View Poll Results: Have you run from the police on your bike?
yes
71.45%
no; got pulled over
10.28%
no; haven't needed to decide yet.
18.26%
Voters: 564. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever run from the police?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 02:44 AM

Ballistic_21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Have you ever run from the police?

:YEAH yup I was racing around town with another kid and just about got outta town and turned around and this Illinios state trooper was haulin *** to catch us and pull us over. I ran turned around looked at the trooper flipped him off the ran the stop sign going outta town on a 2 lane highway passed s semi truck on the shoulder, the around a couple curves lost him pushed my bike in the woods.The other kid pulled over. waited for the cop. He got a lecture I ended getting caught when I got home he was waiting 4 me in my driveway, spent the night in jail got 4 tickets that night.
1.Wreckless driving and fleeing and eluding the police
2.Illegal passing
3.impropper stopping (not stoppin at the stop sign)
4.last but not lest 120 in a 55. (he didnt even clock me he said he was pacing me)
I lost my liscence for 9 months the court dropped all the tickets but the wreckless driving .

long story short the kid got off with no tickets bcuz he told them who i was and where I lived at other wise he was going to get all the ticket he was going to give to me. so dont ride with any one who might not run if you do

To top it all off he had a ZX9 and I had an old FZR600 hell he could of gotta way easier than me!!!!!!! :YEAH
Old 03-30-2004, 08:40 AM

stanger92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ballistic_21
if runnin from the cops is what you do and cops cant persue you if your goin over 75 then why did you stop for the cop last week when you was doing 130?????? or is this another stoppie storie you told me??????? I dont know buddie!!!
uh oh somebody just got called out

owned maybe?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Regular StuntLifer

jamesjweg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stanger92
uh oh somebody just got called out

owned maybe?
This should be good.

James.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:06 AM

GosuPaintballer is an unknown quantity at this point

yup I was racing around town with another kid and just about got outta town and turned around and this Illinios state trooper was haulin *** to catch us and pull us over. I ran turned around looked at the trooper flipped him off the ran the stop sign going outta town on a 2 lane highway passed s semi truck on the shoulder, the around a couple curves lost him pushed my bike in the woods.The other kid pulled over. waited for the cop. He got a lecture I ended getting caught when I got home he was waiting 4 me in my driveway, spent the night in jail got 4 tickets that night.
Dude, if i were you, i would beat that kid's *** ! Turning in your friend because he got away and you couldn't or didn't wanna take the chance so you wouldn't get into trouble. That's not a friend, that's an ******* !
Old 03-31-2004, 02:19 PM

pimpinem3 is an unknown quantity at this point

if a cop gets right on your ace or close enough to see your tag how do you not get caught at your house or a ticket mailed to you
Old 03-31-2004, 02:41 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Then as soon as you get home say you just woke up and discovered your bike was stolen.

Don't leave your bike at home though... take it to a neighbor's house before the cops get there.

Then go park it at your local wal mart... and wait for the cops to call you and say they found it.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by pimpinem3
if a cop gets right on your ace or close enough to see your tag how do you not get caught at your house or a ticket mailed to you
that's why you either don't have a tag at all or you have one on there that isn't registered to you :YEAH
Old 04-03-2004, 11:14 AM

stuntwanabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4rider
I haven't needed to yet, and I haven't decided if I would or not. Just wondering what everyone else is doing. (be honest)

The other night I was riding with some guys and one of the guys got pulled over without me knowing it cause I was going 90mph average. The guy that got pulled over was a newbe. Well even though I didn't run from the cops, I still got charged with a felony cause this guy told the cops who I was. This has ruined my life. It's not worth it
Old 04-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by stuntwanabe
The other night I was riding with some guys and one of the guys got pulled over without me knowing it cause I was going 90mph average. The guy that got pulled over was a newbe. Well even though I didn't run from the cops, I still got charged with a felony cause this guy told the cops who I was. This has ruined my life. It's not worth it
sorry to hear that man..............narks suck and that guy should get his ****ing *** kicked.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:39 AM

dingo is an unknown quantity at this point

can thay charge you with fleeing and eluding if you honestly, truthfully had no idea that a cop is chasing you, trying to get you to pull over if you're on the interstate running about 160 all tucked in and not able to see behind you?

i've always wondered about that.

anyway... IL has a no pursuit law about bikes, they're supposed to halt pursuit if it ever exceeds 100 mph.... easy solution.... ride about 130
Old 04-05-2004, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by dingo
anyway... IL has a no pursuit law about bikes, they're supposed to halt pursuit if it ever exceeds 100 mph.... easy solution.... ride about 130
ummm must be a local thing or a brand new law because i'm from IL and i've been chased there a few times...........even by the state police. of course I'm from southern illinois and that's lots of country. which makes it easier to lose them anyway
Old 04-05-2004, 08:03 AM

1fast750 is an unknown quantity at this point

i've run quite a few times. its a real rush. even waited at stop signs for them to catch up and then take off. cant afford to stop when you got no licence, insurance or regastration.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:07 PM

GosuPaintballer is an unknown quantity at this point

can thay charge you with fleeing and eluding if you honestly, truthfully had no idea that a cop is chasing you, trying to get you to pull over if you're on the interstate running about 160 all tucked in and not able to see behind you?
No, it's not eluding unless the cop is actually right behind you with blue lights and siren and you know it.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:35 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Unless I was on a straight road and the cop was going the opposite direction I don't think I would run. I don't pull a lot of stupid **** like wheelies or do more than 20mph over the speed limit often so I really have nothing to worry about. If I ever get stopped on the highway for 10-15 over I'll just say I was concentrating on the road ahead of me, not looking at the speedo.

I don't have enough skill right now to elude the police. I went on one group ride with a sportbike club here and they were doing 135 in a 35-55 so I'm not going to ride with them again. I can't afford a ticket.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:13 PM

rce2win is an unknown quantity at this point

Ran once, and only b/c i had to. Had JUST put on a new chain and gear set, toothed down, and wanted to see how it performed. I had been out earlier but decided to go out on the famous "one last ride" for the night. Doin' about 90 in a 55 coming over a small hill to see the silhouette of the MSP bubble heading my way. As i was going past him he was IN the a yard turning around to come after me. Lucky for me the next section of road was a long sweeping 90 degree left. By the time i had thought to myself, "do i stop?", i had already clicked down twice and and was on the throttle. Around the corner, a quick turn down a nice paved winding road and the bubble did a quick disappearing act. Only reason i ran was b/c i didn't have my insurance or registration on me, no mirrors on the bike at the time, and i was speeding. It was either go to jail or run. I've stopped for a couple little things. I fight all tickets and it's worth it. Come to find out it was a cop i knew from around town. Nothing personal though........
Old 04-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

I Rufuse To Awnser That Question On The Basis That It Might Incriminate Me.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:30 AM

FrankG is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoever said NYPD can't pursue has no idea what they are talking about. It's up to the supervisor working whether or not to continue the chase. Also if they are chasing you, you're not getting tickets, you're getting arrested. In NY there is no eluding/fleeing law. If caught you get charged with felony Reckless Endangerment and Reckless Driving which means forfeiture of your vehicle to the City. If the supervisor doesn't "call off" the pursuit they will chase you til you crash, which is quite possible with all the crowded streets and bad drivers. My friend lost a brand new R1 even though the charges were dropped down to misdemeanors. County cops and Troopers on Long Island will also chase. Trooper in a marked Firebird pulled in right behind me at 135mph with ease.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:41 AM

UDon'tKnoMe is an unknown quantity at this point

yup, its more fun when it's a group of us though.

if we all split up, then we'll hook up later and laugh about that ****
Old 04-18-2004, 02:07 AM

FrankG is an unknown quantity at this point

The best is to ride with someone who's a cop. He stops and doesn't get **** and everyone else gets away.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:03 AM

NOschwag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ricky
can't stop ! probation,revoked license. go right back 2 jail.(i don't like jail)! if u got a license and ur not doing nothing stupid pull over! but if your fukking around keep going! the cops in chi are dicks! i was runnin one time and they try smacking wit the car. dicks
My friend is the same way. He was riding home the other day on the highway and passed a cop going pretty fast, didn't think anything of it because he was facing the other way. Little did my friend know that there was a chaser cop right around the corner.

As soon as he sees the cop pull out behind him, there is no hesitation and he makes his streetfighterd out r6 go as fast as it will.

He has it pinned in 5th gear and the adrenaline is going. This is late afternoon and there are cars littering the highway, but the bike fits in between them all. He's taking corners like they do on the speed-channel. He can't believe how quick he's able to carve thru the turns.

He's had the bike wide open now for at least 60 seconds so he figures he was safe to look behind to see if the cop is there. All of a sudden his helmet blows up and completely covers his view. (strap wasn't tight enough) it was literally 5 seconds that he couldn't see ANYTHING.

Thank god there was just enough space under the helmet to see the lines on the road.

**Moral of the story** If you know you're gonna go back to prison if you get caught driving, and you are going to run automatically if the man tries to stop you, have your helmet strapped on tight!!! (and don't look behind you to see if the cop is still behind you)

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the police?