Crash Test Video On-Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636

Old 03-30-2011, 01:53 AM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person
Crash Test Video On-Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636

Hi Guys,

Here is a crash test video of our new stunt cage for the 03-04 Kawasaki 636. We put a lot of work into its
design and are very excited about its release.

Note: 1.38 in to the video. We were going to remove that clip, but figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

http://youtu.be/N8jCsaWXmUE

Here are the details:

Stunt Cage - Stage 2, “The Frame Saver.” Utilizing a dual crossbar design that significantly reinforces the frame’s mounting points by tying them together and adding an additional mounting point to provide a superiorly strong bond of the cage to the frame. The top tube, which helps prevent the bike from rolling onto the tank, incorporates a shock absorber made of a microcellular polymer which absorbs large impacts progressively when it compresses to prevent broken frames. Extensive thought went into designing a cage that protects the frame, tank, handle bars, and fairings, while not impeding the nimbleness and aggressive leaning of the bike during drifting.
  • Made of 1.20” wall 1.25” DOM tubing with 1.20” wall 0.75” DOM crossbars for ultimate strength and weight savings.
  • Four aluminum sliders per side. Made of 1.25”, 1.50”, and 1.75” 6061 solid aluminum rod. They are strong enough to withstand repeated hard impacts without bending or breaking, unlike competitors’ plastic sliders, yet they provide the give necessary to prevent catching the pavement and therefore flipping the bike.
  • Grade 8 mounting hardware included.
  • Powder coated gloss black.
  • Extensive R&D went into producing the proper density microcellular polymer to achieve optimal shock absorption.
  • Every tube is triangulated and heavily braced to provide the ultimate strength while staying lightweight
  • Stays clear of banging your shins.
  • Easy to install and remove for bike maintenance. Detailed instructions included.
Normal Retail price $475, Current Promotional price $399

http://onpointperformance.com

Product not yet available on website. Send us a message to order.

Production is underway and they should be available in a couple of weeks. We are currently offering an additional $50 off the already discounted promotional price for anyone who places a $50 deposit. The deposit is fully refundable at anytime, if you change your mind, but helps us get a good idea of how many pieces to produce the 1st run.

Thank you,
On-Point
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	On Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636 pic 1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	243777   Click image for larger version

Name:	On Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636 pic 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	243778   Click image for larger version

Name:	On Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636 pic 3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	243779   Click image for larger version

Name:	On Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636 pic 4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	243780   Click image for larger version

Name:	On Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636 pic 5.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	243781  

Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Re: Crash Test Video On-Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636

Come on guys, any feedback?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM

Joewilly08 is a decent person

I saw a crash test where they got it up the BP and then just kicked it out from under them.
Nice work on the cage though. Looks good.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM

STUNT3R_NUTT is a decent person

wheres the 05 06 cages??
Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 PM
truitt636

truitt636 is a decent person

looks like you guys put a lot of work into this cage, good work. my only concerns are the lowest impact point stands out a little far so it would make it roll top side easier, and it looks like a shin splitter like the 905's.... i thought about trying it out but $400 is out of my price range to try it out and not like it...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Man that thing is not only hideous but not fuctional......tail hits, upper hits, and those push over pancakes arent **** when it comes to real crashes.....The cage sitting on the side of the frame= terrible idea....some one is not gonna keep their **** tight and they are gonna cave in the side of the frame with that cage.......you think your the only one that ever thought HMM....lets mount the cage really far up on the frame and itll be good........NAHHHH not happening your gonna have 2 customers and 1 really pissed off customer when they buy a 400 dollar cage that is gonna cave in their 800 dollar frame.........

good job you have a terrible cage there is your feed back
Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 PM

04cbr600rr is a decent person

that thing is ******* ugly as hell
Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

ugly and def. inacurate on the description of protection.......on-point = POOPO
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM

my750 is a decent person

looks amazing..cage for a k7 750?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by my750
looks amazing..cage for a k7 750?
Thanks for the support. Unfortunately we currently only have products available for the Honda F4i and Kawi 636. We are in the process of expending our product line and hope to have parts available for your bike soon.

BTW - Since the release of this cage we have worked hard on developing a "Pro Model" series and it is finally completed. It is unquestionably one of the sickest cages on the market and offers significant improvements upon this original design. We will be posting a new Thread with pics and details, but here is a sneak peak.

This cage utilizes a CNC Machined Brace that bolts up between the left and right frame/motor-mounts. Specially designed to fit around a radiator cage and secondary fan, if a rider was to use this setup. It links both sides of the frame together adding a great deal of strength to this area which is prone to cracking upon hard impacts.

The shock absorption system is incorporated in the bottom slider which received the majority of the impact when the bike goes down. It is significantly absorbed and kept off the frame.

The rear section of the cage incorporates 2 mounting locations of the cage to the frame. This adds significant strength and distributes impact forces on a wider surface area and reducing the force on the frame.

The bottom slider is precisely angled to meet the ground flush so that the slider can freely compress the shock absorber. The top slider has the same angle to catch the bike and prevent it from rolling up. Another advantage is that the sliders wear evening and last much longer than other cages which make contact with the corner of the slider causing them quickly wearing away.

Sliders are made of 6061 aluminum with high strength Nylon ends (far stronger then typically used Delrin which explodes on high impact). They are strong enough to withstand repeated hard impacts without bending or breaking, yet they provide the lubricity necessary to prevent catching the pavement and therefore flipping the bike.

It is simply one of the lightest, strongest, most protective cages available.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	on-point-performance-1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	244558   Click image for larger version

Name:	on-point-performance-3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	244559   Click image for larger version

Name:	on-point-performance-4.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	244560  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:43 AM
truitt636

hope this cage is ready for what im about to put it though!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by truitt636
hope this cage is ready for what im about to put it though!

It's ready. Bring it on!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

only way to really see what its like is to get some customer reveiws. i like the second one better then the first. cool to see some guys trying something new. good luck
Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
only way to really see what its like is to get some customer reveiws. i like the second one better then the first. cool to see some guys trying something new. good luck
Well, truiit636 has ordered one and has agreed to post a review. His cage will be shipped out soon and after he gives it beating you will have your customer review.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:34 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Well, truiit636 has ordered one and has agreed to post a review. His cage will be shipped out soon and after he gives it beating you will have your customer review.
problebly wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up a couple riders to sponsors too. they would help get your name/product out there to the public, other riders etc. try and grab a couple of guys who do a fair share of decent shows and or comps. and they could give u acurate feed back instead of guys who might not know what they are really talking about who havent been around long and havent tried, seen different products that are out there
Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
problebly wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up a couple riders to sponsors too. they would help get your name/product out there to the public, other riders etc. try and grab a couple of guys who do a fair share of decent shows and or comps. and they could give u acurate feed back instead of guys who might not know what they are really talking about who havent been around long and havent tried, seen different products that are out there
We couldn't agree with you more. We recently sponsored Kris Higdon, XDL pro rider and fabricator of steel Kawi 636 frames used by him and Nick Apex. We meet him at the recent XDL show in Monterey. He expressed interest in our products and we felt who better to give a solid review of our products, then a great rider and experienced fabricator. We shipped him out a Kawi 636 Stunt Cage - Pro Series and a Sub Cage. Make sure to check out his session in the upcoming XDL show at Indy as he will be to putting it to work.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:01 AM
truitt636

i have gone through quite a few cages and beat the hell out of all of them (905, FI, and SI). im goint to put this cage to the test and video all my sessions so everyone will know just how this cage will stand. I will hopefully have it up with my personl review some time after the Ride of the Century.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:55 PM

my750 is a decent person

cant wait to get a review on this product
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by truitt636
i have gone through quite a few cages and beat the hell out of all of them (905, FI, and SI). im goint to put this cage to the test and video all my sessions so everyone will know just how this cage will stand. I will hopefully have it up with my personl review some time after the Ride of the Century.

Your cage is shipped. Should arrive in a couple of days. An email with the tracking # has been emailed to you. Looking forward to seeing footage of you putting it to work.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:02 PM
truitt636

Thanks me too!!! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crash Test Video On-Point Stunt Cage Kawi 636