Bs.... The Ama Hates Us All.... Please Read...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 03:37 PM

WheelZnorth_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
Bs.... The Ama Hates Us All.... Please Read...

PLEASE READ THE DECEMBER ISSUE OF THE AMA MAGAZINE " AMERICAN MOTORCYCLIST" IN THE EDITORIAL SECTION, THERE ARE MANY REPLIES TO A NEGATIVE ARTICLE THE AMA WROTE ABOUT SHAWN CRIPPLE FROM RECKLESS OP. THEY PRETTY MUCH SEE US AS THE WICKED STEPCHILD OF MOTORCYCLING. I HAVE POSTED THE ARTICLE AT MY SITE IF YOU'D LIKE TO READ IT.

JUST VISIT WHEELZNORTH.COM AND LOOK IN THE NEWS SECTION.

SCREW THE AMA....

--TRIXXXTER--

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST..... THE REBUTTAL POST I WROTE IN ON MY SITE....

I WANT EVERYONE TO SOUND OFF ON THIS B.S. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

TRIXXXTER750@WHEELZNORTH.COM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the temporary traffic light changes from yellow to red, the minivan ahead of me comes to a stop. I roll up behind on my bike and stop too, as does a line of traffic behind me.

Workers have been replacing some of the pavement on a narrow bridge, but they’ve gone home for the day, leaving one lane blocked. So a pair of stoplights lets traffic through, first in one direction, then the other.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the driver of the van shield her face with her arms, bracing for an impact.
I glance ahead and notice two other motorcyclists are first in line coming the other way. Both are riding sportbikes and wearing shorts and T-shirts. One has a baseball cap on backward.

Their light turns green, and Ball Cap decides to pull a wheelie, which is instantly matched by his buddy. “WhaaaAAAAA” roar the four-into-none pipes as they gain speed past the construction equipment.

They clear the work area and are almost next to me when Ball Cap, whose bike is now nearly vertical, starts losing it. The bike veers toward the line of traffic I’m in, and all I could see is the underside of it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the driver of the van shield her face with her arms, bracing for an impact. As Ball Cap nears the front of the van, he chops the throttle. The front wheel slams down and the bike veers within 2 feet of the van before somehow, through sheer luck, it leans right and misses us both. The second bike continues by on its rear wheel.

I look in my mirror to see the two riders exchanging high-fives. Then I glance forward to see the wide-eyed van driver staring in her rear view mirror as well. But instead of looking at the departing idiots, she’s staring at me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We are not putting anyone else’s life in danger, we’re just doing our thing,” Mr. X, a real rocket scientist from northern Ohio, told the Akron Beacon Journal newspaper recently. His comment followed a session in which X took a reporter out to show him part of the stunt show he performs on major freeways in downtown Akron.

As the news team followed, X pulled a wheelie while changing lanes on the busy freeway, then dropped the front wheel, let go of the handlebars and spun himself around 180 degrees on the seat. He then laid on his chest with his chin above the tail section of the bike, and stuck his arms and legs straight out.

The photographer snapped a photo of X facing backwards while cars filled with terrified drivers surrounded him. It even made the front page.

While X has been doing his thing and, of course, not putting anyone else’s lives in danger, some of his buddies have been a bit unlucky. Earlier this year, one of his friends was killed when he clipped the back of a truck as he weaved in and out of freeway traffic at 100 mph. The bike catapulted over the median wall and struck a car traveling in the other direction. But the driver wasn’t hurt, so hey, no harm, no foul, right?

Another buddy told the newspaper he’s totaled three bikes in a year. The last crash left the 25-year-old in the hospital with serious injuries as well as permanent short-term memory loss. In what may have been one of his more lucid moments, he said he even considered giving up stunt riding…at least until X took him for another ride.

Hooked all over again, the buddy bought a new bike and christened it with a wheelie in front of a state trooper.

The police told the newspaper they were virtually powerless to do anything about X and his many buddies.

“When a motorcyclist is doing 100 mph, you don’t want to put more lives in jeopardy by pursuing them,” said one cop.

So what’s X’s motivation? That’s simple: money. He hopes—like other “extreme” riders—to sell hats, T-shirts and bumper stickers on his own website, and maybe hit the big time with his own video.

Yeah, that’s the ticket!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s the problem: When newspapers like the Akron Beacon-Journal do stories that focus on X and his ilk, they don’t just call these guys insane idiots. They also talk about how fast and dangerous motorcycles are.

The chain of events that follows is as predictable as it is inevitable. The insurance companies won’t miss the chance to raise all our rates. Their mouthpiece, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, will be pulling strings in Congress to roll out a ban on sportbikes, just like the group did in the late ’80s. Anti-motorcycling city councils across the country will try to ban bikes from their streets, just as they have from Massachusetts to Missouri and from Illinois to California.

And the general public? Just like that woman in the van, they’ll be loathing the rest of us—the ordinary motorcyclists who are being sold out by these clowns.

So how will Mr. X and his friends react when you and I become victims of their stupidity?

I’m sure they won’t give a damn.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:35 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
how about pullin a wheelie up....switchin lanes....and then dropping it @ 100mph

sounds like someone needs to attend the 'PureBred School of Hard Blox'

other than that, they cant 'ban' sportbikes....who ever heard of such a thing

peoples still do wheelies over 70mph ???????

anyways...........

Rick929
Old 11-14-2002, 06:44 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Id like to say thats the truth, but its a two edged sword!.......

how many of the top teams do you know of actually ride like that on the streets anymore??

We have earned the respect of the local police and dragstrips etc.... simply because we act professional and they know we trailer our bikes to places to play

on the other hand, it started in the streets and will always be in the streets.....without street credibility, you wont be able to get fans in the stands kinda good vs. evil

some people like it on the street, but hate competitions.... some people enjoy competitions, but hate it on the streets.... if you can give the competitions enough street credibility that you attract both types of fans then you are on to something.... thats why some people still hate the XSBA, because of the 2001 corporate bs.... after 2002 everyone seems to agree its the way to go.... not just XSBA, but every once in a while it dont hurt to go compete in a nationally sanctioned event.....for ex. can you even imagine what kind of value Thew is to a sponsor right now?? XSBA national champion means his pic will be in all media put out by the XSBA... not to mention the places where he has competed.... "Daytona. the world center of motorsports" period...

now you combine a national series with regional events like stuntfests, stripfests and dels.... you are a commodity..... **** you dont even have to win all the time..... it just all boils down to where you wanna go and how many people you perform in front of. big sponsorships are coming, some riders are going to be in place to accept them, some arent

If you wanna be a street rider go ahead
If you want to be just contests go ahead
but there is a happy medium, where you can ride, have fun, and get paid to do it.... ****, I aint hardly made **** this year, but ive hosted 2 regional events, managed 5 national events, attended a lot more and ridden..... ive had a blast...... 2003 it only gets better...

in direct response to the AMA thing seriously, its just like burning out at the stunt spot... dont do it.... if there is any type of potential danger to someone else, dont do it

what you gonna do if you wreck at the spot? heal up and ductape your ****!

what you gonna do if you wreck on the interstate, cause a truck to jacknife, and kill a van full of kindergarteners on a field trip????????????????????????? wise up

thomas
Old 11-14-2002, 06:53 PM

willie is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man, as far as totalling 3 bikes ina year and raising premiums, that hsit is dead on.

and stunting in public places is stupid but of course fun.............but it is getting more and more out of hand, and i hate to think of the repurcussions that could be coming for it.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:12 PM

FYI, i know nothing about the article or the AMA in general.
What scott said in the starboyz section is true, it is all about the money! I know a certain fact about dues that proves it

all im saying is that we need to be responsible for our own actions all the time....

who enjoys riding with reckless jackasses??

imagine if you were a housewife in a minivan full of kids and came in contact with one?
Old 11-14-2002, 07:25 PM

pbrchick is an unknown quantity at this point
good point

theres a time and a place

not everybody wants to see what were doing
eventhough thats how i got into it

if we keep givin it away for free whos going to pay to come to the track to see the real talents
show the people balance and control in a controlled track and maybe they wont hate us when they do see us on the street
Old 11-14-2002, 09:26 PM

sac gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

i see good ponts in all the posts but disagree with one thing. the public will only see the guys who are "about the money" however, there are tons of guys who just love to do it, and dont give a crap if they get spoonsors or national recognition. lets not generalize and turn this into a sport that only functions in the name of the buck. i know im not much of a stunter, and love to watch others; but, if youre doing it for the buck, thats not enough to take the risk for. do it because you want the fun and the feeling, screw the green!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 10:10 PM

RealityRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
do i have to really get involved in this topic 2

thomas i don't think you have the creditials for this topic.SO SAVE IT 4 SOME1 WHO CARES.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:23 PM

RealityRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
do i have to really get involved in this topic 2

thomas i don't think you have the credentials for this topic.SO SAVE IT 4 SOME1 WHO CARES.u cow tippen sissy, but anyway stunt riders have to grow up and be alittle more responsible.think about as a rider if some sqiud killed your mom and sister e,g doin a wheelie @ 100mph how would you feel.u would want to kick his *** beyond belief most of use find a secure spot and rock it until 5.0 shows up.unless they keep gettin calls on it u move on 2 the next.but if they just happen to roll up on u explain to them would u rather us do it on the highways or local streets.if u have to tell them we are just lookin to b safe we don't want 2 endanger anyone when we do this so we figured we would find as safe place.if they r cool they'll let u hang, if they say we don't care what u say then say ok well leave don't give them any problems and move on 2 the next spot.(KEEP SCOUTING NEW SPOTS FOR YOURSELFS)bottom line keep it of the streets and we will not have these problems from people like the ama
Old 11-14-2002, 10:39 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Re: ...

Originally posted by sac gixxer
i see good ponts in all the posts but disagree with one thing. the public will only see the guys who are "about the money" however, there are tons of guys who just love to do it, and dont give a crap if they get spoonsors or national recognition. lets not generalize and turn this into a sport that only functions in the name of the buck. i know im not much of a stunter, and love to watch others; but, if youre doing it for the buck, thats not enough to take the risk for. do it because you want the fun and the feeling, screw the green!!!!!!

YO, where did you get that pic? Thats the same PIC I use to send people in chat rooms and on ICQ. LOL!!!! Got mine off something like geeks.com or nerds.com some photo page

sorry. just bringing back a f in memory!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 10:52 PM

Ronnie, I got one thing to say u dirty rat!!

"change for the champ?"

im editing here!!

also.... u ever plan on giving me my milk crate back or are you still terrorizing all those goats up there shorty?

hugs and kisses

Thomas
Old 11-14-2002, 11:46 PM

sprads is an unknown quantity at this point
there is one big important part of the story that was left out. he forgot to tell you about when the lady in the mini van gets home with her kids and gives the van to her 16 year old son to go out with his friends and he takes it to the local street racing scene where he does 90 and 100 mph down a 2 lane road with people standing on the side, or how bout the part where the light turns green and some stupid sob runs the light and runs the bikes off the road or hits them. i hear about this happening a whole hell of a lot more than i do about motorcycles causing accidents. i believe there is a post the very first one on the page, a guy talks about loseing his friend this past week due to the same reason. some dumb *** that isnt paying attention pulled right out in front of his cousin killing him. (what are we going to ban cars now???) i agree that there is a definate time and place for everything, but us as riders cutting up on the freeways does not cause the problem. the problem comes from drivers trying to stuff down there dinner talk on the phone and read their damn road map all at the same time. accidents are going to happen, that comes with anything, but i know when i am out doing my thing on the freeways i am fully aware of what is around me and am always paying attention. one of these times i might get burnt and lose it, but that is no different than a car in front of me while i am driving blowing a tire and going all over the road causing a wreck. **** happens and that is that, i know for a fact that if some guy was doing a wheelie and caused my girl to wreck i would be pissed and want to kick some ***, but i also know that if he wasnt in a wheelie not even on a bike, in his car and pulled out in front of her i would still want to kick his ***. the best thing i can tell MR AMA who wrote the article is to kiss my ***. this sport is the **** and it is only going to get bigger, why not through some of your AMA money in and start putting some events together and get us off the streets. this way it will prevent your goldwing riding *** from getting stupid looks from a lady who was probably looking at you saying (hahah douche bag bet you cant do that) peace
Old 11-15-2002, 01:39 AM

sac gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

YO, where did you get that pic? Thats the same PIC I use to send people in chat rooms and on ICQ. LOL!!!! Got mine off something like geeks.com or nerds.com some photo page
hahahahahahaha, i got it off of fugly.net i think. ive got tons of gut busting pics that i found on the net wonder if that dude stunts?
Old 11-15-2002, 08:33 AM

JohnnyCrASH is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey the more we are hated the more publicity we get
and we all know that **** works and will back fires in the face of those who call us reckless. when we all know we can ride better than those dorks that look down on us .
Old 11-15-2002, 07:24 PM

Sellout007 is an unknown quantity at this point
think about as a rider if some sqiud killed your mom and sister e,g doin a wheelie @ 100mph how would you feel

Id feel the same as if some punk *** kid playing street racer on the street hit my mom and sister going 100mph....or even 80mph or even 60mph or even 50mph....get my point? And ill bet you your bottom dollar some punk *** idiot will hit my mom and sister driving in a car before some punk *** hits them doing a wheelie.

he forgot to tell you about when the lady in the mini van gets home with her kids and gives the van to her 16 year old son to go out with his friends and he takes it to the local street racing scene where he does 90 and 100 mph down a 2 lane road with people standing on the side, or how bout the part where the light turns green and some stupid sob runs the light and runs the bikes off the road or hits them.

Exactly, Out of all the people i know and ride with, i know maybe 1 and at most 2 that have looped a wheelie on the street in traffic, or caused an accident doing a wheelie. As a matter of fact, ive never known anyone to cause an accident or "run into a mini van full of kids" I have however known several of my friends that have run red lights, hit someone becuase they were going 100+ on streets and highways....So i dont buy into that **** at all....
Old 11-18-2002, 03:04 AM

HoSticker is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think any one of us here comes into this conversion without blood on our hands. When i was younger like back in the early 90s i would pull lift ups all the time in traffic. I smoked numerous cops and ripped wide open down many highways. Now that im older i dont do so much of it in traffic (i still will smoke a cop at any opportunity) i take it a little easier in residental and busy places. We cant blame the younger riders when most of us did the same ****. In time they will change accordingly. We all love to ride and thats waht matters. if we scare a few pussies out there too bad.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:58 AM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person
*** that i bust 6 lane freeway wheelies bouncing off of cars like a pinball machine.....
Old 11-18-2002, 06:27 PM

fzr-6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think I've ever seen anyone doing stunts on the road. I live near detroit where there are quite a few stunt groups, and still I've never seen any one on a major road doing stunts. Maybe I just dont pay attention, but even so, I'd still see some if it were as big of a problem as they make it sound. Odd.

I haven't been riding that long and can't do many stunts. But when I do, I find an empty lot and have at it.

More then that, your more likely to kill yourself stunt riding then you are to kill someone else.

Just my thoughts on it.
Jeff
Old 11-18-2002, 11:07 PM
ScooterTrashST.com

NICK HILL is a decent person
"Im afraid of giving someone a heart attack"

driving the car down the expressway i see a bike way back in my rearview mirror. i glance forward to the road ahead of me and vroooooooooooom.......... ****** ***** was gone!! the sound of the pipe blowing by my car @ an easy 150mph scared the **** out of me. i swerved almost a whole lane.

it suprised me that i was so startled by the bike since i seen him coming, and since i was usually that guy on the bike.

passing an old lady driving at 65mph with her window down can probably be a bad thing.

im not saying im an "angel" i just thought id share this story. ive calmed down alot in the last 2 years................but... everynow and then i just gotta get OUT OF CONTROL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie_15.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5535  
Old 11-19-2002, 12:22 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmm

good story sprads...

HoSticker Im with ya.... I will still smoke a cop at every oppurtunity too..ETL!!!!!!!!!!!! fukin haters. COPS LIE!

I just dont want anyone finding out that I got smashed like a ************ cause I looped a wheelie on the freeway and a 4 ton dump truck crushes my entire body to ****..

but yo Nick, I feel ya... sometimes you just gotta bust *****!!!!!!!!!!

everyone be careful.. peace

Quick Reply: Bs.... The Ama Hates Us All.... Please Read...