what size sproket u run?? -??/+??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:38 AM

KBs900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: what size sproket u run?? -??/+??

+10 on a 900rr. top speed of about 140. little tough at that speed, set up street fighter
Old 05-27-2004, 10:53 AM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emrock
u think so and why u say especially on a 600
yes!!! the only purpose for gearing much higher than 2d 5u can only be intended for no handed circles and crossover circles (aka super slow **** when u cant afford to work the clutch)etc....it takes all the work and skill out of the balance point wheelies too

600's are geared low to begin with, i rode a 600 with 2d 3u and it felt like kyles RR with that pizza pan, whatever a 600's geared normally feels like double that on a liter bike to have the same ratio

and with big *** gearing like that, u can weed out the people who really 'ride the streets'
Old 05-27-2004, 11:10 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Originally Posted by Rick929 PBR
yes!!! the only purpose for gearing much higher than 2d 5u can only be intended for no handed circles and crossover circles (aka super slow **** when u cant afford to work the clutch)etc....it takes all the work and skill out of the balance point wheelies too

600's are geared low to begin with, i rode a 600 with 2d 3u and it felt like kyles RR with that pizza pan, whatever a 600's geared normally feels like double that on a liter bike to have the same ratio

and with big *** gearing like that, u can weed out the people who really 'ride the streets'
ok i see ur point on using it for no hand circles trying them stock geared blew. but just out of curiousty who says that anything over -2+5 is over kill is it just u or is it a written law i think that is just ur prefriance but im -2+10 and i hit the streets almost every day .

and when u bitches coming to jersey
Old 05-27-2004, 12:01 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally Posted by Emrock
ok i see ur point on using it for no hand circles trying them stock geared blew. but just out of curiousty who says that anything over -2+5 is over kill is it just u or is it a written law i think that is just ur prefriance but im -2+10 and i hit the streets almost every day .

and when u bitches coming to jersey
jerzeys to far away isnt it still snowing there anyways , we'll be in PA on the 12th and 13th tho

i thinks its my preference, if u can do it with 2d 5u why go higher?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:04 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

jerzeys to far away isnt it still snowing there anyways , we'll be in PA on the 12th and 13th tho

i thinks its my preference, if u can do it with 2d 5u why go higher?
snowing lolol aight well then we will see u on the 12th and 13th
Old 05-27-2004, 09:10 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

anything much bigger than 2d 5u and its overkill, u might as well consider getting a handbrake too, especially on a 600!!!!!!
STFU and go ride your bike.... why does anyone care what other people have on their beater?? RIDE **YOUR** bike, let them ride thiers, and i'll ride mine.

-1 +13 **600** kiss my ***! Chits
Old 05-28-2004, 12:21 AM

rOMeo is an unknown quantity at this point

-2+20 on an f2,-2+6 on an 02 GIX 750,-2+6 on an 954
Old 05-28-2004, 01:26 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

i got +10 in the rear no won my gsrx 1000.

i has -2 in the front too but that fukin thing has sooo much h.p. i couldnt keep it smooth...so i pulled that -2 off and its way better in my oppinion.

anybody think the gixxer 1k is way too much to stunt ?

i wish i had a 600 or 750 , f4i, or somethin else.....i have almost no throttle play before the dam thing hits the bar ! just way too much in my oppinion.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:45 AM

Amateurboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have -2 +10 on my 750 and I hardly think it took all the work and skill out of BP wheelies. If that was the case I should be riding 10 mile wheelies and rockin slow **** for days. But, I'm not even close.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:48 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Im rockin a 16-41 it's the ****!!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol...
Old 05-28-2004, 12:01 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
STFU and go ride your bike.... why does anyone care what other people have on their beater?? RIDE **YOUR** bike, let them ride thiers, and i'll ride mine.

-1 +13 **600** kiss my ***! Chits
gearing like that u might as well be stunting a 4wheeler!!!!!

and i know u dont hit the highway with that manhole cover!!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:13 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by MANUBI33

i has -2 in the front too but that fukin thing has sooo much h.p. i couldnt keep it smooth...so i pulled that -2 off and its way better in my oppinion.

i wish i had a 600 or 750 , f4i, or somethin else.....i have almost no throttle play before the dam thing hits the bar ! just way too much in my oppinion.
DEFINATELY NOT too much for stunting. Just work hard on getting smooth with the idle. Then 1000's are much easier than 6/7's, at least for most of the people i know.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:07 PM

gearing like that u might as well be stunting a 4wheeler!!!!!

and i know u dont hit the highway with that manhole cover!!!!
HAHAHAHA, I rock my bike EVERYDAY, highway, suburbs, lots.. everything anytime everywhere! 600 doing spreaders 3rd gear @ 65 switching lanes and letting traffic pass me... -1 +13. When I had -1 +3 I had to hit 3rd gear stand up and then jump to spreader.. that gets old after like 10 times.

Stop making statement like "I know this and I know that blah blah blah" when you dont. Also, with this gearing its not to much different.. gears dont make it 10X easier.. **** I can rock stock if I want and DO. Read my other post bout rocking a G7 bone stock. Not only that, but I still do 4th gear stand ups highway, geared or not geared that my highway method. If your technique sucks then gears are only gonna let you loop it easier, when you got skills and control you can rock anything anytime anywhere. In my opinion Liter bikes are cheating! You got all that power.. FAK dat I got prolly LESS than 100HP and still rock harder then EVERY SINGLE liter bike in my neck of the woods!
Old 05-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point

I just have big gears for engine breaking purposes. Could i still slow down my seat standers from 30 mph to almost a dead stop with -2 +5? maybe...guess ill have to try it on someone elses bike.

Only reason i have -2 +17 on 954 is for engine breaking...slowen **** down with no hand break in my opinion is sick. Also Rick...your bike come back down easy when you scrape a seat stander and ride away with those gears?
Old 05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by MANUBI33

The 1000 isn't too much but it's a hell of alot more twitchy on the throttle. Ask anyone that has rode my bike, Binder, JackassRR, IBWSJerry, etc. It will bite you in the *** quicker than you know what hit ya. I was easier to learn the basics because of the power but now I wish I had a F4i.

Anyone wanna buy a nice stunt setup 02 GSXR1000? I'm ready to find a F4i for real.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:21 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
HAHAHAHA, I rock my bike EVERYDAY, highway, suburbs, lots.. everything anytime everywhere! 600 doing spreaders 3rd gear @ 65 switching lanes and letting traffic pass me... -1 +13. When I had -1 +3 I had to hit 3rd gear stand up and then jump to spreader.. that gets old after like 10 times.

Stop making statement like "I know this and I know that blah blah blah" when you dont. Also, with this gearing its not to much different.. gears dont make it 10X easier.. **** I can rock stock if I want and DO. Read my other post bout rocking a G7 bone stock. Not only that, but I still do 4th gear stand ups highway, geared or not geared that my highway method. If your technique sucks then gears are only gonna let you loop it easier, when you got skills and control you can rock anything anytime anywhere. In my opinion Liter bikes are cheating! You got all that power.. FAK dat I got prolly LESS than 100HP and still rock harder then EVERY SINGLE liter bike in my neck of the woods!
we just need to ride together once to see whats really going on, or just ride everyones bike in the lot but our own.....preferably some 600's so i can fall asleep wheelying it

and on a carbeurated 600 u can practically chop down a forest and the bike will stay steady

and BTBent i havent done one since last year when they were hot and then i just climbed back down to the brake......next time i ride (hopefully sometime this week) i'll let you know
Old 05-28-2004, 06:33 PM

Fall asleep in a wheelie? wtf would you fall asleep in a wheelie for? I mean, if you get tired just stop riding man. Seriously, you could get hurt falling asleep when stunting tired.

You make good points, however, I think you may not understand what I am saying. I ride to have fun.. not to be some hardass that is better then everyone else cause im 100% gangstah'. I had some foo tell me once (actually he didnt tell me he waived his finger at me while I was doing a stand up on the freeway) pointing @ my rear brake gesturing that it was cheating. I moved my foot and rode with just throttle. Take it as you want but my bike is setup the way its setup for a reason, and that reason ISNT cause I dont have skill.

RIDE
Old 05-28-2004, 07:08 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

-2 , +5 (03 636),I think different people are comfortable with different setups. It's not about what is easier or more impressive or any of that b.s., it is what is most comfortable. Right now this setup for me is allowing me to do the most stuff, but I am the kinda person that gets real comfortable with one setup and it is hard for me to change. The only thing I haven't been able to do with this gearing is no-hand circles but some of you guys might be able to jump on my **** and rock it out.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:50 PM

12inmygsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

-2+15 on a gsxr 750 anything over 60 and my motor is screaming if you want to still be able to ride on the street don't go more than a few up in the rear i was two down and four up and it was still decent for street riding

Quick Reply: what size sproket u run?? -??/+??