Uber N00b, here to drive you crazy with ridiculous ideas and PITA questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:37 AM

KAOS_Inc is a decent person
Uber N00b, here to drive you crazy with ridiculous ideas and PITA questions

yo, so I dont own my own bike yet, but thats exactly why I'm here

see, I have a few "out side of the box" (read crazy and annoying) ideas that I'm pretty fixated on and I dont really know enough to find a good starting place.

I have a fair amount of experience with Cars (body work, engine swaps, suspension, ect) and I work on friends bikes for them, but the only bike I ever owned was a yamaha enduro400 (streetable DT400).

so on to my crazy ideas...

here's what I want:

a 500-750 cc engine that will take boost cheaply, on a light weight/narrow chassis that will be easy to make into a clean super-naked/street fighter, and that has a lot of parts compatibility with other bikes, be it off the shelf oem stuff or aftermarket parts.

I'd prefer to run a super charger rather than a turbo because I'm inexperienced and I dont like the idea of turbo lag on two wheels.

I'd also like to run fatties on the front and back (like 170 front and 200+ rear?)

I'm also planning for a race rail or a race cage, depending on how available parts look for whatever frame I wind up with.

other mods might include angled tail section, nearly full tire hugger with tag on it, giant rear sprocket, mildly lengthened rear arm, 12 O'clock bar (maybe even with wheels?), ect

for an idea of the look I have in my head, imagine the wheels/tires/fenders (albeit not THAT big) from the jafm#1:

on a more traditional streetfighter, Like this one:

Primarily, I plan to use it for drag, wheelies/noseys, and low speed parking lot tricks. I'm not trying to grind pegs or approach the sound barrier, I prefer the sanctity of 4 wheels for those situations. but most of all, I just want to build it for the sake of making something that I personally think looks cool and that will make people look twice and then wonder WTF it is.

I'm also on a tight budget, so for initial cost for the bike itself I only want to spend like 500-1000, but I'm cool with a wrecked police auction bike, or and older bike, it can be nothing more than a frame with wheels and an engine for all I care, as long as it's straight.

so what I'd like now is some input on what base bike I should be looking for.

you may all now commence telling me I'm a ____________ (noob, jack ***, lunatic, idiot, dickwad, loser, ect) now.

thank you for tuning in
Old 09-06-2009, 12:47 AM
O.T.L.

ANTI-SOCIAL is a decent person
Re: Uber N00b, here to drive you crazy with ridiculous ideas and PITA questions

Hey .....noob, jack ***, lunatic, idiot, dickwad, loser .
WTF is a nosey ?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:48 AM

600flipper is a decent person

thats new
"wheelies/noseys"
Old 09-06-2009, 12:48 AM

600flipper is a decent person

Originally Posted by ANTI-SOCIAL
WTF is a nosey ?
you beat me
Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANTI-SOCIAL
WTF is a nosey ?
ask never 2 old...lol
Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 AM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

LOL! snappers just dont know that stoppies were called nosie's a long time ago....this guy must fart dust like me and thats what we called them back in the 80's.
Hey at least he's tryen somthing other than wheelchair wheelies!
Old 09-06-2009, 03:16 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

I got wheel chair sitdown circles on lock
Old 09-06-2009, 03:33 AM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beardo
I got wheel chair sitdown circles on lock
Dude...i actualy own a wheelchair so quit
Old 09-06-2009, 03:42 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

good to have after your lot sessions....LOL
Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM

actually, I'm 26.

my pop was into cafe bikes back in the day though and I used to be engaged to a girl who's whole family are outlaws.

so... theres a lot of old-schooler floating around in my skull
Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

yOU SHOULD BE ASKING gEORGE bARRIS THESE QUestions. I don't think anybody is gonna take you seriously here.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by chipottley
yOU SHOULD BE ASKING gEORGE bARRIS THESE QUestions. I don't think anybody is gonna take you seriously here.

because my opening post clearly details my concern for you taking me seriously...
Old 09-07-2009, 01:44 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by KAOS_Inc
I'm also on a tight budget, so for initial cost for the bike itself I only want to spend like 500-1000, but I'm cool with a wrecked police auction bike, or and older bike, it can be nothing more than a frame with wheels and an engine for all I care, as long as it's straight.
you're making 0 sense here. you wanna set up a bike for stunting with **** that you have no need for at all and then after dippin a whole shitload of money into unnecessary parts you want to try some nosies/wheelies. first off - nothing about stunt parts and the parts you mentioned are cheap and second and most important, you will destroy your pretty bike learning how to do nosies/wheelies get a beater f4/f4i - 2k max or buy an f2/f3 for 1000-1500 and learn on that and then make your show bike to destroy down the road
Old 09-07-2009, 12:18 PM

ok, I guess I didnt explain properly.

I plan to get a beater, hence saying an engine and frame with wheels is fine for me to start off.

I plan to do all those mods over time, on a budget. I just dont want to buy any old fram or engine and then find out none of the things I'd like to do in the future are doable on it within reason.

thats what I'm asking about, what sort of beater I should start out with given the mods I'd like to do to it for the sake of it looking crazy at quaker steak.

I really hate it when I see a bloody parking lot full of team green ninjas and "biker boyz" chromed out busas'

I'd like to do something different...

but your right, for now I just need a beater rat bike to start with. I just dont want to have to sell the beater to get another beater that will work for my plans, lets just start with the right bike and go from there, ya know?

first mod will be a fighter headlight and bar mirrors since I'm looking for a wrecked bike with no plastics. from there, bigger forks/brakes, uprated swing arm from other bigger bikes ect would be my next move. or maybe sliders/race rail first, but you get the idea.

later mods would be super charger and fatty tires, ya follow the idea here?

how mush hp would you expect from a supercharged 600?

[edit] btw, I like light narrow bikes, so I'd prefer to stay away from kawis

Last edited by KAOS_Inc; 09-07-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Never Good Enuff

Originally Posted by KAOS_Inc
because my opening post clearly details my concern for you taking me seriously...
Well **** you then! I was actually tryin to help your *** out instead of just makin fun of your dumb ***.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:54 AM

really? then I must have mistaken the george barris comment.....
Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Never Good Enuff

Yes, you must have.