OMR SUBCAGE [subframe cages]

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: OMR SUBCAGE [subframe cages]

Originally Posted by scott3824
Yeah I just found this.

http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repa...ques057_1.html

These are both for cars though. Same concept for bikes I guess? I got a compressor already so I'd have to find the leakdown tester. Do you know if the ones for cars and bikes would be the same?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Yeah I just found this.

http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repa...ques057_1.html

These are both for cars though. Same concept for bikes I guess? I got a compressor already so I'd have to find the leakdown tester. Do you know if the ones for cars and bikes would be the same?
same process yes
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeM
THE GAY FLIGHT ATTENDANT

My flight was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who
seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and
drinks. As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the
aisle and told us that 'Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that
he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if
you could just put your trays up, that would be super.'

On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed
Arab woman wearing a black scarf who hadn't moved a muscle.
'Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines but I
asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can pitty-pat
us on the ground.'

She calmly turned her head and said, 'In my country, I am called a
Princess and I take orders from no one.'

To which (I swear) the flight attendant replied, with out missing a
beat, 'Well,
sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I out rank you.
Tray-up, Bitch.'
Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

+1
I've seen 600rr and f3 motors crack, but not f4i's like that
Was it a wreck or something or just a random act of god?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nags
How the **** did you crack the motor?

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

I just realized I was not far behind post count with the Mikes back in october, now I am somehow 20k posts behind .... wow ....
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

How the **** did you crack the motor?
Iono. I guess from dropping it so much I noticed that the cage was cracked the other day so I took it off to get welded. Then when putting it back on I saw that the motor was cracked.

+1
I've seen 600rr and f3 motors crack, but not f4i's like that
Ive managed to break things that were supposed to be indestructable. F4i subframe - destroyed that bitch. SI cage - cracked in 2 spots
F4i motor
Old 07-02-2008, 02:07 PM

My brother cracked his f3 motor like that, because he is a moron and ran an unbolted homemade cage .... I dunno how you do that to an f4i ....
Old 07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I just spoke to Chris and he said that fluids shouldnt be coming out from the motor mount area where its cracked. But he did say if I keep tossing the bike like I have been that the welded spot will crack again. I thought that if it was welded properly, that welds are supposed to be as strong as stock. Never thought I'd learn this much **** in a years time :YEAH **** it. I'ma go get this bitch welded up and start looking for a parts bike in case it breaks again. Oh and Mike - Chris started his new job today :YEAH
Aluminum is heat treated after its forged or cast into its shape. The heat treating makes it up to 10x as strong. When you weld it, you undo that heat treatment, and you cant retreat it unless you have a big *** oven and know the procedure. Thats why welded frames always crack again, right next to the weld.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
NealFoReal

Nope no wreck. Just lot riding and the occassional 12 pancake. While I was learning the back brake I would pancake the bike from 12 a lot. Havent really done that in a while though so it might have been cracked like that already and Ive been riding with it like that or I did have 1 nasty drop last week which might have done it.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Iono. I guess from dropping it so much I noticed that the cage was cracked the other day so I took it off to get welded. Then when putting it back on I saw that the motor was cracked.

Ive managed to break things that were supposed to be indestructable. F4i subframe - destroyed that bitch. SI cage - cracked in 2 spots
F4i motor
How did you do that to an SI cage?????????

I watched borne pancake his f4i ripping fast wide circles, the bike bounced about a foot up off the ground after the initial hit and it barely bent the cage
Old 07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
NealFoReal

same process yes
Now Im assuming I shouldnt get it welded before running this test even though I was told that fluid doesnt run through that area? Or should i just get it welded anyway coz worst case I could just sell the motor
Old 07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Scott always with the useful information. What if the motors pulled from the bike already. I would have to put it back in to run that test then
Thats not the issue. You want to test pressure of the cooling system, not in teh cylinder.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:11 PM

Now Im assuming I shouldnt get it welded before running this test even though I was told that fluid doesnt run through that area? Or should i just get it welded anyway coz worst case I could just sell the motor
good luck selling it, i wouldnt buy a re-welded motor .... i mean might as well weld it and ride it until it's done
NealFoReal

I watched borne pancake his f4i ripping fast wide circles, the bike bounced about a foot up off the ground after the initial hit and it barely bent the cage
IMO the SI cage did its job. It took over 100 big drops to finally give. It cracked pretty much in the same spot on both sides.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	th_img201.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	211285  
bp chaser

Originally Posted by Trachito
u and mike did it? did u tape the wires that u have to connect together? its very helpful.
believe it or not, i know where they all go
Old 07-02-2008, 02:13 PM

i was gonna ask the same thing
Old 07-02-2008, 02:13 PM

Thats not the issue. You want to test pressure of the cooling system, not in teh cylinder.
ah i should have paid better attention, he just asked pressure testing .....
Old 07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
NealFoReal

Aluminum is heat treated after its forged or cast into its shape. The heat treating makes it up to 10x as strong. When you weld it, you undo that heat treatment, and you cant retreat it unless you have a big *** oven and know the procedure. Thats why welded frames always crack again, right next to the weld.
Word. I know you explained that to me the other day I always thought different but I dont know much so that would explain why.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
NealFoReal

Chris said that no fluid runs through that area. Would you still test it or **** it, just weld it and ride. Prior to taking the motor out the bike ran fine, so if there was a leak somewhere I wouldve noticed it riding like **** or overheating or something, right

Quick Reply: OMR SUBCAGE [subframe cages]