Why Harley riders don't wave

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:18 AM

cedz is an unknown quantity at this point
Why Harley riders don't wave

They're way too cool to acknowledge non-Harley riders.

They're too busy daydreaming about owning a sportbike.

Their engine is too weak to handle the added wind resistance of a waving hand.

Are you kidding? Risk their lives trying to control a Harley with only one hand?????

They're too busy humming "Born to be Wild" while fantasizing about being Peter Fonda.

They're too busy figuring out how to pay for the next order of genuine Harley accessories (including the "official" HD calculator needed to add up the cost of gas).

They can't see you because the vibration impairs their vision.

They think we are trying to draw their attention to the parts falling off their bikes, and they are sick and tired of it.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:53 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve
Re: Why Harley riders don't wave

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't wave at dirtbags anymore. They're all way too cool for me.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 AM

Mogwai will become famous soon enough

Funny, I don't have that problem in Michigan most of the time though.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:53 AM

It's sad...I used to wave just to be friendly, and I'd get the look. That bothered me since these were all weekend warriors in shorts and loafers cruising around on their overpriced rattle-cans. I noticed on Monday as I was riding home in a nice downpour that all of the loafer-ridden fools on their Hardly Ablesons that I normally see on my way home were absent. Gee...must have traded in the Hardly for a safer car that day.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:28 AM

Hippie459MN is an unknown quantity at this point

I ride a harley as well as a sport bike and I wave at everyone. Even the 60 year old guy on his 1983 Honda goldwing that he spent the last 10 years restoring. The way I see it, We are all out doing the same thing, just enjoying ourselfs. I will ride with anyone. Even the guy on his 1972 Yamaha 400 (I say that because I do ride with a guy from time to time that has one). All that matters is he is happy and having fun. Thats all it comes down to.

Oh yeah, My harley will more than hold its own against my 2 sport bikes. It wont beat my 900rr (due to mods) but will out run my 93 gixxer 750 but just barley. And I mean barley.

Just like any other bike, Controling a harley with one hand is not that hard. If you can do it on your bicycle you can do it on a harley.

Anyways, I love my harley and thats all that matters. And if I do ever see you out on the road I can gaurentee that I will wave to you no mater if I am on one of my sport bikes or my tricked out harley. So what if it cost 4 times as much to build but I like it. :YEAH

That kinda sounded a bit off topic without being off topic.

Last edited by Hippie459MN; 01-05-2005 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Bad day for spelling.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NorthShoreRyda is an unknown quantity at this point

That's funny ****

I wave to everyone and 99% of the time I get a wave back
Old 01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Mookz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NorthShoreRyda
That's funny ****

I wave to everyone and 99% of the time I get a wave back
Same here. When I don't get a wave back it's normally because they are not paying attention to the other lane (Looking at a parked cop, watching a moron damn near hit them, etc).
Old 01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

HAHAHAHAH...that was good
Old 01-05-2005, 07:55 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hippie459MN
Oh yeah, My harley will more than hold its own against my 2 sport bikes. It wont beat my 900rr (due to mods) but will out run my 93 gixxer 750 but just barley. And I mean barley.
I don't belive that. There no way a harley can keep up with crotch rockets.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:09 AM

Hmmm...that is a funny statement. I've yet to meet a Hardly that can cross an intersection faster than me...on foot
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM

1upBam is an unknown quantity at this point

waving just nullifies their wanna be bad boy image w/ their skull print face protecter and flamed out **** sled
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

hahaha
Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

I ride wit the hells angles sometimes and they love watchin whoolies:YEAH

Ive had a few try and race me. One guy actually kept up an a bourget.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:14 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

were u ridin ur 50?... becuz i have yet to see a harley keep up to my rocket lol
Old 12-19-2006, 09:33 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OverRatedRiderz
were u ridin ur 50?... becuz i have yet to see a harley keep up to my rocket lol

no. He was on a bourget chopper with like a 127.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 PM

TheHustler is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen only one Harley perform like a sportbike. This was on a straight stretch and for about 1/2 mile. It was a GSXR 1000, about a 05 model and a Screamin Eagle V-Rod. I hate to say it but the V-Rod was pulling the 1000 down the street. The owner of the 1000 was making up **** about missing gears and what not but I never heard it. They made about 4 passes and the Harley had him every time.

The way I look at it...If you are on two wheels and out doing your thing. It's all good. If they are on a 20,000 noise maker or not I'll wave. If they are hatin cause I am faster and the chick on the back of my bike has all her teeth...Then ****'em!!!!!!...Holla Biatches!!!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:26 AM

TheHustler is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess know one has anything else to say???
Old 12-31-2006, 05:06 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheHustler
Guess know one has anything else to say???
I have a harley and a gixxer, but I rarely ride the harley cuz compared to the gixxer,the harley is just plain boring. and I wave at everyone, almost always get a wave back.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lotensin22
Hmmm...that is a funny statement. I've yet to meet a Hardly that can cross an intersection faster than me...on foot
:

I don't mind them if they wave. Harleys sound like they're trying to pump out a dam or something but to each their own. A while back I was giving every bike rider the finger because no one was waving back at me

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:04 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Old Duffer
:

I don't mind them if they wave. Harleys sound like they're trying to pump out a dam or something but to each their own. A while back I was giving every bike rider the finger because no one was waving back at me
thats cause you were standing on the seat grabbing your package with one hand and waiving with the other

Quick Reply: Why Harley riders don't wave