Detroit Street Ryders Photo Gallery
www.detroitstreetryders.com
Detroit, MI

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:31 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person
Is it worth it?

So I hate my job. Actually... let me rephrase it. I love my job, but I HATE my boss. He is without a doubt, the biggest ********** I have ever met in my life. I missed one day of work, and he demanded a doctor's note. I told him no way, I don't have insurance, and I don't go to the doctor every time I get sick. He wrote me up. Another time, when my Gixxer broke down, he wouldn't let me catch a ride home with another guy who lives near me, because it meant leaving 2 hours early. He said "Call a cab, hitchhike, whatever. Just do your job." He's repeatedly said things like "I don't care if everybody here hates me. Your job is to produce and make me money."

So...after the initial startup struggles and getting my feet wet, I'm finally making some money. Almost. Let me get to the point. I want to quit. I have another job lined up. But if I don't stay at my current job, I won't get my commision for a few loans that are closing this week. It's $5K. Which might not be a ton to some folks, but it's a shitload for me. Whatever I sell in June, I don't get paid for, until the last day of July. Whatever I sell in July, I dont' get paid for until the last day in August. You get the point, right? And if I quit/get fired before then, I lose that money. My other job will pay just as much, but not the first month or two...

I can't even believe this is legal. It seems like such a trap to force employees to stay. They're doing the same thing to a girl in my office that's pregnant. She's due in August and wants to make July her last month. So anything she sells in July... she has to forfeit her commision.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is it worth it?

dude that suck get your commision dont work hard the next month and just leave with as much money as you can without working to hard
Old 05-30-2004, 09:12 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
So I hate my job. Actually... let me rephrase it. I love my job, but I HATE my boss. He is without a doubt, the biggest ********** I have ever met in my life. I missed one day of work, and he demanded a doctor's note. I told him no way, I don't have insurance, and I don't go to the doctor every time I get sick. He wrote me up. Another time, when my Gixxer broke down, he wouldn't let me catch a ride home with another guy who lives near me, because it meant leaving 2 hours early. He said "Call a cab, hitchhike, whatever. Just do your job." He's repeatedly said things like "I don't care if everybody here hates me. Your job is to produce and make me money."

So...after the initial startup struggles and getting my feet wet, I'm finally making some money. Almost. Let me get to the point. I want to quit. I have another job lined up. But if I don't stay at my current job, I won't get my commision for a few loans that are closing this week. It's $5K. Which might not be a ton to some folks, but it's a shitload for me. Whatever I sell in June, I don't get paid for, until the last day of July. Whatever I sell in July, I dont' get paid for until the last day in August. You get the point, right? And if I quit/get fired before then, I lose that money. My other job will pay just as much, but not the first month or two...

I can't even believe this is legal. It seems like such a trap to force employees to stay. They're doing the same thing to a girl in my office that's pregnant. She's due in August and wants to make July her last month. So anything she sells in July... she has to forfeit her commision.
What do you do? If you earned it he can't keep it from you
Old 05-30-2004, 10:17 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by TIM
What do you do? If you earned it he can't keep it from you
I work for a subprime mortgage lender.... selling loans basically. I'll let you guess who, but it's not Rock/Quicken...

Anyway, I agree with you... but it's in our handbook that says otherwise. I'm looking for my application paperwork to see if it's in there, but I don't remember it. Basically, it's like a car salesman selling a car on the first of June... and then leaving a few days later, and them keeping that commission because he didn't stay until payday. Except... commissions are delayed for a full month. Like you said... I sold it. How can they just keep it?

Small claims court?
Old 05-30-2004, 11:12 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

I work for a subprime mortgage lender.... selling loans basically. I'll let you guess who, but it's not Rock/Quicken...

Anyway, I agree with you... but it's in our handbook that says otherwise. I'm looking for my application paperwork to see if it's in there, but I don't remember it. Basically, it's like a car salesman selling a car on the first of June... and then leaving a few days later, and them keeping that commission because he didn't stay until payday. Except... commissions are delayed for a full month. Like you said... I sold it. How can they just keep it?

Small claims court?
so you are a loan officer? If your any good I will give you a job
Old 05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

Small claims court?
Why is it held so long. There is only a 3 day period till it is paid from the title company. He is keeping your guys money way to long. As long as it funds before 1 p.m wensday you get paid friday at my company. Otherwise it is the following week.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:42 AM

Coach_B is an unknown quantity at this point

build an evil robot you. send it to your old job everyday till you get paid and have the real you go to your new job. foolproof plan. when you get paid have the robot come home cut the grass, do some laundry and work on the bike
Old 05-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Coach_B
build an evil robot you. send it to your old job everyday till you get paid and have the real you go to your new job. foolproof plan. when you get paid have the robot come home cut the grass, do some laundry and work on the bike
You should change your name to "Dr. Evil"
Old 05-31-2004, 10:20 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

I say sell alot of whateaver now, and in July dont do an ounce of work, steal all the pens and pencils and office supplies and on the last day of work slash your boss's tires, break keys off in his keyholes, shove a bag of potatoes one at a time up his tailpipe, and expoxy his windsheild wipers down. and key his car and smash all his windows, PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Old 05-31-2004, 10:57 AM

bmacd can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Angel Of Death
I say sell alot of whateaver now, and in July dont do an ounce of work, steal all the pens and pencils and office supplies and on the last day of work slash your boss's tires, break keys off in his keyholes, shove a bag of potatoes one at a time up his tailpipe, and expoxy his windsheild wipers down. and key his car and smash all his windows, PROBLEM SOLVED!!
make sure i never work with you

-=bmacd=-
Old 05-31-2004, 11:00 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by bmacd
make sure i never work with you

-=bmacd=-
Just don't **** me off, NO ONE wants an angry Marine out to ge them. Chances are if your stuntlife then you're ok with me.

Keeping an eye on you regardless

jk. its all good
Old 06-01-2004, 08:21 AM

ynot is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it say anything about not being paid while on medical leave??? If not go on Medical on the last day of the month and since your still and employee they will have to pay you the next time around. When you pick up your check do what Angel of death said
Oh yea..... And to answer your question are they getting money for your sale?? If so then god damn right it's worth it.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:12 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

skitchR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds to me like you're getting screwed pretty hard core, if you're a loan officer than you should be getting paid as soon as it funds... but from the sounds of it they are working it more like insurance where you don't get paid until the policy is issued... either way, if you are any good at sales hit me up, I'll give you a job...