handbrake evolution

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:40 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point
handbrake evolution

a lot of people started with a simple junction valve and a gsxr 19mm(or similar) master(admitedly junk), then progressed to a hohey dual caliper and a brembo 16(my current setup). since then its progressed to everything from four piston setups to linked systems and now to larger rotor(who started that anyway, ?).

hmmm..i wonder where it will end...or have handbrakes come as far as they can?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: handbrake evolution

i wont be satisfied until i have a handbrake i control with my mind...yes a mindbrake!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I want a ***** brake.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:04 PM

VINNYRISK is an unknown quantity at this point

i road wit no brake
Old 12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

On my f4i I just installed a 18" rotor with a 16piston caliper off a Formula 1 race car,I'm gonna use a floor jack for my master cylinder.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by lee majors
a lot of people started with a simple junction valve and a gsxr 19mm(or similar) master(admitedly junk), then progressed to a hohey dual caliper and a brembo 16(my current setup). since then its progressed to everything from four piston setups to linked systems and now to larger rotor(who started that anyway, ?).

I over at C4-revolutions designed the first big rotor hohey ket for the R6 and Hohey took it from there.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

jake brake is next ...
Old 12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i wont be satisfied until i have a handbrake i control with my mind...yes a mindbrake!
stupid people would have a hard time with coasters!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:26 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by lee majors

bigger rotors are the future The hydraulics and cylinder matching has been perfected now, and adding more pistons only helps to a point, but we can still go a lot bigger with the rotors.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:27 PM
r6 destroyer

reds919hornet is a decent person

Originally Posted by big ben
stupid people would have a hard time with coasters!!!
wow
Old 12-21-2009, 06:37 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Originally Posted by blee
On my f4i I just installed a 18" rotor with a 16piston caliper off a Formula 1 race car,I'm gonna use a floor jack for my master cylinder.
Let me know how that works sounds ******* awsome
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by nolimitriderz
mousetrap city
Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
jake brake is next ...
+1 **** and handbrake I want a jake brake with the cool sounds
Old 12-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by nolimitriderz
I'm having a lil trouble mounting the floorjack to my bars maybe I'll just mount it like a suicide shifter.

but seriously,I'm gonna do the same set up my boy Josh(jcf4i) has on his f4ez,He said it's money when ya get used to it.I think he rode wit ya down in ATL.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
CA STUNTER

I'm having a lil trouble mounting the floorjack to my bars maybe I'll just mount it like a suicide shifter.

but seriously,I'm gonna do the same set up my boy Josh(jcf4i) has on his f4ez,He said it's money when ya get used to it.I think he rode wit ya down in ATL.
what setup is that?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

He's got the dual quad bracket from fullthrottle,then he linked both 4 piston calipers to work for the HB,I think his footbrake uses one of the 4 piston cali's.It's all runnin through a gp tech style adaptor that he made,not sure though...and gixxer radial master.

I'm runnin a gix radial,fullthrottle adapter,and Fullthrottle single 4 piston bracket,I know that should be plenty but with my jacked up hands I'm not strong enough for my set up.I was gonna make a bracket to add on the stock single piston cali,but I figured **** it,Why not just add another 4 piston and link em.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM

JiggaStuntsAnR6 is a decent person

i know its kinda stupid but is anyone running a remote brake... way before i started to stunt this guy went down my road doing a no handed seat stander on like an old F2-F3 it was a while ago and to this day have never seen anything like it
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
CA STUNTER

He's got the dual quad bracket from fullthrottle,then he linked both 4 piston calipers to work for the HB,I think his footbrake uses one of the 4 piston cali's.It's all runnin through a gp tech style adaptor that he made,not sure though...and gixxer radial master.

I'm runnin a gix radial,fullthrottle adapter,and Fullthrottle single 4 piston bracket,I know that should be plenty but with my jacked up hands I'm not strong enough for my set up.I was gonna make a bracket to add on the stock single piston cali,but I figured **** it,Why not just add another 4 piston and link em.
2 quads liked???? thats nuts...... 2 linked to to the toes... wonder how that would feel....what size master is that??? a 13 mm wouldbe like NUTZ touchy
Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

I think it was linked to the foot also at first and it felt like it was on or off no inbetween,don't really remember,he says the HB definately has more power than feel but still has good feel,I'm not sure on the MM but my master say's 3/4,I got mine off a 06 gixxer 750.I just figure you can get used to anything if you used it for long enough.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
I over at C4-revolutions designed the first big rotor hohey ket for the R6 and Hohey took it from there.
i had a front rotor and a four piston caliper on my first stunt bike in 05

Originally Posted by JiggaStuntsAnR6
i know its kinda stupid but is anyone running a remote brake... way before i started to stunt this guy went down my road doing a no handed seat stander on like an old F2-F3 it was a while ago and to this day have never seen anything like it
i thought about doing the remote brake for no handed seat standers but im lazy

Quick Reply: handbrake evolution