Disturbed Riders www.DisturbedRidersFT.com
Flint Town, MI

Sorry Wild Bill the NEW R1 is the NEW KING!

Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

cbr9two9guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry Wild Bill the NEW R1 is the NEW KING!

check it out baby!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr.../6/0/home.aspx

* All-new, light, powerful and packed with trickle-down MotoGP trickery, the YZF-R1 is the most advanced Open-class production motorcycle ever built.
* All-new inline four-cylinder engine is the most powerful, tractable R1 powerplant ever, thanks partially to the world’s first electronic variable-length intake funnel system.
* The YZF-R1 uses the YCC-T fly-by-wire throttle system for flawless response under all conditions.
* Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
* All-new aluminum Deltabox frame and swingarm take Open-class handling to the next performance level.
* New, six-piston radial-mount front brake calipers and 310mm discs generate the kind of braking power a bike like the new R1 requires.

and oh shiznit..

ut that's not even the big news. This new R1 brings a performance feature heretofore unseen on a production motorcycle. It's Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I), Yamaha-speak for variable-length intake trumpets. At lower revs, the intake snorkels are set at a height of 140mm for strong torque production. Once the motor is at higher rpm, the trumpets drop down to a height of 65mm for maximum power when screaming for vengeance (a reference for Judas Priest fans...).

The result, says Yamaha, is an increase of low, mid and top-end power over last year's high-strung motor. Its claimed 178 horsepower (without ram-air effect) is a boost of five ponies at its 12,500-rpm peak. <-- OH SHIZNIT!

Better sell that brick gsxr and get another R1.

Last edited by cbr9two9guy; 10-09-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person
Re: Sorry Wild Bill the NEW R1 is the NEW KING!

bwuahahahha, i wonder how well it will hold up..... i never had any electronic problems on my 06, but all that electronically controlled stuff on there is touchy..... but guess what..... i dont care, hahaha bwuahahah it rocks. i might have to sell the 05 to get one!!!

edit: what is hilarious, is that the motor is exactly the same as my 06'. same compression ratio, same valve setup, just 400cc larger.... more rev's!:YEAH aww, man... this is looking like i am gonna have to let go of the stunt bike, glad it is minty.... it will be easier to sell

oh and look how visible the guages are!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg

Last edited by SYTFU_R6; 10-09-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:59 PM

o3r1dynoed can only hope to improve

Ah yes-very nice indeed!:YEAH It's like having velocity stacks custom from the factory,gotta say I like it. Ive always thought the r1 are better lookin...I went to zuki cuz of reliability-mechanical issues I was having with the r1.but my gixxer just came home from getting some warrenty work done, so I guess no matter what I get I'm bound to have issues we'll probley have to wait till next spring to see who the real king is cuz I dont know anybodyW/ o7r1 do you? they can claim all the horsepower they want but like Ive said before when it passes me in a fair roll on I'll say its faster as long as it stays behind I figure my bike is faster
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

eh...

that good and all but ... eh ...
Old 10-09-2006, 06:16 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by o3r1dynoed
Ah yes-very nice indeed!:YEAH It's like having velocity stacks custom from the factory,gotta say I like it. Ive always thought the r1 are better lookin...I went to zuki cuz of reliability-mechanical issues I was having with the r1.but my gixxer just came home from getting some warrenty work done, so I guess no matter what I get I'm bound to have issues we'll probley have to wait till next spring to see who the real king is cuz I dont know anybodyW/ o7r1 do you? they can claim all the horsepower they want but like Ive said before when it passes me in a fair roll on I'll say its faster as long as it stays behind I figure my bike is faster

naw, that just means youre a better rider... depeding on conditions. face it, you came off of a yamaha:YEAH ... you have to be some kind of a rider!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:42 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

I dont like it. HONDA ALL THE WAY:YEAH :YEAH
Old 10-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

I dont buy new bikes... so I guess I'll be looking for one in 08 or 09... :YEAH