Super streetbike mag

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:34 PM

JOELTAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Super streetbike mag

I dont think I was asking for to much. Just that credit is given to those who deserve it. Not just trying to get credit for us but Ken and brandy and CJ and Tawny. ands then Dave Sonsky replys

http://forums.superstreetbike.com/70...rfe/index.html
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Super streetbike mag

dude's a dick. sorry bro, but nothing new to us
Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Get over it.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by JOELTAN
I dont think I was asking for to much. Just that credit is given to those who deserve it. Not just trying to get credit for us but Ken and brandy and CJ and Tawny. ands then Dave Sonsky replys

http://forums.superstreetbike.com/70...rfe/index.html
its a lil funny
Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's super street bike, What more do you expect?

Does anyone actually buy that mag anymore?

I skim threw it real quick while in walmart, Not wasting $5 or how ever much it is to look at a bunch of stretched bikes..

I think 1st threw 3rd should have been in there though, if 1st threw 3rd was for every other comp!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

First through third for the comps that matter. Just winners for the sideshow and nobody cares about tandem.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

That's fucked up he'd say that back to you...

But if there were only 3 female competitors, I can see why they weren't all listed..
Old 12-16-2009, 03:02 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zuki750
First through third for the comps that matter. Just winners for the sideshow and nobody cares about tandem.
Hmm, actually I think the audience that super street bike is for really likes tandem. Seems people that don't stunt have way more respect for tandem than most people that stunt!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Regardless of whether it should have been included or not, that's an extremely unprofessional response from an editor-in-chief. just my
Old 12-16-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Hmm, actually I think the audience that super street bike is for really likes tandem. Seems people that don't stunt have way more respect for tandem than most people that stunt!
I don't stunt. I understand people like it. I just don't care for it.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:08 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

Credit was given where it was due.. 3 people enter a comp, there is no first second third. its 1st and last. As for tandem.... So? i don't think posting about it was the best idea on his website.. maybe a well written email, or write a article for submission, or a shout out in the back of the mag.. but not on his web site.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:55 PM

busta_yo_arse is a decent person

guys a dick
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

do you really think dave got to where he is by being nice and making sure to make everyone happy. I know dave personally, he can be a good guy, and can be a dick. hes the editor of a major magazine that doesnt feature stunting as a main stay anymore. its just the way things are. if you dont like it dont buy the magazine. I stopped buying it as soon as they started featuring stretched busa's every mag.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Judd
I stopped buying it as soon as they started featuring stretched busa's every mag.
Mr. Judd,Hows the 6-dirty-6 goin? Ya'll gangsta's been ridin in the cold icy lot's? Don't let Mr. Guido read your "Busa" comment...He loves a stretched Boose He got a lil burnt out this past summer when me,him,and Joosh were grindin everyday,he was gonna sell his f4ez,buy a Busa,then stretch/turbo it.

AND TO THE THREAD STARTER,Prop's for tryin to get recognition where it's deserved It's not like you were being rude or unreasonable with your comment.I mean Seriously...how hard is it to type names for 1st through 3rd like most sport type mags do.Most readers wanna know what place their favorite rider/driver/athlete etc got.Not just #1. IMO "Mr.Editor in Chief"with his cocky statement "2nd place is a loser" and "get over it" showed very little class and even less Respect to the riders mentioned and you who probly buys or maybe even has a subscription to HIS magazine...what he may not realize(or probly just doesn't care) is that in any stunt/freestyle comp, just placing in the top 5 is a pretty big accomplishment,especially with how insane and technical it's become,The 5th place rider last week could be the 1st place rider next week and hold it for the next year or so,Ya never know many people would be proud to get a 2nd or 3rd place finish,Why else would trophys/awards usually be given to the top 3 competitors.I can only hope that the people who place 2nd,3rd,4th,etc. aka-"losers" as he says,will deny that dude an interview or big article in his mag when they are murderin every comp and get that #1 spot locked.

sorry for the rant,but I just pictured him as some overpaid dude that feels he's too good to listen to a customers advice,or suggestions.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

Joel, First go back and read what you posted on his forum out loud.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that female stunters got all the attention/recognition they deserved (and then some) in the recent episode of Superbikes.

I'm sorry if this hurts some feelings, but it's just not that much fun watching riders chase balance point or flee-flick tricks. And I know I'm not the only one watching cause I think that there's a better-than-average chance of a wreck.

There are a few women out there that do an admirable job in the lots, but I've yet to see a single one on the streets....which is where I reside (or used to).

Tandem is a completely different argument, only because the level of difficulty is higher and it is a little more exciting to watch. But if you've ever had to sit through the female event after having just watched the guys kill it, it's flat-out boring. Exceptions being the following:

- It's your girlfriend or someone that you know personally
- You're trying to **** her
- You're hoping someone crashes.

I don't personally know Big Dave, but have ridden with him a small number of times and got my last crunchy 900RR from him back in the day. I'm sure his replies didn't make you happy and possibly didn't represent the magazine's views in the best possible way, but I agree with him.

Stunting alone is having a hard enough time getting the attention of sponsors and fans. While I think that female stunting may attract a small percentage of fans (1-3%), I don't think that it deserves any national exposure at this time.

- BigJason
Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by doke
regardless of whether it should have been included or not, that's an extremely unprofessional response from an editor-in-chief. Just my
+1
Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by JasonS1
I think that female stunters got all the attention/recognition they deserved (and then some) in the recent episode of Superbikes.

I'm sorry if this hurts some feelings, but it's just not that much fun watching riders chase balance point or flee-flick tricks. And I know I'm not the only one watching cause I think that there's a better-than-average chance of a wreck.

There are a few women out there that do an admirable job in the lots, but I've yet to see a single one on the streets....which is where I reside (or used to).

Tandem is a completely different argument, only because the level of difficulty is higher and it is a little more exciting to watch. But if you've ever had to sit through the female event after having just watched the guys kill it, it's flat-out boring. Exceptions being the following:

- It's your girlfriend or someone that you know personally
- You're trying to **** her
- You're hoping someone crashes.

I don't personally know Big Dave, but have ridden with him a small number of times and got my last crunchy 900RR from him back in the day. I'm sure his replies didn't make you happy and possibly didn't represent the magazine's views in the best possible way, but I agree with him.

Stunting alone is having a hard enough time getting the attention of sponsors and fans. While I think that female stunting may attract a small percentage of fans (1-3%), I don't think that it deserves any national exposure at this time.

- BigJason

+1 couldn't have said it better myself. I watched the 08 clutch control episode of superbikes last tuesday and was embarrassed for them.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:55 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

i see a theme here mr. dave sonsky.
sound like most people are just pissed you put the mag on a mainly busa diet.

make your magazine a predominantly stunt mag again, then you'll have enough room to cover everyone, including the female comp. maybe the sales stats don't warrant it now, but i guarantee, with the extra publicity on the sport, you'll reap the rewards down the road.

it takes a lot more skill to do what these guys do on a bike than to send **** to chrome and stick a bunch of aftermarket parts together.

rant over!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM

99CBRXX is a decent person

credit was given....it was basically a nothing show and highly unorganized...he made it short and sweet but it was covered it a mainstream magazine....to complain and ask for more is "bold" and highly unnecessary.

Quick Reply: Super streetbike mag