What all will a pitbike help you with..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM

LiquidsilverR1 is a decent person
What all will a pitbike help you with..

I want to get a crf 50 to practice brake control and all that...Will stunting on a 50 help with stunting on my bike?..If so with what will it help me?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 PM

chili88gt is a decent person
Re: What all will a pitbike help you with..

Originally Posted by LiquidsilverR1
I want to get a crf 50 to practice brake control and all that...Will stunting on a 50 help with stunting on my bike?..If so with what will it help me?
You learn the basics of balance point, brake control, throttle control, and balance in general. I think its the best money ive ever spent. Soooo fun. And it hurts a lot less than a big bike until you step up to the big bike, its very helpful to learn on
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

ATV's are better to learn on. less to think about, more focus on the brake.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by chili88gt
You learn the basics of balance point, brake control, throttle control, and balance in general. I think its the best money ive ever spent. Soooo fun. And it hurts a lot less than a big bike until you step up to the big bike, its very helpful to learn on

I want to slow my wheelies down on my r1..Think this will help learning control?

Last edited by LiquidsilverR1; 06-15-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chili88gt
Best thing the 50 did for me was let me get used to the o **** feeling when you are getting close to BP All that chili said is true to just thought i would add a little

Originally Posted by roadsurfr7
ATV's are better to learn on. less to think about, more focus on the brake.
I disagree I have done wheelies on quads all my life and i learned way more on my 50 that helped on the big bike then on a quad..
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM

I see alot of people have 50s on here.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T/C
Best thing the 50 did for me was let me get used to the o **** feeling when you are getting close to BP All that chili said is true to just thought i would add a little

I disagree I have done wheelies on quads all my life and i learned way more on my 50 that helped on the big bike then on a quad..
well, everyone learns different and not everyone likes to fall on their *** for hours. An ATV is the easiest thing to learn how to use the foot brake and most of them have a foot brake that is more powerful than the rear brakes on a 50.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 PM

dkracr387 is a decent person

+1 on the best money ever spent.

and +1 on the oh **** feeling.

for sure a great investment, have a helluva lot of fun in 1st or if you're lookin to step up game rock 3rd. you get almost all the same feel just on a much smaller scale proportionally. motor is weak, brakes are weak, bike is light.... but learn all you can on a 50, then step back up to your big bike and recalibrate and it'll feel so natural to rock bp on your big bike.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 PM

chili88gt is a decent person

Originally Posted by dkracr387

And +1 on the oh **** feeling.

For sure a great investment, have a helluva lot of fun in 1st or if you're lookin to step up game rock 3rd. You get almost all the same feel just on a much smaller scale proportionally. Motor is weak, brakes are weak, bike is light.... But learn all you can on a 50, then step back up to your big bike and recalibrate and it'll feel so natural to rock bp on your big bike.

+2854743598745

I agree that starting on a quad would be good. But you would have to re-learn the wheelies again to get used to one rear tire and that type of balance. Very fun. But almost like a waste of time.

Last edited by chili88gt; 06-15-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by dkracr387

and +1 on the oh **** feeling.

for sure a great investment, have a helluva lot of fun in 1st or if you're lookin to step up game rock 3rd. you get almost all the same feel just on a much smaller scale proportionally. motor is weak, brakes are weak, bike is light.... but learn all you can on a 50, then step back up to your big bike and recalibrate and it'll feel so natural to rock bp on your big bike.
Nice..I cant wait..So from searching and reading the crf 50 are the bikes to get right?

I was looking at this one....http://williamsport.craigslist.org/mcy/1787082740.html

Last edited by LiquidsilverR1; 06-16-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Stunt 4 life......

StUnT DaBbA is a decent person

Originally Posted by roadsurfr7
well, everyone learns different and not everyone likes to fall on their *** for hours. An ATV is the easiest thing to learn how to use the foot brake and most of them have a foot brake that is more powerful than the rear brakes on a 50.
Without question a quad is by far the easiest to learn bc and bp on! I have both and still can't do **** on the 50 but had bp (balance point) and bc (brake control) on the quad the 1st day! Don't have to worry about the side to side balance or looping on the quad so like roadsurf said you can concentrate on bc and bp exclusively and YES that **** transfers to the big bike. To be honest with you the 50 would have been a waste of my money if I didn't have a little one that rides it. It is a blast to ride but for me that's where it stops.
Everybody does learn diff ways and for me it was the quad.
Sorry 50 guys My
Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 AM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quad here. I think 50s are great for some people. But I can't ride one for ****.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by StUnT DaBbA
Without question a quad is by far the easiest to learn bc and bp on! I have both and still can't do **** on the 50 but had bp (balance point) and bc (brake control) on the quad the 1st day! Don't have to worry about the side to side balance or looping on the quad so like roadsurf said you can concentrate on bc and bp exclusively and YES that **** transfers to the big bike. To be honest with you the 50 would have been a waste of my money if I didn't have a little one that rides it. It is a blast to ride but for me that's where it stops.
Everybody does learn diff ways and for me it was the quad.
Sorry 50 guys My
Everyone is different... the hole one wheel balance vs two is the turn off for me... But i grew up on dirt bikes so i really didnt have that problem

Originally Posted by Nappy
Quad here. I think 50s are great for some people. But I can't ride one for ****.
Ahaha i know so many people who kill it on big bike and get killed by 50's I picked everything up on the 50 pretty quick guess i was lucky
Old 06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by T/C
Everyone is different... the hole one wheel balance vs two is the turn off for me... But i grew up on dirt bikes so i really didnt have that problem

Ahaha i know so many people who kill it on big bike and get killed by 50's I picked everything up on the 50 pretty quick guess i was lucky
Haha I knew T/C would find this thread Ya man you kill the 50 fo sho and why I always struggle defending the quad cuz so many do kill the 50. I guess for me it feels like bp range (so to speak) is about 6 inches wide/long as opposed to big bikes or quad where bpr is like 1-2 feet when learning and then opens to 5 or 6 when you get to staggereds, ss or anything where you have at least your left foot off the front pegs. I also grew up on dirt bikes and didn't have to worry about the side to side action but again, I want total focus on bc and bp wo worrying about anything else. Had the 50 for 2 years now and still find myself on my *** more often than not! My old as can't take too much of that ****!
Buuuuuutttttt I am still going to give the 50 one more shot during big bike rest breaks for OMJimmy! I promised Might install a friggin' airbag onto my arss though!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by LiquidsilverR1
Nice..I cant wait..So from searching and reading the crf 50 are the bikes to get right?

I was looking at this one....http://williamsport.craigslist.org/mcy/1787082740.html
Bet your really confused now R1? Get used to it cuz every question you ask here you will get 100 diff answers and most of them good. Find what best works for you, stick to it and just f'n do it otherwise you'll be 2nd guessing yourself until your 50 like me!!!!!! Not on the R1 though! Sold my 04 R1 to get an F4i and don't miss it one bit. I love my f4izzle Did I say that right?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by StUnT DaBbA
Haha I knew T/C would find this thread Ya man you kill the 50 fo sho and why I always struggle defending the quad cuz so many do kill the 50. I guess for me it feels like bp range (so to speak) is about 6 inches wide/long as opposed to big bikes or quad where bpr is like 1-2 feet when learning and then opens to 5 or 6 when you get to staggereds, ss or anything where you have at least your left foot off the front pegs. I also grew up on dirt bikes and didn't have to worry about the side to side action but again, I want total focus on bc and bp wo worrying about anything else. Had the 50 for 2 years now and still find myself on my *** more often than not! My old as can't take too much of that ****!
Buuuuuutttttt I am still going to give the 50 one more shot during big bike rest breaks for OMJimmy! I promised Might install a friggin' airbag onto my arss though!
Lol you are giving me to much hype i was alright on the 50 i didnt kill it though..

The worst thing for me BP wise on the 50 was learning high chairs... the other thing that took me awhile was foot over the bar circles... Anything that i could not just jump off took me alot longer i guess knowing i was going to bust my *** if i fell slowed me down

I will say though out of all my bikes i got hurt more on the 50 then anything else
Old 06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by T/C
Lol you are giving me to much hype i was alright on the 50 i didnt kill it though..

The worst thing for me BP wise on the 50 was learning high chairs... the other thing that took me awhile was foot over the bar circles... Anything that i could not just jump off took me alot longer i guess knowing i was going to bust my *** if i fell slowed me down

I will say though out of all my bikes i got hurt more on the 50 then anything else
50s are straight danger. You ride it like a toy, not a real bike. That's why they're fun though.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:23 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by Zuki750
50s are straight danger. You ride it like a toy, not a real bike. That's why they're fun though.
Flipping a 3rd gear stoppie on my 50 with a 88 kit was not fun

But yes i do agree 100% with you
Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

50's didn't teach me **** for side to side balance on a full sized bike

50's side to side balance is totally different, on a 50 you just throw a arm or leg out and your balanced, an arm or leg doesn't do **** on a big bike

50's do help with brake control and make a huge difference, although quads would be even easier to learn since there is NOTHING to worry about.. no side to side balance, and if you loop it, you just push it back off the bar and try again
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 PM

My buddy has a rm125..Would that be good to learn on..Its a 2 stroke though..Can you use them?

Quick Reply: What all will a pitbike help you with..