f4i fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 PM

my750 is a decent person
f4i fuel pump problem

I bought an 01 f4i that was a little beat up when i bought it. i took the tank off and a couple stunt parts and painted them. the bike ran fine before i took the parts off. i put the tank and stuff back on and it will turn over but wont start. i filled the tank half way up just incase i have to take it off again so it has gas. the fuel pump is plugged in and so are both lines leading to the tank. i get no responce from fuel pump when i turn key. could it be the relays or the fuel pump itself? any body had this happen to them and if so how did you fix it?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 PM
White Stunts

ImWhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i fuel pump problem

Originally Posted by my750
I bought an 01 f4i that was a little beat up when i bought it. i took the tank off and a couple stunt parts and painted them. the bike ran fine before i took the parts off. i put the tank and stuff back on and it will turn over but wont start. i filled the tank half way up just incase i have to take it off again so it has gas. the fuel pump is plugged in and so are both lines leading to the tank. i get no responce from fuel pump when i turn key. could it be the relays or the fuel pump itself? any body had this happen to them and if so how did you fix it?

pm sent! i'd guess a fuse is blown
Old 02-10-2012, 07:16 PM

my750 is a decent person

i checked all the fuses but its just not cooperating
Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 AM

my750 is a decent person

relays look fine. any info?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:28 AM

my750 is a decent person

alright heres an update. took fuel pump off and everything looks fine with wires. i put a volt meter where it connects to the harness and got voltage. then five minutes later i did the same thing and got no power to the fuel pump. the ****?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 AM

ReSpECT is a decent person

What about the tip sensor, is it bypassed?

Take the FP relay and swap it out with a known working relay. I would use the bright/dim relay from the headlights.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM

my750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
What about the tip sensor, is it bypassed?

Take the FP relay and swap it out with a known working relay. I would use the bright/dim relay from the headlights.
its bypassed but it looks a little jank- its completely covered in electrical tape. i dont have an upper and theres just like 2 feet of wiring harness just going nowhere and thats where the tos is right?

and ill give that relay trick a shot. the relay looks just fine though but ill swap em out. i just have no power getting to the fuel pump
Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 AM

my750 is a decent person

alright heres an update for anyone still reading. i soldered wire back into ecu, bypassed whole harness with beardos technique. and got nothing. fuel pump relays dont click and fuel pump doesnt prime at all. i called honda and they said they there is no test for an ecu. i put ether in vents to try and catch spark and get it to fire for atleast a second, i got nothing. i take it that means no spark. any body else got any other ideas? im all out of things to try other than buy a new ecu just to see what happens
Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM

streetmurder is a decent person

are the injectors getting power fuel pump prime? do they sound weak? might be the regulator, best bet is put a new fuel pump in it, the f4is fuel pumps are **** everyone i know that has this problem always ends up to be the fuel pump. buddy just had this prob and after all the bs of injectors new rod fuses put a new pump in an brapp running great again.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM

my750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by streetmurder
are the injectors getting power fuel pump prime? do they sound weak? might be the regulator, best bet is put a new fuel pump in it, the f4is fuel pumps are **** everyone i know that has this problem always ends up to be the fuel pump. buddy just had this prob and after all the bs of injectors new rod fuses put a new pump in an brapp running great again.
its not the fuel pump. it works fine when it has power going to it, i jumped it with the battery
Old 02-20-2012, 09:51 PM

Bklyn is a decent person

Did you plug it into the right connecter? My boy in Florida did that. U have to plug into the connector on the short wire on the harness next to were the ground is bolted to the frame.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM

streetmurder is a decent person

how about the regulator check into that?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 PM

chase_delong is a decent person

Back track from the fuel pump to see where u are losing your power using your volt meter, also I have an ecu,tanks/pump,injectors,and a harness as well as other f4i parts if u need something just holler, i may be able to email u a copy of the wires schematic also if u need it.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:21 PM

ZOO350 is a decent person

Make sure the wires contacted to the fuel pump are in good condition, check that wire back to the harness, and make sure their is gas in the tank, i had to hit the throttle 3times then try to turn it on, can you hear your throttle body purge? Post pics if you can, I just went trough this issue with the fuel pump gasket leaking...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:10 PM

my750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by chase_delong
Back track from the fuel pump to see where u are losing your power using your volt meter, also I have an ecu,tanks/pump,injectors,and a harness as well as other f4i parts if u need something just holler, i may be able to email u a copy of the wires schematic also if u need it.
i lose power at the furthest back relay for the fuel pump and get no power to fuel pump then. i had the pink wire come out of ecu plug in, i saudered it back into place and got nothing. i think it might have fried my ecu or my kill switch is bad
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 PM

i lose power at the furthest back relay for the fuel pump and get no power to fuel pump then. i had the pink wire come out of ecu plug in, i saudered it back into place and got nothing. i think it might have fried my ecu or my kill switch is bad

All pink wire? Or pink with stripes? The pink wire goes from the ecu to the ignition which could be your problem.....can u see what color wires go into the back of the relay? The schematic I'm looking at has a fuel cutoff relay with br/bl, w/bl, bl, and brwn. Are all your safety sensors good? (bank angle,side stand,clutch,ect.)
Old 02-25-2012, 06:29 PM

my750 is a decent person

i havent checked all of the sensors but it was the pink wire coming from ecu plug (grey plug). you got a wiring diagram by chance?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 PM

i havent checked all of the sensors but it was the pink wire coming from ecu plug (grey plug). you got a wiring diagram by chance?
Sure do .......I'll see if I can scan it and email it to you....or take a pic and email or something.......what's ur email?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM

Name:  f518c62a.jpg
Views: 8453
Size:  177.1 KB
Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 AM

ZOO350 is a decent person

Is there a link to a digital copy of this schematic?

Quick Reply: f4i fuel pump problem