Noob here...which cage? sprockets? HB?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:59 PM

03zx6rnewb is an unknown quantity at this point
Noob here...which cage? sprockets? HB?

whats goin on people, i wanna start stuntin but have no idea what cage, or what sprocket combo to go with. do i need a 12 bar right away? should i go ahead and get a rear HB too? if so which one? i hear FI produces some nice cages, and so does 905. what about powers? i own a 03 zx6r 636. i'm def gonna be droppin and fallin a lot.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:16 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
Re: Noob here...which cage? sprockets? HB?

okay. take or leave my advice cuz i'm also a newbie and what i say is usually garbage anyway cuz it just gives me an excuse to look like i'm typing some important documents at work......
1)what i did is basically a monkee see monkee doo kinda thing. people will rant and rave about certain cages and they are probably pretty good. but if all the pros are using freestyle ingenuity i figured if its good for them its gotta be good for me. so i bought f.i. i'm not saying buy f.i. buy whatever you like, no matter what you buy its going to do its job and protect your bike and no cage is bulletproof.
2)i would say learn to get it really smooth and really slow and learn the no handers and whatnot first, then worry about the sprockets, the throttle will be alot less twitchy and you'll make some pretty good progress with a stock setup. and then when the time comes to gear up, you'll know. i went with a sprocket setup that is pretty outrageous -2 +18 and i kinda can get from point a to point b if i mob the slow lane at like 60-70 and thats what i was shootin for. as you spend some time on here you will learn so so much about the stunt game its unreal. and you'll know what to do.
stick with stock for now and a cage and then later on when you think you are ready for the bar tricks get the bar, and when you are ready to go really really slow grab some sprockets yada yada. handbrake comes waaaay later in the game. i'm nowhere near ready for a handbrake. i just look at my bike and it wants to crash. aint no way i'm doing flamingo circles anytime soon.