need custom bearing for f4i frontend conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM

richd3000 is a decent person
need custom bearing for f4i frontend conversion

so i wanna put my gxr front end on my f4i but run into a problem with the upper bearing on the steering neck, the bottom bearing will work just fine. now the stock honda upper bearing is 47mm-od with 26mm-id. now what i need to get the gxr triple to work would be an upper bearing that is 47mm-od with 30mm-id. i dont care if its sealed like wheel bearings or ball bearing or tapered roller bearing. anything that will work. if anyone has swaped their front with a gxr or yami front any help on what to get or where to get it would be greatly apreciated. and the width of the custom upper bearing would be nice to. thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Sugar Free

Jerro is a decent person
Re: need custom bearing for f4i frontend conversion

Originally Posted by richd3000
so i wanna put my gxr front end on my f4i but run into a problem with the upper bearing on the steering neck, the bottom bearing will work just fine. now the stock honda upper bearing is 47mm-od with 26mm-id. now what i need to get the gxr triple to work would be an upper bearing that is 47mm-od with 30mm-id. i dont care if its sealed like wheel bearings or ball bearing or tapered roller bearing. anything that will work. if anyone has swaped their front with a gxr or yami front any help on what to get or where to get it would be greatly apreciated. and the width of the custom upper bearing would be nice to. thanks
i got one for a yamaha, don't know if it'll work for the gsxr
Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Is it the triple tree "stem bolt" thats to big to go through the top bearing???Cause if thats the case then... wouldn't you be able to grind or machine(lathe) the stem bolt down to the Diameter that makes it fit in the stock bearing.If It's for a different reason then I would search on the web to find a custom bearing manufacture
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 AM

hey the one you got for a yamaha, do you mean a upper bearing to fit a yamaha frontend on your f4i? if so where did you get it or what did you use? and for lathing it down, thats a killer idea. i got a buddy that works at a mach. shop and if i cant find a bearing thats probly the way ill go. but i swear i seen someone use some kinda wheel bearing or something up top to use the r1 and gxr triples n all... i just cant find it again. i keep searching... could it been deleted or something?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by richd3000
This is the bearing I used to put an 08 750 front end on my F4i using the GSXR triples.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Its 30mm x 47mm x 9mm We used this and put the stock race on top to act as a spacer and it was good to go.
6906 2RS Double Sealed Bearing 30mm x 47mm x 9mm

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 01-26-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM

cool man! and thats a killer price! when u say the old race for a spacer, which one u talking about? i have the top and bottom stock outter races from the ball bearings from the stock frame i got. then i got the top and bottom tapered roller bearings and races from a 929 front end but they are damaged a little bit. do i need something else to use as a spacer?