My new 09 Monster

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Re: My new 09 Monster

hell yeah, cant wait to get mine. looks like kawi put some thought into stuntin with the subframe!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:32 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
hell yeah, cant wait to get mine. looks like kawi put some thought into stuntin with the subframe!!!
Not really the rear half (silver) it made of paper, and really really really weak! Also they did not support the tail between the 2 seats, so that will have to be fixed for SS...Basically there is about 2-3" between the subframe and that plastic between the 2 seats, with only a block of foam for support it against the ECU wiring plugs...Instead of makin a "tail saver" Im going to fix that from the inside...

The front half isnt so bad, and for that Im going to just plate up the insides, to keep the stock look...The rear section will be made completely new, out of billet 6061 plate parts that I will design in CAD and have water jet cut...And I will add bracing for the plastic for SS, and also attach my adjustable length Titanium round bars to that. Thats right Im making Ti round bars that you can pop your passenger seat, pull 2 pins and push or pull it in and out to whatever length you want or pull it all the way out and remove it. Probably going to do 1/2" increments.....

The good thing is they made the rear section very thin and weak, but they also left ALOT! of room between the sub and tail section...Which leaves me alot of room to make things stronger, without making it obvious from the outside...And alalso enough room, to have about 4" of round bar lenght adjustability....Another thing I like is there is a seperate unpainted piece of plastic that goes between the tail and the taillight, which is perfect for the round bars to come through...So you dont have to trim or cut your actual tail, just that cheap unpainted plastic piece...

Basically I hate bolting on big bulky and obvious stunt parts, tail savers and stunt steps arent my style....Everything I will be making for these bikes will remain as stock lookin and as light as possible...

Last edited by JohnnyP; 12-23-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:36 PM

solo stunter is a decent person

that is hella sick looking. i cant wait to get my hands on one of those. looks like i need to start selling myself hahahaha
Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

sick ride Johnny!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:56 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Im soooooo riding your bike while you're in Jamaica
Old 12-23-2008, 01:07 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by va stunta
man that promo deal is ridiculous...
congrats on the new bike Johnny!
nm...you put different rims on.
and the idea of an adjustable round bar is awesome.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by va stunta
nm...you put different rims on.
and the idea of an adjustable round bar is awesome.
Yeah I bought those rims before I found out about the promo, kinda funny cause I ended up getting the same rotors that comes with the promo wheels(BRAKING SK's) anyways. And I was planning on buying the Akrapovic exhaust system too...So it worked out perfect, I already have the rims/rotors and now I dont have to worry about buying an exhaust...It should be here in a few weeks, and all 3 of us chose the exhuasts....
Old 12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Johnny hows the power on the 09's? I stunted 07/08s and was really disappointed.. please tell me theres hope..
Old 12-23-2008, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
Johnny hows the power on the 09's? I stunted 07/08s and was really disappointed.. please tell me theres hope..
Havent been able to actually ride it yet with the snow here, but from the reviews and dyno charts Ive seen...Its got more low and midrange, and still screams up top...Supposed to be a much better motor, with 6-8hp more all through the power curve....And a very liner power curve at that....
Old 12-23-2008, 03:56 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Havent been able to actually ride it yet with the snow here, but from the reviews and dyno charts Ive seen...Its got more low and midrange, and still screams up top...Supposed to be a much better motor, with 6-8hp more all through the power curve....And a very liner power curve at that....
well that may help.. let me know when you actually ride it. they had good reviews on the other ones but it turned out crap stunting, just like the 07 rr's.

Yours looks sick though!@ How much you spent on it already?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 PM

well that may help.. let me know when you actually ride it. they had good reviews on the other ones but it turned out crap stunting, just like the 07 rr's.

Yours looks sick though!@ How much you spent on it already?
Actually all the reviews Ive seen for the 07/08 say the same thing as us stunters do, great bike but lacking in low-midrange power....Well see how well they fixed that in the spring....

I payed around $13,000 for the bike, and Ive already spent $6500 just for the rims, rotors, and calipers.....Thats gonna be close to $7500 in wheels and brakes once I get the Brembo billet front master and braided lines...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:52 PM
J Blox

Actually all the reviews Ive seen for the 07/08 say the same thing as us stunters do, great bike but lacking in low-midrange power....Well see how well they fixed that in the spring....

I payed around $13,000 for the bike, and Ive already spent $6500 just for the rims, rotors, and calipers.....Thats gonna be close to $7500 in wheels and brakes once I get the Brembo billet front master and braided lines...
I hope they fixed it cuz if not.. rockin 05/06 636s for the next 10 years everyone is gonna run out of parts lol.
OUCH!!!

Looks pimp as hell tho.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:54 PM
J Blox

doh...
Old 12-23-2008, 10:36 PM

I hope they fixed it cuz if not.. rockin 05/06 636s for the next 10 years everyone is gonna run out of parts lol.
OUCH!!!

Looks pimp as hell tho.
Thats the problem we have been spoiled with 636 power, and no 600 will ever be a 636. 600RR, GSXR 6, and R6 riders wouldnt know what its missing, because they have never had a taste of that 636 goodness...

I had some pretty funny arguments on our local forum, with people that insist the 36 extra cc's dont make a difference. And that any other 600 is just as powerfull as the 636's All from people that have never tried a 636 before
Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 PM
J Blox

Thats the problem we have been spoiled with 636 power, and no 600 will ever be a 636. 600RR, GSXR 6, and R6 riders wouldnt know what its missing, because they have never had a taste of that 636 goodness...

I had some pretty funny arguments on our local forum, with people that insist the 36 extra cc's dont make a difference. And that any other 600 is just as powerfull as the 636's All from people that have never tried a 636 before
Hah, Ya you maybe right. I dont mind riding other bikes but the 636 is where it is. I just wish they would bring the low end back. All these new bikes are so geared towards race our riding style is seriously being affected.

I think you are right about the 36 ccs, but if u think about it its like 5% of the total displacement so yea it does make a diff. I didnt realize how much more power the 636 really had until I got my streeter and started actually just riding it hard on both wheels
Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

god damn,your brakes cost more than my whole bike those monsters are sick though!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

smart man with the brembo setup for the brakes. i use the 18-20 front. i think the stock ones are super touchy.

i just picked the rest of my 09s today. gonna start tearin em down and setting em up tomorrow.

the tygersharks bolt up?! i never wanted to take the one off my 08 to try it.. ha. thats awesome.

-kane

Old 12-24-2008, 02:10 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaneone

damn you got 4 09s,sweet. are you taking applications for the new kieth,I'll work for a 09
Old 12-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
damn you got 4 09s,sweet. are you taking applications for the new kieth,I'll work for a 09
funny you say that... cept one that rides...

cause i actually am looking for a teammate...
more details soon.. but its gonna be a killer year...

-kane
Old 12-24-2008, 03:48 AM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
funny you say that... cept one that rides...

cause i actually am looking for a teammate...
more details soon.. but its gonna be a killer year...

-kane
pm sent with full resume

Quick Reply: My new 09 Monster