title help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:17 PM

vasponger is a decent person
title help

I bought a bike from a local guy the other day, well when I bought the bike my dumb *** didnt check the vin like i always do bc thinking most people wont say CLEAN TITLE if it aint... Just checked the vin and what do I see?? NO ******* VIN on the neck.. so got the motor number off the motor, called kawi got them to give me the matching vin to that motor and my title dont match.. So just called my buddy thats a cop and he is running the vin that goes to the bike.... hoping at worst case that it comes back clean..

So if the number comes back dirty what should I do ? How can I get my money back out of his guy? I think once he calls me back with he vin info if its clean or not if i call the state police to report what happened that they will just take it from me and make me take dude to court ...

anyone have this happen before?
Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
Re: title help

you will loose the bike . the money you spend trying to get the money back may or may not be worth it . prob better off parting it out , but i dont know how much you spent
Old 04-01-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by skillz
you will loose the bike . the money you spend trying to get the money back may or may not be worth it . prob better off parting it out , but i dont know how much you spent
1800... its clean no body damage. didnt bother checking vin which I always do. Im waiting on my buddy to run the vin still hes out picking up a few bikes for his shop then going to run it for me.. Hopefully just tell the guy I got it from that im going to the state police and he will buy it back. But doubt it.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

what exactly did you buy for 1800. is it a blank frame? or a illegally altered frame. sounds like you are in possesion of some stolen prop. right there . you can prob make your money back by parting it out . if you go to the police and the guy denies your claims and there is no proof you lose. look at it like this unless you have proof he sold it to you nothing will get your money back , but being in posession of stolen property is illegal and you cant keep the bike no matter how much you paid for it
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by skillz
what exactly did you buy for 1800. is it a blank frame? or a illegally altered frame. sounds like you are in possesion of some stolen prop. right there . you can prob make your money back by parting it out . if you go to the police and the guy denies your claims and there is no proof you lose. look at it like this unless you have proof he sold it to you nothing will get your money back , but being in posession of stolen property is illegal and you cant keep the bike no matter how much you paid for it
2001 zx6r.. I got title thats in his name, but he has had the bike past few years. na im getting a bill of sale tom from him. and He says he bought it like that . I have text after text saying he sold it, craigslist ad, all that.. But not wanting to call the state if It does come back dirty and then me be fucked outta 1800.. and yeah it dont have any vin on the neck. I got the motor num called kawi and they gave me the matching vin that goes to that bike, my buddys going to run it and tell me whats up.. but as far as the title i got from the guy dont have any thing matching it to the bike other than the miles are close. worst case could I keep it as a drag bike?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Is building another f4i

thats a hard one to call. just remember if you call the state and there are no numbers on the frame and there is no paperwork saying it was a replaced frame it will be considered stolen and its your responsibility to prove otherwise. well thats the way it is in nj. Have you ever heard the sayin pass the buck. on the other hand if you dont ever plan on taking it off private property ie. dont plan on riding the streets keep it , i just think 1800 is a little high for a zx6 you cant ride on public roads
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 PM

GSX-R J I Z Z Y can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by vasponger
I bought a bike from a local guy the other day, well when I bought the bike my dumb *** didnt check the vin like i always do bc thinking most people wont say CLEAN TITLE if it aint... Just checked the vin and what do I see?? NO ******* VIN on the neck.. so got the motor number off the motor, called kawi got them to give me the matching vin to that motor and my title dont match.. So just called my buddy thats a cop and he is running the vin that goes to the bike.... hoping at worst case that it comes back clean..

So if the number comes back dirty what should I do ? How can I get my money back out of his guy? I think once he calls me back with he vin info if its clean or not if i call the state police to report what happened that they will just take it from me and make me take dude to court ...

anyone have this happen before?
No cop is going to run the #'s without the bike being in front of them. I know this b/c I ride with a bunch of them. If the #'s come up hot then he's got to explain to his sarge why he doesn't have the bike. Unless he does not care about his job ? My buddy's won't even run my name to check my DL status, this is b/c if there is a warrant or something they once again would have to explain to the sarge why I am not caught. Long story short they can not run anything through a system without whatever their running being in front of them.

Now what I would suggest is getting a frame and ditching that one, or part it like ^^^ he said.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by GSX-R J I Z Z Y
No cop is going to run the #'s without the bike being in front of them. I know this b/c I ride with a bunch of them. If the #'s come up hot then he's got to explain to his sarge why he doesn't have the bike. Unless he does not care about his job ? My buddy's won't even run my name to check my DL status, this is b/c if there is a warrant or something they once again would have to explain to the sarge why I am not caught. Long story short they can not run anything through a system without whatever their running being in front of them.

Now what I would suggest is getting a frame and ditching that one, or part it like ^^^ he said.
naw he is a one of the main cops around here. He checks our bikes for us if there ever is a problem. Yeah but like I said If state police say it is ok (which I dont see ) to keep a bike with no vin just for drag racing and off road if its ok. I am not saying "hey I have a bike with no vin" Im going to ask if i were to buy a bike out of state with no vin can i bring it here legally. Next bet is yes i guess buyin a new frame ,then again spending another 1000 on a 01 aint worth it to me honestly. Then my dads saying just sell it and hope no one looks. That will just make it fall back on me when the next guy see's that..
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Tell the dude you want your money back and give him the bike back. You basically got a stolen bike and title to some other bike.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by mofat01
Tell the dude you want your money back and give him the bike back. You basically got a stolen bike and title to some other bike.
tried that. Havent heard if it was stolen yet or clean numbers that he is running but still my title dont match the bike and re stamping it with a junk ebay kit looks like ****.. I told the guy I had a bike with no title and **** and I want my money back or I will just call the state police with his number and work it that way. no response yet
Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vasponger
tried that. Havent heard if it was stolen yet or clean numbers that he is running but still my title dont match the bike and re stamping it with a junk ebay kit looks like ****.. I told the guy I had a bike with no title and **** and I want my money back or I will just call the state police with his number and work it that way. no response yet
ya id show up at his house with your cop buddy and see if he wants to give you your money back or deal with the cop
Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by mofat01
ya id show up at his house with your cop buddy and see if he wants to give you your money back or deal with the cop
so yal saying **** calling the state boys and throwing that story to find out if its illegal to own it to use for the track or just go back to him straight up and try to get it back.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 PM

well a update. my boy ran the number, came back clean . told me stll try to get my money back. Im goingto just order a new frame I guess and swap.. feeling alot better knowing it aint stole