some pics from 120 :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: some pics from 120 :)

ya know what...i'm backin out of this conversation-it's going nowhere.....4 years ago teams could and DID charge 2 grand per DAY.

you people speak as if i do not know what i am talking about...that's fine....go find out for yourself.....i know i am, i can't find shows for 500 a day anymore------you know why????

CUZ ****IN TEAMS ARE DOING IT FOR 200 OR FREE----TEAMS THAT COULDN'T HOLD A MATCH TO ME OR MY TEAM-call me selfish for saying that, but god damn, it's true....and i think a lot of you people know it.....
Old 10-07-2005, 08:54 AM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
CUZ ****IN TEAMS ARE DOING IT FOR 200 OR FREE----TEAMS THAT COULDN'T HOLD A MATCH TO ME OR MY TEAM-call me selfish for saying that, but god damn, it's true!!!
And yet he say's he doesnt have an over inflated ego?????????
Old 10-07-2005, 09:47 AM

Zodiac is an unknown quantity at this point

ya know what...i'm backin out of this conversation-it's going nowhere.....4 years ago teams could and DID charge 2 grand per DAY.

you people speak as if i do not know what i am talking about...that's fine....go find out for yourself.....i know i am, i can't find shows for 500 a day anymore------you know why????

CUZ ****IN TEAMS ARE DOING IT FOR 200 OR FREE----TEAMS THAT COULDN'T HOLD A MATCH TO ME OR MY TEAM-call me selfish for saying that, but god damn, it's true....and i think a lot of you people know it.....

Don't get me wrong, I dig VMC, you guys have skills, and to date, you're the only stunt team I've seen get a write up in a newspaper...

However... If these $200 or free stunt teams can't hold a match to you or your team... And you're having trouble being able to find shows for $500 a day...

It sounds like they can hold a match, doesn't it?

It's called capitalism. You either change with the market... Or you struggle to survive... Instead of complaining about people doing free shows, you might want to try doing a couple $200 shows.

Honestly, if you have a choice between $200 and no shows, what are you going to pick?

I know what I'd pick, because when you go to the dealership for new parts for your bike, they don't like to accept pride... They do, however, like to accept any part of that $200 you're willing to give.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

"It sounds like they can hold a match, doesn't it?"

That ain't it at all it's just people don't care if they see a stagered position screw in the *** wheelie, or a no handed sit down circle wheelie, if you don't have a background in the sport it doesn't really matter how much balance it takes.

"People are easily amused" and this sport isn't popular enough to have the numbers it's got, you caused a false image in a sport where your only compition should be another attraction. i.e. VMC can cause a croud to chear louder 4 there wheelies than the mostertrucks that just did one proving people would rather see bikes than M.T. ralleys

It is hard enough to find an event with all the "PROFESIONALS" out today don't steal them from eachother or prices plunder
Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

would i rather do a show for 200 bucks?!?!? give me a break!

you blow one motor---ONE motor-----that will cost you 3 shows worth of pay---or how bout a broken leg-----how much does that cost??

and i work on my own bikes, so i could really care less what a dealership thinks of my pride.

vaz-YOU are my hero, now let the adults speak here.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

cliff notes please on all the long posts.....
Old 10-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

or how bout a broken leg-----how much does that cost

$1500.00 with insurance, $133,889.00 without if you break it to the extent i did.....

i see your point completely, yet ive asked about 10 people on here what should be charged for a show and no one can give me a solid answer. right now this sport is kinda like eing a contractor and bidding on a job. the only thing is, the shows we bid on are just us bidding on them so im not seeing what the problem is. trust me, if vmc and 346 came into bidding on the same show, we would gratiously step aside. we would tell the venue that honestly out of respect they would be better off going with you, a more experienced team. see, thats what im saying, but we havent run into that and prob. wont b/c like ive said 100 times...we are picking up the scraps that no one wants so there is no competition for the shows we do. so again, whats the problem, its not like we are in a bidding war against anyone....and like i have also said....i make good money, we all do so the money doesnt mean **** to us. our charge for shows has nothing to do with our skill level, just what people can afford. unless you guys on SL think if people cant afford a $2000.00 show they dont deserve to get a show, there shouldnt be a conflict.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:24 AM

would i rather do a show for 200 bucks?!?!? give me a break!

you blow one motor---ONE motor-----that will cost you 3 shows worth of pay---or how bout a broken leg-----how much does that cost??

and i work on my own bikes, so i could really care less what a dealership thinks of my pride.

vaz-YOU are my hero, now let the adults speak here.

I understand your point, don't think I don't. But my point is this... Supply and demand.

Like almost anything in life, with stunt shows you get what you pay for... Now do I feel 346 or any other stunt team is worth $2k? Not 346, honestly, I don't mean to bad mouth my friends, but even I wouldn't pay that to see them. But you get what you pay for...

And you're right, a blown motor can cost you a bundle. And it does, all the time... But at the same point, a $200 show isn't about making money to put plasmas on the walls of your home. It's about maybe, and I say maybe because if I was so inclined, I'd send you a copy of my credit card bill with the cost of just GETTING to some of these $200 shows, a $200 show is about getting reimbursed, a lot of times, you're not even getting reimbursed for your time. A $200 show is more about promoting the sport and the group, than it is trying to cover your own expenses.

But also, you've got to look at supply and demand. Four years ago how many stunt teams were out there? Now how many stunt teams are there?

As demand goes up supply goes up. And sometimes the supply is more than the demand.

I'm not saying you're doing something wrong by asking for $2k a show. By all means if you think you can get $4k a show, do it. I won't ever knock someone for something like that. But there might be a day where your bike will be parked, and you'll have to pay people to do shows for them. In all honesty, it probably won't happen, but like I said before, asking someone to pay you $2k for some entertainment they've never heard of and lived just fine with up until now might be a little high.

Now, do I think VMC or Miltown or any other local ground is worth $2k?

Yes.

Would I pay it?

Absolutely not.

I've lived before stunt teams, and I'll live after, and $2k heavier, I might add.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:47 AM

MWB BIGMIKE is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Zodiak, Your grammer skills are way to high for simple minds like my own
Old 10-08-2005, 11:00 AM

POPEYE is an unknown quantity at this point

I WOULDN'T PAY ANYONE $2000 TO DO WHOOOLIES. I WONDER WHAT THE FREESTYLE MX GUYS GET FOR THERE SHOWS?
Old 10-08-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MWB BIGMIKE
OK Zodiak, Your grammer skills are way to high for simple minds like my own

Yeah, I've got mad skills, yo.

And it's Zodiac. With a C. But thanks. :D :D :D
Old 10-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Regular StuntLifer

matdawg99 is an unknown quantity at this point

when i get back to wisconsin im gonna pay people to let me do shows!

looks like ryan is going to be eating top ramen when i get back
Old 10-12-2005, 10:30 PM

pfunkadelik is an unknown quantity at this point

VVVVVVVVVVVVV
Attached Images