Will the police try and knock you off your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:11 PM

Stunter1000 is a decent person
Will the police try and knock you off your bike?

Hey everyone,

I'm writing here because it seems this may be the only forum where people will not flame your complete thread about speaking about running from the police. Any other forum will just bring loads of people telling me how I'm stupid and I should be killed in the most brutal manner because I didn't stop or will not stop for the police. It's almost as if people look at the police as GODS that you must obey.

Anyway, here is my situation. I'm on a low powered off-road bike, top speed 50MPH, but with lots of torque. I can't get into to many details but I live in a large city, but not the most congested part. But still lots of traffic to get my very agile bike away from police.

The local police don't really scare me and usually don't bother, but I recently had a state police officer, maybe a park ranger, assigned to certain forest areas in the city and he gave me a surprising chase through busy streets as I didn't stop for him while exiting a forest area. I lost him by entering a park where I knew he couldn't drive his car on the trails. He actually chased me a a little in the park until he couldn't drive even though there were families around and people pulling their kids away from the chase. I couldn't believe he would risk the harm of others to chase me like that for just him seeing me leaving a forest area. He was also yelling at me to stop, I just don't understand why he would yell at me when it is clear that I've been running a long time, does he expect me to stop and get arrested?

I had no choice to run as my bike would be impounded and I would do anything to get away once the chase is on.

This guy really wanted me and I'm worried about another chase with him. I know the areas I ride in very well and have designated cut throughs to lose police at least one per mile, usually more. But my bike doesn't go all that fast at 50MPH and he could ram the back of me easily to knock me off before I get to my cut through areas where he can't chase me anymore. The only way I see him stopping me is if he rams me when I'm running at my top speed of 50MPH, because I will easily out maneuver him until I hit one of my many cut through areas where he can't follow.

My question is will this guy try and ram me off my bike on the streets if I'm traveling at a fast speed to get away? I live in a large city here so there are always people around, this isn't back country roads or highways.

Will putting a go-pro rear mounted camera in clear display make him think twice about knocking me off? Or do these state police do what ever they want?

The reason I ask about the go-pro camera is I heard cases were dismissed for police knocking people off their bike for using excessive force. I figure before he rams my rear and sees a camera looking right at him he may think twice if it is illegal to do that. What do you think?

Thanks,

Last edited by Stunter1000; 06-27-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Will the police try and knock you off your bike?

Depends on your state/city ordinance, they have a no chase policy here in my part of AZ. They sometimes try to chase us in the desert but Fail Every time and usually mess up their squad.