Drama free forum....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:00 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
Drama free forum....

Maybe this isn't the best way to deal with the drama on this "bicycle forum" but it's over due.

Tomi, IMP-INC, GundamnitPete.... all you guys, along with others on this forum are very good at wheelies on your bicycles. But sometimes I feel like you guys are competing for a gold medal or something. I LOVE watching all the videos posted on here.... either by you guys or other members. But we all need to remember why we started riding. For me it wasn't to prove how good I am or how good I can be... I started and continue to ride for FUN.

If you've read this much, please read further and let me explain myself.

It's often difficult to pick up on someone's "tone" or "attitude" in reading a post. Without voice characteristics to listen too, statements left on these forums can sometimes be misconstrued as something different than they were intended for.

I know it's a matter of pride for some of you guys. Some of you riders are proud of what you can do, as you should be. But to post videos just to out do the next guy is going to only cause problems down the road. By all means... be proud and continue to post video after video. All I'm suggesting is that we all do it for entertainment's sake and leave the negative comments and attitudes at the door.

Now, I'm sure some of you are asking... "who the **** is this guy?" "Why the hell should we give a **** what he thinks?" While I've been a Stuntlife member for over 5 years, by no means do I think I know everything. However, I've seen drama on forums cause the deletion of that forum. I've seen members get banned for the slightest comment that rubbed a moderator the wrong way. The main reason I'm posting this is because I enjoy this forum and don't want to see it go down the *******. I know some of you are a decade younger than me, so maybe you haven't seen threads get out of hand yet.... maybe some of you have. Let's work together to keep the bicycle stunter forum from going down the *******.

So in closing... I'm an internet addict. I'm usually on Stuntlife daily. I like reading others stories, tips, and questions. I love watching the videos and seeing what others who share my interests are able to do and perform on their bikes. All I ask is we continue to have a good time and not let things get out of hand.

Peace,
Drew
Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 PM

streetracer90 is a decent person
Re: Drama free forum....

Good point bro! Agree with u to 100%.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:52 AM

Tomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Drama free forum....

Im not competing with anyone, I just do this for fun and because i love it.
Reason why im reading this forum is the in finland everybody just hate bicycle stunters.