first 1st gear wheelies today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 PM

wreckin_repsol is a decent person
first 1st gear wheelies today!

pretty stoked it was a nice day today so i figured its time to step it up from stunt quads to my "minty" f4i repsol. well shes not so minty anymore. although I didnt wreck! learned clutch up from bout 10mph with stock gearing an normal tire pressure. i was ridin them out for a little while. anyway problems are now. front fairing is trashed headlight cracked up the weak spots i guess. and my front forks well i guess i found a easy way to lower the front end. an still need a cage... my question is what now. first thoughs was buy some fork oil pour in it an ziptie my headlight lose the upper fairing.....an go at it again to bad its my god damn DD. WHAT DO YALL THINK I SHOULD DO?

Last edited by wreckin_repsol; 04-12-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person
Re: first 1st gear wheelies today!

Fill a bag with acetylene and shoot roman candles at it while you decide what to do.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:33 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

its garbage now...you might as well give it to me...ill throw it away for you....lol i throw mine away all the time anyways...just ask around...someone will tell ya.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha clssic..."thought i didnt wreck"
Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM

already decided what to do, throw so oil an zip ties at it an ride it till it wont move anymore. just askin if maybe anyone had any better ideas. im sure everyone else has already gone thru beating up their 1st bike an had some advice for making it limp a little longer
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM

l Bolo l is a decent person

Originally Posted by wreckin_repsol
already decided what to do, throw so oil an zip ties at it an ride it till it wont move anymore. just askin if maybe anyone had any better ideas. im sure everyone else has already gone thru beating up their 1st bike an had some advice for making it limp a little longer
It won't be moving for long unless you put a cage on it.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:12 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

you got a cage?? good place to start! you should be able to pick up some stock fork tubes on the cheap since the majority of f4i riders eventuallt swap stock out for an inverted frontend....i just got rid of a stock set up. also i dont think you can just dump oil in...they are measured out.... if one is leaking it just wont be right, either reseal both of them or just get new ones....
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM

dannymyung is a decent person

take all your plastics and headlight assy off and ziptie a fog light up front. THEN GET A DAMN CAGE and then wheelie like there's no such thing as a rear brake
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

why would you make mention of a rear brake???
Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 PM

dannymyung is a decent person

Originally Posted by beardo
why would you make mention of a rear brake???
what i meant was get one of those double-clutch lever setups, i hear it makes you change gears twice as fast and increases terminal velocity by .32
Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 PM

hey i already got the feel of two clutches, front brakes popped a line. so i could get used to that!!! haha. ok new forks then cage
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 AM

~03~raven is a decent person

hey i already got the feel of two clutches, front brakes popped a line. so i could get used to that!!! haha. ok new forks then cage

Sorry man couldn't resist. Just messing with ya man. But seriously what are you trying to say? You have the feel of two clutches? Like two different bikes, types of clutches, brands of clutches, clutch wheelies? I'm confused on that one. Popped front brake line? How the hell did you do that? Also, why do you need new forks? Dude how hard to the bike hit? You probably just blew the seals and that doesn't warrant needing new forks. Just replace those, its a pretty easy job.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 AM

haynmogli is a decent person

easy job for you aint easy for everyone else

or maybe thats just me

OP cage for sure and might as well SF it
Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM

maverickxp is a decent person

actually fork seals are easy, just pull the forks, remove the allen bolt on the bottom, slowly loosen the top till it pops, pull apart, change seals put back together add oil, should take a newb about 1hr for the first one and 30 mins for the other. Honda will have the oil specs for you.
Im curious though, if you didnt wreck, how did you break your upper? and if it is broke, take it off before you destroy it. street fighter that biatch fwi maglights make great headlights lol, j/k

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...ight=f4i+forks
best how to i could find with pics

btw you will need 15.7 oz of fork oil, i round up to 16.

Last edited by maverickxp; 04-13-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 AM

~03~raven is a decent person

Originally Posted by maverickxp
actually fork seals are easy, just pull the forks, remove the allen bolt on the bottom, slowly loosen the top till it pops, pull apart, change seals put back together add oil, should take a newb about 1hr for the first one and 30 mins for the other. Honda will have the oil specs for you.
Im curious though, if you didnt wreck, how did you break your upper? and if it is broke, take it off before you destroy it. street fighter that biatch fwi maglights make great headlights lol, j/k

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...ight=f4i+forks
best how to i could find with pics

btw you will need 15.7 oz of fork oil, i round up to 16.
Also for the seal driver you can just use a piece of PVC pipe. I just cut 2 slits ~2" into it put it around the forktube and used a ziptie to make it tighter. I also use the old seals under the driver so that way there is no worry of the seal being damaged on the install. Probably not necessary but I have always done that.

Like this

or you could do something like this too

Figure out what size your fork tubes are and then get a piece of PVC that isn't much larger in diameter.

Last edited by ~03~raven; 04-13-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

^^^good post...rep for you sir!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:36 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

whatever you do DO NOT order a fork seal driver from motorcycle-superstore. they said it would ship in 1 or 2 business days...that was a ******* week ago. still hasnt even shipped to me

edit...and now i have been on the phone for the last 20 minutes listening to their shitty *** music while im on hold........

Last edited by jebova2301; 04-13-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

+1 on fork seals being easy with a piece of pvc

-1 on street fighter, run that thing full fairing!
And if you are gonna take plastics off, don't call it a street fighter, call it a haggard bike!

This is a street fighter

This is clapped out
Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

^^^refer to post above mine...lol
Old 04-14-2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by ~03~raven

Sorry man couldn't resist. Just messing with ya man. But seriously what are you trying to say? You have the feel of two clutches? Like two different bikes, types of clutches, brands of clutches, clutch wheelies? I'm confused on that one. Popped front brake line? How the hell did you do that? Also, why do you need new forks? Dude how hard to the bike hit? You probably just blew the seals and that doesn't warrant needing new forks. Just replace those, its a pretty easy job.

to answer your question I was flyin down the highway an my front brakes poped the line about a foot down from the master cylinder where it mounts to the forks, so when i was talking about having to clutches i ment the brake lever also feels about how the clutch does. Im not sure how hard i hit just a bout 12 o clock to a dead drop on the ground. and also that how the headlight broke the front fairing it had a few mounting spots broke an i guess the front fairing couldnt keep it secure. AN iM 100% SURE THAT IM THE BEST A BREAKING THIS! I COULD **** UP A SLEDGE HAMMER WITH A BAG OF MARSHMELLOWS!!!

Quick Reply: first 1st gear wheelies today!