Old 02-18-2004, 11:04 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Hardest Trick !!!!!!

Some things aren't worth dying for.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:12 PM

cmoney_RS is an unknown quantity at this point

whoever pulls it, lemme see the vid. don't get me wrong, the switchback wheelie has got to be one of the most difficult maneuvers in the sport, but nothing is impossible. look at the mx'ers. backflips and 360's were the things you'd pull in video games. my advice to anyone trying to pull this trick: mount some renthal, or any mx bars. grabbing for clip on's in a switchback has got to be one of the most awkward feelings, so the renthal's should reduce the awkwardness. keep elevating. they'll be done in time.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:13 AM

sungwei is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I can understand someone getting seriously injured or possibly killed if the appropriate gear is not worn especially a helmet (still can't understand why anyone rides without one). When I hear about a really bad accident and bad injuries or death I always ask "Was he/she wearing a helmet?" If the answer is no then I'm not entirely surprised by the consequences. Still feel bad, death is tragic no matter what the circumstances. But if the answer is yes then I know the accident must have been immensely brutal. Helmets do a lot in an accident. That said I gotta ask: Was the person wearing a helmet/gear when attempting this trick?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:17 AM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by sungwei
Well I can understand someone getting seriously injured or possibly killed if the appropriate gear is not worn especially a helmet (still can't understand why anyone rides without one). When I hear about a really bad accident and bad injuries or death I always ask "Was he/she wearing a helmet?" If the answer is no then I'm not entirely surprised by the consequences. Still feel bad, death is tragic no matter what the circumstances. But if the answer is yes then I know the accident must have been immensely brutal. Helmets do a lot in an accident. That said I gotta ask: Was the person wearing a helmet/gear when attempting this trick?
Carl was wearing gloves, leather jacket, helmet and jeans..Here is Carl the day it happened.. R.I.P. Only he DID have a helmet on when it happened..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ViewImage.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	65212  

Last edited by ~Carms~; 02-19-2004 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:22 AM

negativecontact is an unknown quantity at this point

come on carm tell us how it went down
Old 02-19-2004, 10:26 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

i ate **** doing it on my quad. face plant w/ no helmet on. Damn im dumb. I couldn't imagine it on a sport bike.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sungwei

It's called momentum and whiplash. Have a buddy of your drive you 20mph and jump off the back of the bike facing the opposite way....see what happens to your head.

Carl was probably only going 20-25mph when it happend. I have seen alot worse crashes and people walk away with just road rash. it was basically just a freak accident that shocked over 250 spectators that were watching that day. This happened before events and competitions even started in the US. There was blood comming out of his eyes, nose, ears, etc....never seen so much blood in my life .
Old 02-19-2004, 01:42 PM

punisherzx12r is an unknown quantity at this point

thats sad, thoughts go out to yall that knew him, freak **** can happen anytime
Old 02-19-2004, 02:06 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry you guys had to have all that brought back up
Old 02-19-2004, 06:30 PM

pussycat can only hope to improve

yeah i apologize for having it all brought up again, but look at it this way, hes alive in all of OUR memories aswell now. If i ever do it, and get it on lock down ill dedicate the vid to him. If thats all right with you guys.

mad respect and condolences once again.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:56 PM

Mikey Doo is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this picture of a guy doing a backward wheelie.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StuntsBackwardWheelie.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	65578  
Old 02-22-2004, 03:30 AM

FiNNiSH StuNNa is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres a few people in Finland doing that ****. It looks hard/dangerous as hell i wouldnt even dream of trying it. Props to anyone who can do them.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:20 AM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verticaljay
I believe that is how MI extremes Carl lost his life

Not something I wanna try
i was there when it happened. not a pretty sight. a lot of us would like to forget about that day. he was gone instantly. haven't seen anyone do it since then.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:05 PM

pussycat can only hope to improve

i meant on a full sport bike not a dirt bike.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:08 PM

sizzling is an unknown quantity at this point

I think also a finn called pasi "hepe" heikkilä from stuntmania.net can tear that **** up. I found pic but the quality ain't that good- had to shoot the pic from a mag but well he can do it
Old 02-23-2004, 02:53 AM

IPC900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

but his back hit the pavement first, then his head whiped backwards and slaped the pavement, it looked like something that you would just get up afterwards and laugh at yourself, but it was not the case,
I did that exact thing once, Flipped my Quad in playin in the street about 10am saturday morning, I was only doing about 15 maybe, I was out for about 2 mins then got up and rode it home, walked in and told my brother I was hurt and needed some ice water, then he came down and said you gotta go to hospital cuz you have blood comin out of your ears, so we got in the car and about halfway through the ride I puked and passed out, I woke up 2 more times within about 2 hours of the wreck "so my brother told me, I dont remember" and all I did was puke and pass out again, lemme tell yah, that feeling of nausiousness from a head injury SUX, the first comprehendable memory i had was about 26 hours after I wiped it when the STL Rams were kickin off at noon on sunday. and lemme tell yah, I am very lucky, and If i had had a helmet on I would have walked away. The HEADACHE i had for 2 weeks afterwards was a migrane x 10 and i couldnt even watch TV for a week cuz it was too bright for my eyes and made the headache worse, I had to put tinfoil up in my windows in my room, all i did was sleep , literally 20 hours a day for about 5 days. moral of story WEAR YOUR LID
Old 03-26-2004, 07:01 AM

Mi Xtremes Joy is an unknown quantity at this point

carl had tried the trick two other times, they are both on the mixtremes video,
Old 03-26-2004, 09:26 AM

Larry L.O.X. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by negativecontact
come on carm tell us how it went down
DUDE, HAVE SOME FREAKIN COMPASSION ........Carms has said that she doesn't want to go into detail, AND THAT IS THAT. She witnessed him trying the trick and it ended in the worst possible way. I am sure that she does not want those images replayed in her mind. I swear man, you have no ****ing sense of compassion for someone
Old 03-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Rocket is an unknown quantity at this point

The hardest trick I'm trying this year doesn't sound that hard, so my friends say, but its definately a pain in my *** to get down. This year I'm actually using a European Suzuki GSF400N Bandit to do some ****. I just never see anyone that even has one of those bikes, let alone stunt on one. There ****ing perfect for rolling stunts not doing wheelies. They're just hard as **** to yank up right and kepp up. Anyways. The trick I'm trying to get down is a side saddle wheelie with my left foot on the rear break and my left hand running the gas. I can ride like that just fine or with no hands and the bike kepps going at 65mph nicely with the idle up and the choke on so hopefully one day I can do that with no hands. But kepping the front wheel up riding on the right side of the bike using all lefty for controls is definately not some easy ****. The main problem is when I clutch it up, I have to switch my left hand over to the right once the wheel is up. I'm tring to practice shifting my weight way back to the back and powering it up by blipping it. It'll pull the front wheel up sitting down with that method so the physics prove that it is possible.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

I think sometimes attempts are made before any logic is thought out. This is such an unnatural trick and very dangerous. Not that I am hating, but nothing is worth dying for.

Condolences to Carl, his friends and family.

Sincerest Regards

Scoop

Quick Reply: The Hardest Trick !!!!!!