Longest endo (distance)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 05:42 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
my endos are anywhere from 15-25mph and I go like 50ft, dont quote me on that, just estimated
Old 01-01-2004, 06:44 AM

Beastyforever is an unknown quantity at this point
You'r going 25mph, and roll then for around 50ft, on a BMX bike.

Then you'r using quite a lot of brake right? I've gone maybe a bit faster and ended up rolling not quite as long. But I know that I use alot of brake on those...

My point is, I'd like to do stoppies on my BMX bike (normally I use a MTB), but I just can't, the brakes simpely aren't good enough. I figured that this was due to the small wheels, and that better riders would have no problem, since they would be closer to the balance point and then need less brake-power.
But if you'r doing 50's comming in a 25mph, those brakes has to be somewhat decent.

What kinda pads are you using? Anything I can do to my rim? Any tips on how to improve the brakes on a cheap BMX bike?

- Beasty
Old 01-01-2004, 01:34 PM

its all stock, diamondback joker
Old 01-02-2004, 05:04 AM

Well I'm not gonna go out and buy a diamondback joker But tnx anyway

Anyone out there that know's of way's to improve brakes on a BMX bike?

I think I need some really soft grippy pads, can anyone reccomend a brand?
Old 01-02-2004, 05:11 AM

I had really soft sticky pads, I dident like them, they grip way to much so you dont roll much, I'd suggest gettin new/better cables
Old 01-02-2004, 06:12 PM

Jasper is an unknown quantity at this point
brake cables make a real diffrence,
try them wtp (whethepeople) Vector Hi-Slick cables with 2 teflon coatings, one over the cable itself and one on the inside of the housing. Friction free, dirt and moisture resistant and a stainless innercable.

It's the ****!!

If its pads youre after try look for some Kool-stop pads they are really good..

I run Dia-tech hombre U-Brake AD/FS-996 with fiesta spiral spring set front & rear
they work perfect for me..

on a bmx bike u have to use youre weight more so if u want to gain distance doing a 'normal' endo, try going more forward to the handlebars when the rear is lifting the ground and bend youre knees downward.. thats what I do and it works for me..

I'm gonna try out those hang5's now I'm doing them with brakes, (wich works perfectly if you want to do rollin endos the 'easy' way) but I wanna do em brake-less and then switch footed and then no-handend and so on and so on...

so if you want to practice youre endo's and go some distance try it with one foot on the peg, works for me!! Psycho3 was right about that, thanx Psycho3!!!
I'll be out riding soon, and taking some pics!! so I'll keep u guys posted on that
but first it has to stop raining!!
(dutch weather sucks!)
Old 01-03-2004, 10:09 AM

Didn't think cables made that much of a diffrence, tnx for the tip...

Kool-stop pads, allright, think I've heard about them before

Well all I need now is somewhere to buy all that stuff... I actually need some other handlebars too, the onces I'm riding now cant clear the seat, even tho the seat is mounted on a bend back pole.

|
/ <--- Kinda shape...
|

Plz don't post alot of names of shops, or links to pages where I can buy stuff. I live in Denmark, so anything not concerning a shop located in Denmark is useless to me

Tnx for the help everyone

- Beasty
Old 01-04-2004, 07:43 AM

Denmark isnt very far from Holland (I've been to Denmark once)
whell, ...
If you ever should come to Amsterdam, go to soulcycle.. (www.soulcycle.com)

but I hope you will find the parts you need, If there's a bar I should recomend to you its the Dragonfly Mike S bar or the KHE Phil Dolan bar, they are specially designed for flatland, the mike S bar has no stem you just pop it on youre fork tube and it has the same feeling backwars & forwards..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	57183  
Old 01-04-2004, 08:31 AM

I've been to Holland once, you've got great mentallity towards racing everything down there! Saw my first ever wheelie in Amsterdam Two guy's on Ninjas I think.

I found a online BMX-shop in Germany, I think they will ship stuff.

Dragonfly bars I can get... But I wan't a cheap one, to mach my cheap BMX-bike

Also I think I may have found the reason why my front brake is less than great.

I have one of these:

They are like 3 euros (round 4$)

Maybe I need one of these:

And then a U-brake...

I see what you'r doing on the pic, but I can't. No chance of pulling the rear up sitting like that. I have to be all up against the bars, or have both feet on the pedals and then jumping it up there with the brake I'm riding.

Maybe I'll just forget about stoppies, and save that for the MTB. Seems kinda stupid spending alot of money on a cheap BMX bike, when I'm not riding it much anyway...

- Beasty
Old 01-04-2004, 09:18 AM

I used to have a brake set-up like you have now my Mongoose that I had a year ago
I bought a old mongoose from someone 2 years ago because I wanted a bmx and wanted to get into flatlanding..
I could do endo's on it but at some point I just couldnt get them further, better higher.. and it took a lot of effort to do em, compared to what I'm doing now.
after I got my WTP Pony my riding radicaly improved and I'm still learnig, so a good bike really makes a diffrence..
but, try out the brake set-up with U-brakes, and them kool-stop pads.. and I think you will be able to do em much better.
maybe you can get a second hand bar, or try cutting youre bar. I dont know what bar you have now
Old 01-04-2004, 11:32 AM

I wouldn't know where to get a 2nd hand one... I will look around tho. I don't know about cutting, but here's a pic so you can see what this bike is all about:

Maybe I'll go for the U-brake setup, depends on how much I'm gonna use the thing once the weather gets better.

- Beasty
Old 01-04-2004, 11:57 AM

looks kinda like the mongoose I used to have..
exept for the bars..
those bars are nice and wide tho but I would look for other ones.
you can cut the bars up to lower them and make em slimmer. maybe someone here has a suggestion, or post a new topic
the weather sucks in this part of europe, its raining all day here
Old 01-04-2004, 02:28 PM

Yeah they are too wide. Could i cut out a bit of the cross-bar, bend it in and weld it? I can't just cut the ends off, then I'd have to mount the brake levers on the round bit... Another problem is that they have kind of a U-shape seen from above, I'd like it to be straight instead. Riding with the bars 180 is really hard, it's way too near to the seat, and the bar ends are pointing somewhat forward

Maybe it's mainly build for just riding around, big front sproket, chain-guard, reflexes (remind me to take those off, lol), and a wide bend back set of bars. Just funny it comes with a back-brake rotor made for barspins, when the bars can't even clear the seat

It's snow here, tempretures just below freezing. Here's a pic from today:

Just after this pic was taken it started snowing, now it's white everywhere...

- Beasty
Old 01-06-2004, 06:06 PM

dirt stunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Go with the U brake set up and adapter, I did and you won't be sorry. Side pulls suck and have no leverage because I tried to adjust them, lube them and they are still just adjusted pieces of sh*t.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 PM

I've adjusted, lubed, and added other pads too, nothing helped. I'll go with the adaptor and U-brake if I'm gonna do anything
Old 01-08-2004, 10:30 AM

yeah..
Old 02-29-2004, 10:58 AM

rossi.nsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Longest endo (distance)

Posted a bit late but i can do just over 10m (30ft) on my MTB with V's
Old 02-29-2004, 10:18 PM

TwiTchDME is an unknown quantity at this point

heh. hang fives are mad nuts, i can't do em forwards that well, but backwards? no one can touch me on those. CBO and a lot of people in DMExtreme have seen me do backwards hang nothings. No brakes. Basically a backwards endo/stoppie with my feet hanging off the pedals and off the pegs in the air. Sick stuff. Just my I give mad props to people doing forward stuff. all of the tricks i do, are backwards or spinning hecka fast. If any of you have seen DMExtreme's Way Of Life Vol. 1, I'm the kid on the yellow bike doing a backwards hitchhiker.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:15 AM

nice !!!
may-b you can post a clip of some pics..
yesterday I went to 'Braunflatground' (www.braunflatground.com)
a flatland comp.
there was this german guy who did brakeless hang 5's, while he was standing on his left front peg with his right foot, and his arms waving in the air! and then he rolled it into a circle.. man that was really fun to see
I'll post the pics soon~!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:42 PM

EndoPro is an unknown quantity at this point

My chit is ****. My front brake cable snapped while I was rolling an endo, so now I HAVE to do hang 5's. I can roll a hang 5 on the front for about 3 feet :D but its still not great--no where close. My rear tire is flat too, so its nasty when I crash and the rear rim bangs the cement.. I usualy do my hang 5's with one leg on the pedal, and then other over the bars and on a peg. Anyone else do that? I find it way easier to get the bike up that way, and then when i crash I can catch myself with my foot and not fall most of the time.

I crashed a standard forwards hang 5, that was bad, heh. I also tried to do a standard hang 5 and my foot slipped off the peg and I didn't manage to get it on the ground quickly enough, so I fell and caught the frame in the groin. Didnt get canned but I got a good scare.

Quick Reply: Longest endo (distance)