need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:06 PM

bluek7 is a decent person
need some opinions

so i have been lurking this site for over a year now. just wanting to get into stunting so bad. and now i rarely ride on the street anymore all i want to do it hit up som parking lots. my question is, i have an 07 gsxr 600, i have owned it since new i know the like the palm of my hand. i know what is has been through and everythign. i owe $4400 on it. my question is how much will i F%$^ this up stunting it. i realize it will be a stunt bike but is that kind of reduiclus to stunt it being its in good condition. (at this point i hope you guys arent thinking im a moron for asking this) or should i sell it and pick up a lot bike. i plan on starting slow probably no hand break till next season just cage and subframe for now. and plan on yanking plastics off if i keep it. i figured people here would have more info on what should do. b/c i only owe $4400 i dont want to sell it for around 5, then buy a 2-3k pos just to save some money. thats the way im looking at it. sorry if this sounds dumb tried to explain it as best as i could. thanks in advance
Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 PM

brendydoc is a decent person
Re: need some opinions

making it 1st priority now the mushrooms on my bike saved the fairin but the engine casin took a slap no real damage but thank god, if ur serious about it then once ye start gettin into it i find i just cant stop its very addictive i find myself out 3 and 4 hours at a time practising and let me tell ye iv had many a close call, dnnt no if this has been helpful but hopefully it has.
gud luck with it dude and let me no wat u do
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 PM

brendydoc is a decent person

sorry dude the 1st part of that message deleted somehow so let me start again im not long at it myself but if i wer u i wud sell it on and but something cheap and cheerful that u dont mind wreckin because lets face it you are going to crash down sumtime theres the stunter thats been down and theres the stunter thats going down, iv been at it for say 4 months now i still aint got a cage and am still running stock gearing im just finding my balance point now and am starting to slow my wheelies down but i came off it 2 weeks ago doing donuts up above will explain wer i shud have left off, i have a 2002 gsxr 600 which i find perfect for me its got a nice balancing point and theres more than enough power to do wat i want, my bike is in mint condition and am definatly gettin it kitted out it aint worth it man so picture how u wud feel if u trashed ur 07 **** dat well gud luck again dude
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 PM

600flipper is a decent person

Just get a raggedy F4i to throw around the lot.
The F4i is going to be more forgiving cause its a tank.
The Gsxr is weak and fragile and is a good bike to stunt but only if you know what your doing.
Since you don't know much you'll have some hard crashes which might crack your frame.
Besides all that the parts that your gonna break on the Gsxr (Fixxer) are gonna cost alot more cause there parts for a 07.
So your better off getting a 01-03 F4i to **** up since the parts are gonna be cheaper....
Old 09-17-2010, 07:07 PM

600flipper is a decent person

Took the liberty of finding some F4is for you

http://toledo.craigslist.org/mcy/1954323043.html
Maybe if you tell him to take over your payments he'll trade and you'll have a nice F4i to set up

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/1958886373.html
Or

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/1944816039.html
$2,600 ^

Or you can get one thats already set up

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/1910914607.html
$3,000

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/1902309693.html
$3,000 If i were you id offer the dude 1,500

All these came up when i was under Toledo, Ohio and Surrounding areas
Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 PM

bluek7 is a decent person

thanks a lot guys. think im just going to wait till next season (this one is almost done in ohio/michigan) and use my tax return for maybe just a non title lot bike and keep my 07. appreciate a lot.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
FTW

Mike Sinai is a decent person

i bought a brand new zx6r in july and i use it for stunting. i figured **** it, im making payments on it, ill do whatever i want with it
Old 09-18-2010, 05:36 PM

Beeasy is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a gsxr when I started stuntriding. It was in good condition and I payed like 6500 for it. I looped it and busted the tail..def. sucked so I sold it because it was still too nice and expensive for me to learn on. I picked up a wrecked 636 for 3000 to learn and it was alot easier to take when you crash..and you will..lol I think a f4i is no doubt the most indestructable bike there is and its a little tamer than a gsxr...good bike to learn on. The nice bikes and paint jobs can come after you get stuff down
Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 PM

danny__darby is a decent person

If you have a mint bike and your just starting don't stunt it,sell it for what its worth,buy yourself an f4i and a pit bike,kit your stunter out learn balance point on your pit bike for a bit,its gonna hurt less when you come off,there cheap for parts and will get you learning you rear break control get that then on the f4i to get some real practice in,when you finally stop dropping it then you get another mint bike