Rolling burnouts/ cirle burnouts

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:15 PM

xAzNxYzfxR6x is a decent person
Rolling burnouts/ cirle burnouts

my tread on my tire is about gone so i want to finish off my tire. i was wondering how to do rolling burnouts into circles.. when i try rolling burnouts i get the tire spinning and let go of the front brake a little and my bike just jerks forward it doesnt go smooth like the vids i be watching. so any tips for me out there?
Old 10-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rolling burnouts/ cirle burnouts

Don't just let go of the front brake, if you let off the brake you have to pull in the clutch. When people stop a burnout they pull the clutch in, that brings the rear tire to a stop instantly. If you try and just take off without using hte clutch, the bike will always jerk forward.

Also on circle burnouts, people use the front brake...

Drifting however is no front brake, but a drift is initiated different then a circle burnout. Generally to drift people will come in hot, lock the rear wheel, get the bike sliding sideways, then rev it up and dump the clutch to start spinning the rear wheel. Of course you have to do this controlled or you will lowside, or even worse highside!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 PM

cisco5311 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always tried slipping the clutch but it gets hairy, I read in another tread, start out at a slow roll, ride the front brakes and roll onto the throttle till the rear breaks loose then just go with the flow.........
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Need a rear tire.

badexample is a decent person

I do lots of burn outs. They're fun. Just hold the brake, power through, the rear tire will start spinning. Just feather the brake and the throttle. Keep your weight over the front end. I don't even touch my clutch until I'm done with the burnout. Too much brake will lock your tire, not enough weight will lock the front tire, not enough brake and you won't do a burnout, too far back can throw you into a wheelie. Nothing to it really. As for doing circle burnouts, just start turning. Little movements will get the bike turning. Just remember you're rear tire is gonna be spinning 50mph give or take, so there's a lot of chance to get thrown off the bike, go into a wheelie, etc. Just take it easy. Starting a standing burnout, then letting off the brake to get it to roll sucks. Roll first, 10-15 mph normally.

And as said, drifting is a different. But if you're not doing burnouts, I wouldn't recommend drifting yet.

Picture sucks, but I swear I'm starting a donut here
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 PM

600flipper is a decent person

Originally Posted by badexample
I do lots of burn outs. They're fun. Just hold the brake, power through, the rear tire will start spinning. Just feather the brake and the throttle. Keep your weight over the front end. I don't even touch my clutch until I'm done with the burnout. Too much brake will lock your tire, not enough weight will lock the front tire, not enough brake and you won't do a burnout, too far back can throw you into a wheelie. Nothing to it really. As for doing circle burnouts, just start turning. Little movements will get the bike turning. Just remember you're rear tire is gonna be spinning 50mph give or take, so there's a lot of chance to get thrown off the bike, go into a wheelie, etc. Just take it easy. Starting a standing burnout, then letting off the brake to get it to roll sucks. Roll first, 10-15 mph normally.

And as said, drifting is a different. But if you're not doing burnouts, I wouldn't recommend drifting yet.

Picture sucks, but I swear I'm starting a donut here
I see your putting nags bike to good use where are the wheelie pictures ?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Need a rear tire.

badexample is a decent person

Haven't been able to get any. That lot night was dark as hell so no wheelie pics came out.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 PM

600flipper is a decent person

Gotta get some pictures before you get rid of her that thing is crisp i wrote back on the other thread btw