Old 07-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: KILLIN THE 05 Gixxer 1000

i'd hate to have that frame brake in half if you come down to hard
Old 07-22-2005, 07:14 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

That wasn't true they are just as strong as any other frame.....it was a race bike that hit the wall at 120 and the frame broke "go figure" so I don't think there is a prob......they just blew it out of proprtion on the WEB......read up on it u will see.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

I heard of another case.....either way it's a sweet bike, and i wouldnt what the front end braking off on ANY bike coming down....
Old 07-22-2005, 10:32 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

they wont brake coming down from a wheelie but my boy was slow rolling his lost it and by by frame he snapt that s**t right in half this is why thet are so weak the frame is a 3 peace frame the top part of it is cast were the neck is the middle of it is rolled aluminum and the back of it is cast again the part that in braking is the weld that meets the middle and the top part of it because welding cast to rolled aluminum is a difficult task to do. so thats one reason you dont buy a bran new bike you let the first years problems get solved and by the second year the bike is perfict
Old 07-22-2005, 01:54 PM

SICK02R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
they wont brake coming down from a wheelie but my boy was slow rolling his lost it and by by frame he snapt that s**t right in half this is why thet are so weak the frame is a 3 peace frame the top part of it is cast were the neck is the middle of it is rolled aluminum and the back of it is cast again the part that in braking is the weld that meets the middle and the top part of it because welding cast to rolled aluminum is a difficult task to do. so thats one reason you dont buy a bran new bike you let the first years problems get solved and by the second year the bike is perfict
That's me in the pic. Thanks for tossin it up here bro!
I'm all set with waiting one more year. If my frame snaps, guess what I have insurance and I'd be out on another one soon enough. But i hear ya about waiting. I bought my R6 in '02 because I knew they were fuel injecting them the next year and I was all set with getting a bike that had mapping problems, turns out it was aight in '03 but I didn't want to risk it.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:57 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

a stoppie and a stationary burnout ain't killin it...are you holdin out on more pics? post'em up
Old 07-23-2005, 01:13 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
a stoppie and a stationary burnout ain't killin it...are you holdin out on more pics? post'em up
+1, I was gonna say the same thing
Old 07-23-2005, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
Nah, I got NO skills compared to you guys. I wish I were holdin' out on better pics. I can only do certain things like one handed windscreen burnouts, donuts, highway stoppies/wheelies. I can't even do a standup yet, it's pathetic!
My budy Pigott was just trying to give me more credit than I deserve. I was kinda proud though because up until the day I got it 7/18, all I'd ridden was 600's. So to me, doing that kinda **** on the first day I'd ever ridden a 1000 seemed like I was killin' it.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:37 AM
WiL
Regular StuntLifer

WiL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
I heard of another case.....either way it's a sweet bike, and i wouldnt what the front end braking off on ANY bike coming down....
Jus dont how somone who doesnt even ride anything with a motor could have any input on braking a frame on a 05 gix..
Old 07-23-2005, 01:44 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SICK02R6
Nah, I got NO skills compared to you guys. I wish I were holdin' out on better pics. I can only do certain things like one handed windscreen burnouts, donuts, highway stoppies/wheelies. I can't even do a standup yet, it's pathetic!
My budy Pigott was just trying to give me more credit than I deserve. I was kinda proud though because up until the day I got it 7/18, all I'd ridden was 600's. So to me, doing that kinda **** on the first day I'd ever ridden a 1000 seemed like I was killin' it.
I wasn't trying to be a d1ck or anything. Keep practicing and post up more pics of progression
Old 07-23-2005, 05:02 AM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WiL
Jus dont how somone who doesnt even ride anything with a motor could have any input on braking a frame on a 05 gix..
lol, i'll bet he can stunt better than any of us real bikes too even though he's never ridden one, only because he reads how to do all the tricks on the internet when we're out doin em
Old 07-23-2005, 10:03 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
i'd hate to have that frame brake in half if you come down to hard
i think youd be happy enough to have a bike with a motor that a broken frame wouldnt be all that bad now would it

btw ya new avatar is SICK.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:04 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SICK02R6
put your gear on boy, that **** is not worth it, even if the picture comes out "cool" your gonna be posting up some pictures of your skinned up dome in a few weeks
Old 07-23-2005, 10:45 PM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to say something about the alledged frame issue for the 05 gixxer 1000...if you closely examine the pics floating around the web, you will note that the front section actually has a cradle that the middle section rests on...now i know it looks disturbing to see a frame snap so cleanly into two sections, but the middle part was apparantly welded strong enough to hold on to the cradle wich it rests on...examine the pics, while the weld between the upper joints looks to have been snapped cleanly and with little effort, the lower cradle actually broke off with that peice as well...so cleanly, so sharply it could have only been caused by a frontal imapct hard and sharp enough to continue the fracture down the appropriate angle....this all means that the frame took a SUPER hard hit supporting the theory that the failure was due to hitting the wall. We all know that when something breaks, it's going to start at the weakest point...applied here, we have jarring frontal impact causing a tearing fracture (the front wheel pushed towards the bike equals the top most part of the stearing head to tear away from the bike)....which in turn tore the weld apart...the weld had good enough penetration to continue the fracture through the cradle which had not inherent structural weak points...if you ask me, this demonstrates an adequate weld....we may have a weak point in the whole of the design, but i would say the whole of the design is adaquate when applied to it's intended purpose...

here are some links to pics of the fractures:

http://www.teammorseracing.com/galle...me=051505_PPIR
Old 07-23-2005, 11:01 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

that fuka must got mad $ to be tearin it up on brand new bikes ***** bad *** tho :YEAH
Old 07-23-2005, 11:41 PM
WiL
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by truestunna
lol, i'll bet he can stunt better than any of us real bikes too even though he's never ridden one, only because he reads how to do all the tricks on the internet when we're out doin em

Although reading helps i dont think he could just jump on and do 12s.. get real
Old 07-24-2005, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED
that fuka must got mad $ to be tearin it up on brand new bikes ***** bad *** tho :YEAH
I wish that were the case!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Originally Posted by WiL
Although reading helps i dont think he could just jump on and do 12s.. get real
did you think he was actually serious?
Old 07-24-2005, 02:36 PM
WiL
Regular StuntLifer

Note: I could give a shi7 less either way did u not know this mannn?

Quick Reply: KILLIN THE 05 Gixxer 1000