r6s tank dent

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 AM

Scott982 is a decent person
Re: r6s tank dent

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
are you joking Im sorry but i only paint with good paint and my work is always top notch. The black paint might be less money but the clear is $98.00 for the set just for the cheaper line. So please dont nickle and dime me I only do the best work. That is my reputation and My prices are already so very cheap for what your getting. I mean If I was doing this threw my custom shop I would charge like $400.00 to dent and paint a tank because of what goes into it. But this is stunt riding and everyone is a cheap ***. So that is why I keep my prices down but I dont do free work anymore. Believe me I have done Thousands of dollars of free work and that ship has saled. anyway its late and Im being harsh sorry just hit a nerve. We are here if you need it done the right way if not thats cool to. Thanks C4
+100000

This is why I hate doing custom work. I have been painting for 10 years and the only way to make good money is through insurance jobs. Materials have gotten so expensive and everyone wants something for nothing. I sprayed Dupont at work for collision stuff but for custom jobs I only use PPG, Spies Hecker, or House of Kolor. A gallon of quality clear with hardener can run you $400 and a gallon of black basecoat is around $200. I will never use cheap materials just to give someone a lower price. As soon as you do that and the job starts to look like **** down the road it will do nothing but run your reputation. You charging $125 to dent a tank and get it in primer is a damn good deal. People don't realize how much work is involved and how much everything from tape to glazing putty costs.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:21 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
does anyone have a pic of there r6 dent
Rely why put this thing on here??????
Coz he asked for pics
Old 01-01-2010, 12:41 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Cutler im gonna be by lakeland on the 10th, for a week, so hit me up your number and ill get ahold of ya when im down there.....i'll just swing it by to ya
Old 01-01-2010, 01:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

are you joking Im sorry but i only paint with good paint and my work is always top notch. The black paint might be less money but the clear is $98.00 for the set just for the cheaper line. So please dont nickle and dime me I only do the best work. That is my reputation and My prices are already so very cheap for what your getting. I mean If I was doing this threw my custom shop I would charge like $400.00 to dent and paint a tank because of what goes into it. But this is stunt riding and everyone is a cheap ***. So that is why I keep my prices down but I dont do free work anymore. Believe me I have done Thousands of dollars of free work and that ship has saled. anyway its late and Im being harsh sorry just hit a nerve. We are here if you need it done the right way if not thats cool to. Thanks C4
im not a painter so i dont have the inside knowledge im just saying from my past experience. i went into a paint store and bought automotive paint, ppg or whatever it is. i bought a metalic charcoal, think it was a toyota color and i payed 17 dollars for enough to paint my whole bike. i gave it to a painter in daytona and he painted my whole bike for 120 dollars including using his own clear coat and it looked pretty damn good. im not getting a porsche painted just a bike tank.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6-23-06 015.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	235308  
Old 01-01-2010, 06:16 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

So your say in ran you $137.00 just to paint it with no making a tank. I think $125.00 to dent the best looking and feeling tanks around is a steel. anyway I dont rely care that much I have lots of tanks to do I do them all the time and the people that know my work will always bring them to me. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
Cutler im gonna be by lakeland on the 10th, for a week, so hit me up your number and ill get ahold of ya when im down there.....i'll just swing it by to ya
Sounds good bud I will PM you my number. I should be able to get it done for you wile your down.