point

squeekers, frontyards, infinity rolls, steam rollers, hang 5's. all of those are basic necesary tricks that you should learn if you want to go anywhere with flatland.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:51 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shaggy
Quote deleted by Shaggy - It was perpetuating the flame that was started by TwiTch
first off, alot of us stunt pedel bikes because... WE ARNT OLD ENOUGH FOR STREET BIKES~

Last edited by Shaggy; 04-12-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:04 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shaggy
Quote deleted by Shaggy - It was perpetuating the flame that was started by TwiTch
i got alot of respect for these cats after all we are all a stunt community including bicycles if you don't think the same then keep it to yourself , you have no right to come into there OWN forum and just insult them like that

- I took out the flame that was aimed back - just to be fair
And on a personal note:
I agree with BetoWZP These kids have mad skillz and face it, they ARE the future of MOTORCYLE stunting. --Shaggy

Last edited by Shaggy; 04-12-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:18 AM

EndoPro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheelie Boy
first off, alot of us stunt pedel bikes because... WE ARNT OLD ENOUGH FOR STREET BIKES~
OR CAN'T AFFORD THEM!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 03:17 PM

heya, blingblinginbmx thanks for the compliments haha I just made some room and rolled out a 92 footer through the same tennis courts my bro has a digi that can take vids.. mine can too but it's bad quality.. i'll get a vid up in a week (mind u I got a lot of rash while trying to break my 92 foot mark)
Old 04-13-2004, 03:44 PM

heya, blingblinginbmx thanks for the compliments haha I just made some room and rolled out a 92 footer through the same tennis courts my bro has a digi that can take vids.. mine can too but it's bad quality.. i'll get a vid up in a week (mind u I got a lot of rash while trying to break my 92 foot mark)
dude, u got alot of guts to be doin that shtuff.. what r u using again? for those brakes or whatever to get into a stoppie? cant wait to see the video and by the way, i got that flail thing pretty close, but im not all into flatland. i just love doing wheelies and does anyone have tips for doin manuals? i cant do them very far...lol... but i like park riding and freestyle. ( some dirt) :YEAH
Old 04-13-2004, 04:11 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Yo! cheak out the P1 it's got disc brake's it's like $400 if you got to have strate bmx you could swap part's
Old 04-14-2004, 01:09 AM

using 990 brakes for my stoppies good luck with ur flair thing haha, I'm not that good at anything other than wheelies n stoppies. I guess thats why I am alright at it, cuz thats all I spend my time doing

for manuals I am not all that good, I can ride them for a long time but it's more of a coaster as I tap the rear brake alot... so i'm workin on them as well.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:39 PM

using 990 brakes for my stoppies good luck with ur flair thing haha, I'm not that good at anything other than wheelies n stoppies. I guess thats why I am alright at it, cuz thats all I spend my time doing

for manuals I am not all that good, I can ride them for a long time but it's more of a coaster as I tap the rear brake alot... so i'm workin on them as well.
i got v brakes on the back, that is how i do my pogos so good. my best trick is a pogo barspin but anyways, about the manual.., do u like lean real far back and tap the brakes? i can just manual like 10 feet w/o brakes but i dont know how to do it any longer.

Quick Reply: Rolling stoppies and wheelies.