Why The Texas Show Sucked !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 08:48 PM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Why The Texas Show Sucked !!!

WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPPINIONS ABOUT THE SHOW.
ALL I HEAR IS HOW GOOD IT WAS. WHAT I WANT TO HEAR IS WHAT SUCKED, THIS WAY WE CAN FIX IT FOR THE FUTURE.

DONT JUST READ IT.
TELL ME WHAT SUCKED.
THANKS...

AND I AGREE. THE COPS WERE WAY TO HARSH (SUCKED)
THE T.M.S. TRACK OFFICIALS TOO STRICKED (SUCKED)
FOOD (SUCKED)
Old 09-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Voodoo Animal is an unknown quantity at this point
Food sucked ? what food, not that "bbq" that was ground track flyers with kechup on it. Food was really bad.
Keep the same venue, just have more of those meetings and let them understand that we won't be on Harleys we will ride around on 50s, quads, scooters, gopeds, pocketbikes, and sportbikes with bars off the back and dented in tanks.
What I am saying is let them, hold up, make them understand that we are there for a getaway, not for a weekend of extra rules. Of course no rules would be chaotic, but make rules that are needed, and enforced with no prejudice. H.D. riders had the run of the place.
If possible have more than one place for competitions, just to help keep on schedule.
That is enough for now. I will get back at you Mr. Colbert
Holla at you later Mr. woods ESQ.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:31 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point
..................it sucked that I fell off doing an elevator during my freestyle routine. lol thanks, Kyle, for pausing the time clock!! lol
Old 09-23-2003, 09:35 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point
paw paw, you sucked!! what sucked was sat. schedule got trashed. we were trying to stuff as much as we could in before the lights got turned off. a lot of riders were really tired. otherwise had a great time.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:37 PM

.........I suck? At least I don't need another person on the bike to make me look good. lol
Old 09-23-2003, 09:52 PM

DREWdmi is an unknown quantity at this point
damn i wish i could of been there
Old 09-23-2003, 09:53 PM

DREWdmi is an unknown quantity at this point
damn maybe next year guys
Old 09-23-2003, 09:56 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
How about a better practice area..........I spent four days there and feel like I did not get to ride ......... But for the most part I enjoyed the event......... well besides the cops busting my chops for not having a light on my bike................
Old 09-23-2003, 10:17 PM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanted to go bad, but I guess it didnt matter. who won all the $$$?
Old 09-23-2003, 10:19 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
The 4+ hours of amatuer freestyle sucked. Oh, did I mention my routine I watched my routine and laughed....
The track shuting down the competion to run the cars for 2 hours
The combined scoring for amatuers, the sand baggers.
But overall, it was put togther pretty well.

HI KYLE from Amber
Old 09-23-2003, 10:19 PM

i agree gregv.about the practice area. .........and the schedule was way off. As a first time competitor I have to ask if it's like that all the time,at every event?Also, it would have been really nice to know what we were being judged on before the competition.

oh yeah, I forgot about the sand-baggers.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:21 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Originally posted by GreggV
well besides the cops busting my chops for not having a light on my bike................
what's up with that? I am glad I didnt go to the event now after hearing about all the cop shiit . Not enough time riding, no anouncer wouldnt really bother me as much as having some dickheaded security that's kicking out the competing rider's.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:22 PM

.......but on a positive note, I did get to see some really cool stuff(but since there was no announcer, I don't even know who did it).
Old 09-23-2003, 11:01 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Kyle Woods for President...

What could be better:

- Realistic time frames for events

- Kyle Woods in Charge....not Tim Barnes (Sorry Tim, but Kyle seems to handle stress a little bit better). I am surprised you made it out of the event alive after everything I heard that went down. I will cut ya some slack though, because I know you were extremely pressured by the ******* track staff.

- Better food venders. We had to go out to the A&W to avoid paying $5-$10 for a coke and a burger. They seem to forget that us stunters are on a tight budget.

- Better Judging: This has been the biggest battle to over come since the beginning of competitions. Probably need to find some designated judges to be at every event. If you have the same judges they will know what to look for. This is probably the hardest obsticle to over come.

- Less Restrictions: The whole 50cc thing was gay and could have been handled differently. The track was locked down like it was Fort knox or something.

All in all, it was a decent event for its size and being the first one held at this track. I am sure it will only get better and look foward to seeing large payouts like this one in the future. I would like to thank Tim Barnes and Kyle Woods for making it happen. Maybe next time Tim won't be so stressed out and **** everyone off...you'll live alot longer that way . It will also be intersting to see if the whole new "organization" that was talked about on Sunday night after the awards comes true. It is one of those things that I will have to see to believe.

Congrats to Steve and Cat on their Engagement !
Old 09-23-2003, 11:06 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person
Top 5 reasons Texas blew

Top 5 reasons Texas sucked;

5) Why does everything have to be so spread out?

4) I had to share a room with Kyle Woods and listen to his crying all weekend.

3) The Jaguar wasn't available in black

2) I got enough sun in one weekend to last a lifetime, i'm still walking around in a daze.

1) I didn't get laid
Old 09-23-2003, 11:10 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
security -> sucked ( but you knew that) but we did manage a midnight golfcart 12/scrape when no one was looking.

no announcer -> sucked

sickest trick?? --> seemed like sickest run down and back, i didn't understand that one.

practice -> safe!, but waiting 10 min for a 30 sec run sucked

me not being able to hook up on the track -> sure sucked for me

all in all for a first time event it was cool and i still had lots of fun!

spinner on a fiddy --> x 10

my .02
Old 09-23-2003, 11:22 PM

evasiveactions2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i really cant think of anything that sucked that bad except my riding .i dont know but i enjoyed my self, meeting new people getting new ideas for tricks cops didnt f@#k with me looks like i got off easy.a suggestion though would be to stick to the schedual that you guys handed out. oh yea kyle when are you going to start a stunt school? i really need to take it to that next level
Old 09-24-2003, 12:00 AM

Buckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure the event will improve with age but I can say that for me as a spectator/vendor it was the worst event I have attended so far. The biggest screw up was the fact that I never had a clue what was going on and when. I missed more than I got to see. Food wasn't an issue because we brought our own grill and groceries. Jimmy, you should have come by bro, we would have hooked you up. I wont even bring up the scheduling thing again, it was a joke. The promotions people we talked to on the phone led us to believe there would be more sportbike enthusiasts in attendance. NOT! There was so much oil drippin' off all those shiny hogs I'm astonished anyone could find a dry piece of asphalt to do a stoppie on. I'm still tryin' to figure out the fifty prejudice thing. The staff there acted like the things had poisoned razor-blades attatched all over them. The last thing I want to hit on for now is this Tim Barnes guy. I don't know him, never heard of him, and really don't care to. I'm sure he has a lot of friends and supporters on this site and in the stuntin' community but will someone please tell me why he acts the way he acts. This guy managed to almost tick off one of the most easy goin, laid back, all around nice guys I know to the point of Tim gettin his rear end handed to himself. I personally will never knowingly attend or support any event he (Tim) has an interest in.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:01 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Jimmy, I agree with the judging. No one is every happy with the judging unless they place for payout.
I didn't place but I know a lot had to do with my riding that weekend.
My biggest concern is the allowing of sand baggers because they want to place for payout instead of truly competing against those with the same skill level.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:49 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm with Drew, I'm still burnt, lol.
Time schedule was crappy
Kyle you didn't get to announce, lol.
Sandbaggers
and I still don't understand the scoring, I was too afraid to ask after Danny asked Tim, lol. First competition though so I can't complain, I had fun for the most part.

Quick Reply: Why The Texas Show Sucked !!!