What kinda $ does it take to make it in ATL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
What kinda $ does it take to make it in ATL?

I may be taking a job in ATL soon that is somewhere in between 85-100k a year. I have a wife and kid and she will be staying at home. I'm liking the idea of living there but don't want to go backward. The cost of living here is cheap as hell and I just wonder what kinda lifestyle could I live somewhere near ATL. I would like to live outside a little.

I came last year and rode/hung out with Darrick & Chad a little in his town (don't remember the town right now). It seemed like the kinda area I'm lookin for plus and Awesome group of riders to ride with in the area.

Just for info 70k here is upper middle class at least.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:17 PM

Grip72 is a decent person
Re: What kinda $ does it take to make it in ATL?

jesus christ..i wish i made that kind of money..**** me
Old 12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Trust me man it's been a long road geting there with no college background or degree. I'm still a cheap bastard
Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

wut are u gonna be doing so i can head up to atl and steal that job from u ! lol

im pretty sure 80K will sit u good pretty much anywhere u live..
Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Sqeezin **** outta pig intestines for a chittlin factory.... they need more people so come on.

Na I'm in Construction Safety Management
Old 12-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Twite is an unknown quantity at this point

Cost of living here is quite in-expensive.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by iwreck
Cost of living here is quite in-expensive.
http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costo...tofliving.html
Cheaper than detroit.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Grip72 is a decent person

Originally Posted by THORPE
Sqeezin **** outta pig intestines for a chittlin factory.... they need more people so come on.

Na I'm in Construction Safety Management
hook me up with a job,. ol buddy ol pal
Old 12-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Hows the duluth area? Lawrenceville? any areas to stay away from
Old 12-26-2007, 08:24 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by THORPE
Hows the duluth area? Lawrenceville? any areas to stay away from
College Park I have been shot at down there back in the day so I hate that area
Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 PM

02gsxr is a decent person

you should be good I moved to McDonough (15 miles south of Atlanta) about a year ago from Florida, in FL I made about 60K and here I make about 75K and live the same, FL doesn't have state Tax and GA does but other than that food and fun is all about the same ... oh and they tax grocery items too, were in FL their is no tax on grocery, just for background info, I am married with a 3 yr old, have a 148,000 house wife is a stay at home Mom
*** the closer you live to Atlanta the more things will cost (houses, gas, entertainment etc..)
Duluth isn't to bad but it borders Lawrenceville
stay out of Lawrenceville, I lived their for about a month off Herrington Rd waiting to close on my house and nothing but Mexicans... you will here about some parts of Decatur, Dekalb County, Gwinnett County, (Lawrenceville) and Clayton County almost every night when you turn on the News and its usually someone shooting or stabbing someone else.. Canton, and Ackworth is pretty nice that's in Cherokee County and not really far from Duluth so you wont have a far commute hope this helps and as always it's just my 2 cents
Old 12-28-2007, 09:04 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I like the Marrieta & Kennesaw areas
Old 04-06-2008, 11:36 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you move?

gwinnett co. area then go north from there, how's it going by the way. long time no ride/see get back out here and clutch it up.
shoot me a pm when your heading this way.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by CHADf
Did you move?

gwinnett co. area then go north from there, how's it going by the way. long time no ride/see get back out here and clutch it up.
shoot me a pm when your heading this way.
Na man didn't work out for the right position. I'm still stuck in MS same job.

I may be out that way again in July. I don't have a running bike right this second but I'm sure I will by then, We all gotta get out an ride together.

Deff gotta be better to than when we rode in 20 degree weather last year
Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I wanna live in atlanta again I miss my birthplace
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by 02gsxr
you should be good I moved to McDonough (15 miles south of Atlanta) about a year ago from Florida, in FL I made about 60K and here I make about 75K and live the same, FL doesn't have state Tax and GA does but other than that food and fun is all about the same ... oh and they tax grocery items too, were in FL their is no tax on grocery, just for background info, I am married with a 3 yr old, have a 148,000 house wife is a stay at home Mom
*** the closer you live to Atlanta the more things will cost (houses, gas, entertainment etc..)
Duluth isn't to bad but it borders Lawrenceville
stay out of Lawrenceville, I lived their for about a month off Herrington Rd waiting to close on my house and nothing but Mexicans... you will here about some parts of Decatur, Dekalb County, Gwinnett County, (Lawrenceville) and Clayton County almost every night when you turn on the News and its usually someone shooting or stabbing someone else.. Canton, and Ackworth is pretty nice that's in Cherokee County and not really far from Duluth so you wont have a far commute hope this helps and as always it's just my 2 cents
meh, i dunno, i was never big on mcdonough myself...and saw plenty of ill stuff go down while living there...plus property taxes seemed like someone just made up numbers every year...according to henry county our house increased in value 50k in 4 years...yeah except when you try and sell it for that price, errr, not so much... (i didn't try it, i know better)...much happier up north, plus closer to downtown which i absolutely dig...just don't want to live downtown ...

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I like the Marrieta & Kennesaw areas
yup...
Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Nascency Chris
meh, i dunno, i was never big on mcdonough myself...and saw plenty of ill stuff go down while living there...plus property taxes seemed like someone just made up numbers every year...according to henry county our house increased in value 50k in 4 years...yeah except when you try and sell it for that price, errr, not so much... (i didn't try it, i know better)...much happier up north, plus closer to downtown which i absolutely dig...just don't want to live downtown ...

yup...
I lived downtown before and I had the worst **** happen on numerous occasions. There are alot of robberies downtown, to put it bluntly. I must have been jacked 10+ times but I was living in the ghetto. What a ******* nightmare that was
Old 04-08-2008, 07:44 AM

alevelcs is a decent person

atlatnta transport is the cheapest around........ if u dont mind riding a mower on the freeway
Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I lived downtown before and I had the worst **** happen on numerous occasions. There are alot of robberies downtown, to put it bluntly. I must have been jacked 10+ times but I was living in the ghetto. What a ******* nightmare that was
you clearly did not have good crazy eyes then... cause if you got the crazy eyes, no one will mess with you...

Originally Posted by alevelcs
atlatnta transport is the cheapest around........ if u dont mind riding a mower on the freeway
pppfffttt...its the hotness you know this..
Old 04-08-2008, 09:30 AM

chadnine is a decent person

and saw plenty of ill stuff go down while living there...

ohhhhh the good times. where did they go.......

Quick Reply: What kinda $ does it take to make it in ATL?