fuel injected f3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
check out F.T.P. beaumont

saleensdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
fuel injected f3?

i have a 96 f3 i have spent a lot of money on trying to make it work for stunting, you know where it will run on the bar and all that good ****. anyway the son of a bioth just locked up on me and im tired of fixing this piece so here is my ? or actually what i want to do because i cant just go out and buy another bike because i already have have 2 pieces. a 02 yzf and 96 f3 that i spend sooo much money on i cant just junk them cause of all the money i have in them. anyway im getting off track i can fabricate pretty good and i want to put a f4i motor and ect. in my f3 but before i spend the money on the f4i motor and wiring i just wanted some tech advise. has anyone done this before? is it doable? should i do it or what do you think and please serios advise only. thanks and keep on rocking
Old 10-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fuel injected f3?

Thats a big project bub. If you are handy in the shop it's very doable since you have a steel frame to work with. If people can cram a 900rr engine in it then an F4i engine should fit. do it. and take lots of pics of your progress.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:24 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry but i don't understand this. Just part out the f3 and get a salvaged f4i. If your good at fabbing fab a bar and cage for the f4i and your set. I don't see how you could have spent so much money on an f3 and yet be willing to scrap the entire engine for an f4i engine. Between the two bikes you could easily part them out and get an f4i.... what mods have you done to the frame of your f3 that make it so great you can't get rid of it?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:29 PM

2five0 is an unknown quantity at this point

if i read this right you said you locked yo engine up
Old 10-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Taking the engine apart and rebuilding it will cost a hell of a lot less than throwin a new one in there. Plus you can part out both bikes and buy another one for about the same! It's all up to you. Good luck either way
Old 10-13-2004, 05:55 PM

F4i's have alot of advantages over the old f3 frame. Save yourself the headache and just get a different bike.... or like the other guy said rebuild the f3 engine.... but if you want fi get a different bike.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by JonnyGSXR
I'm sorry but i don't understand this. Just part out the f3 and get a salvaged f4i. If your good at fabbing fab a bar and cage for the f4i and your set. I don't see how you could have spent so much money on an f3 and yet be willing to scrap the entire engine for an f4i engine. Between the two bikes you could easily part them out and get an f4i.... what mods have you done to the frame of your f3 that make it so great you can't get rid of it?
the engine from the f3 is shot, i cant part **** out on the motor x cept maybee the stock header and the carbs i just spent 550.00 on last week supossedly getting them to where i could run on the bar or endo for long periods of time which didnt work. **** man the damn case covers arent even any good i just spent 300.00 on a clutch job yea yea i know i got ripped off. oh not to mention i had a custom oil pick up tube made for this bike, new clip ons ect.ect.ect. i spent all last week building from scratch a new removeable sub frame w/a new bar and a indestuctable cage also new rear sets im telling you i cant get **** for this bike whole or parted out. i didnt say i cant get rid of it because its so great, but its the money thing, hell i have put in 6 motors in the yzf since last year actually 5 im going to new orleans this week end to pick up the 6th one. and another reason to keep the f3 and the yzf is they have steel frames i can repair or just make **** for them a lot easier than if i had a bike w/ a aluminum frame
Old 10-13-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by stuntnstyle
if i read this right you said you locked yo engine up
u right dog its blown the **** up
Old 10-13-2004, 07:54 PM

F4i's have alot of advantages over the old f3 frame. Save yourself the headache and just get a different bike.... or like the other guy said rebuild the f3 engine.... but if you want fi get a different bike.
what kind of advantages does this f4i frame have over the f3 frame? i dont think the frame matters that damn much, cause if i can rock circles on my yzf 600r almost heavy as a busa piece of **** bike i dont see where the frame matters that much. the ? is will the damn motor run up side down or on its side or hold up to the abuse we put are bikes through . this aint no mickey mouse stuntn we do down here the advantages is a motor that will work out good and having skillz
Old 10-13-2004, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
Taking the engine apart and rebuilding it will cost a hell of a lot less than throwin a new one in there. Plus you can part out both bikes and buy another one for about the same! It's all up to you. Good luck either way
im not talking about a brand new one . im talking about something off of ebay or som10 like dat but hey i appreciate all of you stunters out there w/ your good and bad advise
Old 10-13-2004, 07:59 PM

oh also on the f3 no title and the yzf's frame has been welded on so many times its sick also needs forks dude these two bikes are and have been stunted to the max
Old 10-14-2004, 01:35 AM

CBR up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a F3 that I've rocked forever...damn good bike, but you will NEVER get it to run on the bar. I'm not going to dog your idea, because I've thought about doing it. In the end I bought a wrecked F4i and fully rebuilt it with a 954 front end for less that $3K. Here is why it it would be a BITCH to do. Size is not the issue (a 900rr motor will fit just fine), it the swing arm setup. The F4i swingarm bolt goes through the motor and the frame and needs both. You would have to modify the F3 frame by machining inserts the same size as the F4i swingarm bolt, cut out the F3 frame and weld them in...assuming the F3 frame is the right width in that area. You would spend more money trying to make it work that you would lose by buying a used F3 motor and selling the F3, then buying a F4i.

On a side note....It sounds like you need more oil if you keep blowing motors like you do. Especially when rocking on the bar you need .5 to 1 quart extra. The F3 already holds about 4 quarts and I put a little over .5 quarts extra. When it is on the bar I never see the oil light.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by saleensdaddy
the engine from the f3 is shot, i cant part **** out on the motor x cept maybee the stock header and the carbs i just spent 550.00 on last week supossedly getting them to where i could run on the bar or endo for long periods of time which didnt work. **** man the damn case covers arent even any good i just spent 300.00 on a clutch job yea yea i know i got ripped off. oh not to mention i had a custom oil pick up tube made for this bike, new clip ons ect.ect.ect. i spent all last week building from scratch a new removeable sub frame w/a new bar and a indestuctable cage also new rear sets im telling you i cant get **** for this bike whole or parted out. i didnt say i cant get rid of it because its so great, but its the money thing, hell i have put in 6 motors in the yzf since last year actually 5 im going to new orleans this week end to pick up the 6th one. and another reason to keep the f3 and the yzf is they have steel frames i can repair or just make **** for them a lot easier than if i had a bike w/ a aluminum frame
So your good at fabbing stuff and have put 6 motors in a yzf and yet you paid someone 550 to work on your carbs and 300 to work on your clutch? If you can't do stuff yourself what makes you think you can mod an f4i engine into an f3? Take your loss and get a fuel injected bike before you waste anymore money on this thing. Also the advantages of the lighter frame of the f4i is that it will be easier to bring up not to mention the more power from the engine. Also the f4i has bolt on subframe (which apparently your f3 does now to but still) it also has better suspension and brakes. Newer technology man.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:03 AM

crazeinc is an unknown quantity at this point

I just made $650 selling misc. f3 parts on ebay (race plastics, headlight, fairing stay) ....part it out and buy something else. I'm about to do that if nobody wants to buy it. I'm tired of it.