Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM

94F2 is a decent person
Hello!

Hey everybody, thought I would stop in and say hello and give some info about myself.

I am 18 years old and live in New England. I own two bikes, a 2012 CBR250R and a 1994 CBR600F2. I ride my 250 as much as I can and take care of it as best I can. I just had to put it away for the winter in my basement because I'm at college now and didn't want to bring a brand new motorcycle down here, or pay the $440 fee to park both my car and my bike when I wouldn't even use the bike that much.

Here's my 250 on top on Mt. Washington on the last real day of riding I had this year...

Anyways, I've had the 600 for awhile. When I got it the bike was in pretty rough shape.

I was still in highschool at the time and this was my first bike, I hadn't even thought of buying a new 250 at that time but I eventually did and am glad I did. But anyways, I worked on it in metals shop and fixed it up and got it looking like this

I didn't have the clutch lever installed because I was replacing a bolt for it.

I still need to get some parts for it. I really would like to replace the rear tire, chain and sprocket, radiator hoses, clutch cable, barends, install frame sliders, replace the oil and filet, coolant, brake fluids and pads and repaint the tank again or vinyl wrap it.

All pretty basic stuff, but as I've thought about what to do with the bike I've thought about selling it, I've thought about keeping it and riding it, and I've thought about keeping it and stunting it. But now I think I've decided that I could install a cage and a few other protective pieces and stunt the bike AND ride it next summer on occasion.

Anyways, I've had some hard times locating a cage for the bike, does anybody have an F2 that can guide me in the right direction? Any tips for new stunters/riders? I've only been on the road since July 3rd when I bought my 250, racked up almost 3,000 miles this summer too. I have done a few wheelies on my 250 but didn't really want to push them because I have no sliders on it (should get some though), and it's brand new!

So any suggestions/tips would be great. I'm on a budget since I have to buy all my stuff myself and am in college now so money is a bit shorter than before haha

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:21 PM

akiraruns is a decent person
Re: Hello!

So you have 2 bikes or 3?
That 250 looks nice man but don't you feel the difference in power going down from 600??? Why not another 600?

aaaand BRO, a bike like that is a chick magnet! Riding around showing off in college would get you SO laid....... lol

Not much STUNTIN advice but I'd say *take bike to school* is a great advice.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM

94F2 is a decent person

Two bikes, the 250 I bought new and the 600 I fixed up so now it's got the fairings on it.

I have a girlfriend currently and I go to school in New England so the riding season is almost over...I'll definitely bring the 600 next spring/fall.

As for the power difference...I have taken the 600 up and down the street a few times, down a few back roads...nothing extreme since it's not road ready really...it has a lot of power in comparison but the 250 is still fun. I can still clutch it up if I wanted to and it lets me ride the bike harder, I can twist it open and not really worry about lifting the front up, it's much more forgiving than the 600 that's for sure.

I will probably end up riding the 600 in town around here, but the 250 is a lot of fun in the twisties because it's 100 pounds lighter and has plenty or power and torque to pull out of the corners with.

I bought the 250 to learn on, and to commute to and from work with. It's been great!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM

akiraruns is a decent person

Oh I see. Sorry to hear about that girfriend thing.. JK! hahaha

I guess riding out there is probably a big difference compared to out here in California.. lots of open roads to go crazy on plus we can ride all year round...

My sport bike is 600 and the cruiser is 1300 and I've never ridden a 250 except that I hear it's a big power loss and can't go on the freeways for lack of top speed... Speed limits must be different too.. I grew up in Japan so I can imagine how dumb it would be to try and cruise around on my 1300 BEAST on those tiny, overcrouded streets out there! Bottom line I guess it's best to get on the bike you can have the most fun with wherever you ride!

Well we're both beginner stunters so I look forward to learning together. =]
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM

94F2 is a decent person

I dunno, I generally do 80-85 down the highway in my car. I am not a big guy (140 pounds?).

The CBR250 has enough power to get up to 85 pretty easily, it just doesn't have much more.

Most the roads are twisty and 45-55MPH around where I live which is perfect for the 250.

I will ride the 600 once I get it all set up though, I'm sure of that.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Welcome to Stuntlife...