tired of Cops and Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:22 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Re: tired of Cops and Tickets?

Originally posted by verticaljay
I see a lot of posts on here about gettin busted for stuntin and gettin screwed by the police

Do you wanna know how to avoid a ton of BS with the police?

Heres a few tips that has left our group with 1 ticket in 2 yrs........ and we ride everyday!

1. Stay off main roads.......... find a practice spot out of the way with no traffic i.e. dead end roads or industrial parks (Dont practice when businesses are open!)

2. STOP riding when any 4 wheeled vehicle comes by.... wheeling by cars will only cause drivers to get pissed off and make that one call on the cell that you dont want

3. STOCK PIPES! aftermarket pipes are LOUD and will draw attention, even 1 person with a loud aftermarket will ruin it... whether it be the old lady calling to complain about noise or some cop driving by hearing the bikes and wanting to check it out. Stock pipes can barely be heard from 500 ft away

4. DONT pull **** on the way to the spot..... dont draw attention to yourself... this will ruin your spot and lead others to where your riding

5. keep your spot secret..... bring one person there and next thing you know there will be 100 peeps there and then your spot is ruined......

6. If your spot is wrecked or drawing a lot of attention dont keep riding there, find a temporary new spot, chances are if the po po keep checkin on it peeps will leave it alone after a few months and so will the police then you can go back.

7. If you have a bunch of spots that have a lot of traffic, spend a short amount of time there and then move on to the other... the longer you hang there the more chances you have of getting busted

8. Burnouts = if the police are doing a random check of a spot and see these marks they are guaranteed to come back more frequently to see who is leaving these marks..... It also lets all others riders know your there..... burnouts are a calling card for trouble.

Just lettin all you know what has worked for us for the past 2 yrs

hope it helps

just my .02 's
This should be in the stuntlife handbook!!!

Follow these rules!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 09:30 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Commone sense, but good advice. Wish everyone had some common sense
Old 09-25-2003, 09:45 PM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what I have been screamin hear for a while and your right nobody listens.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:17 PM

jaxon23 is an unknown quantity at this point
biggest problem we have is people who can't wheelie want to drag race...either stunt or drag race...not both
Old 09-25-2003, 10:34 PM

eric_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Police act alot cooler when you use some common sense like going to a deserted area to try stuff, not to say your safe from a ticket but the seem to be alot more forgiving about it
Old 09-26-2003, 01:07 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
burnouts? what burnouts?
Old 09-26-2003, 01:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

savgixxergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks

I just wish they would let us stay in places where no cars or people are like we have a whole island and it used to be a race track and they run us off but there is no one there to hurt but our self

I still hate cops
Old 09-26-2003, 07:53 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
I know up here the respect us a lot more knowing that we are not doing this on the street and usually cut us a break

hell we have even had one come out and radar us for slow wheelie before
Old 09-26-2003, 08:06 AM

DetroitStyle is a decent person
The spot here is hit or miss with the cops. Sometimes they roll up and just watch and chat with us. Most of the time that's the case.

But I guess lately there has been on hardass who is threatening to impound bikes, etc

They only thing they say is wear helmets and no drag racing. They also want us to report any illegal dumping.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:45 PM

Wild_Bill is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats some good advise right there
Old 09-29-2003, 09:39 PM

yambike is an unknown quantity at this point
Well said Verticaljay. I agree with everything you said. Putting the stock can back on my bike has changed my life. I have a spot that I don't tell ANYONE about. It's right next to an apartment complex and the view is blocked by a row of pine trees but I've stayed there for an hour at a time and no one knows I'm there. Stock cans rule!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:10 AM

dRiV LyKuStoLit is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 09-30-2003, 01:52 AM

Todd84 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey we've been having problems with the cops lately, there's usually about 10-25 of us that ride at any one time and we usualy can't all get out till about 10:00. most of us have the stock pipes like some have posted, and we've tried the industrial areas and even roads 10-15 miles out of town and we still have no luck, the cops in town tell us to get out of town the the sherifs and state troopers tell us to go back into town. but with still no avail we can't seem to find a spot? any ideas? just keep in mind i live in a college town that houses the university of iowa. ever heard of it? hehe
Old 10-02-2003, 02:34 PM

Poo-tee-weet is an unknown quantity at this point
A guy in my town just died about 5min away from me actually. Stunting in a parking lot and he ran into the broad side of a bank.

I wasnt there or anything but i know they just put speed bumbs in there recently because of this.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:08 AM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
There should be a stunt riding rule book on here somehwere.

Got a couple of good spots to play at here. Look for something surrounded by walls or far away from the street, traffic. Parking lots etc. lots of good riding at night.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:33 AM

Pepe is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Industrial Parks, Back roads. If 10- 15 miles out isn't enough try 20. Why not?
One thing that was left out is keep the area clean!! Clean up after yourself. Especially if you crash,Right Teddy!! If you don't leave any evidence that you were there, no one will be the wiser.
If you absolutely can't find a place to stay at, stick and move. It sucks but at least you can get about 15-20 minutes in before you have to bolt.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:31 AM

wangsta6 is a decent person
i got a weird idea that this was a giant plot to eliminate the *the cops against stunnas* thread and that popos were gonna be mad gonna in here i know that didnt make any sense
Old 11-29-2003, 08:19 PM

ryde_19 is an unknown quantity at this point
the only problem with stock exhaust is it sucks nuts,, my f4 prolly wont even clutch wheelie in 1st with stock exhaust, and now i got a full sys. 2 bros on and yea i got a nice spot but the noise is what the ppl bitch about when i go to my spot.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:39 PM

freddyspens is an unknown quantity at this point

i ride in at least 1 spot snedo was talking about and its the best spot ive come across- hell, even the locals come to hang out and watch. they r there waiting before we even get there. they drink beers and take pics and video. its definately a killer spot. theres donuts and burnout marks all over the place but its so far out in the middle of nowhere i guess no one really cares-OH, and we ALWAYS stop when a car comes through(and wave all nice and friendly too!!!!)
Old 02-18-2004, 03:51 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by ryde_19
the only problem with stock exhaust is it sucks nuts,, my f4 prolly wont even clutch wheelie in 1st with stock exhaust, and now i got a full sys. 2 bros on and yea i got a nice spot but the noise is what the ppl bitch about when i go to my spot.

If you cant clutch up an f4 with stock exhaust its not the bike.....its you

practice my friend practice

Quick Reply: tired of Cops and Tickets?