Here we go loop dee loo...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:43 PM

weeeezzll is a decent person
Here we go loop dee loo...

So I was out practicing wheelies yesterday, for the second time ever. It was pretty difficult to get the front wheel up. It took me about 30 minutes to realize that simply pulling and popping the clutch at the right RPM was not enough. After several failed attempts to get the wheel up I finally realize that I need to accelerate straight through. The wheel finally started coming up with some consistency. After about of an 30-40 minutes of short lived 2-3 foot high wheelies I decided to make some initial attempts at keeping the wheel off the ground for for a little longer. After about 20 minutes of trying and failing I turned around and decided that I would try a couple more times before calling it a day. I started to accelerate in 2nd and got up to about 5-6k, and pulled the clutch in let it rev for a second. I released the clutch and felt the front end pull up. It felt perfect! The wheel came up with ease and and very smoothly, unlike the mostly jerky attempts I made that day. That good feeling only lasted a second though. I heard a noise that I immediately recognized at the tail scraping against the ground. The next thing I know my hand and knee hit the asphalt, and I'm tumbling down the road behind my bike.

Luckily I only ended up with some bad road rash on my hand and knee, along with a slight knee sprain. My bike didn't do as well. Looks like my cage (StuntAid) protected the frame and engine well, but the sub frame is bent, the rear fairing around the tail light is trashed and the shifter was hanging off. I didn't see it flip but it looks like it landed with the full weight of the bike on the grips and gauges. *sniff sniff*

Anyone have any suggestions for what I might have done wrong? The whole day it felt incredibly difficult to get the wheel off the ground and when I looped it, it felt like it came up real easy, but I guess too easy. Was this a classic mistake or is there just a real fine line between getting the wheel up a little and getting it way up?

Also, if anyone has any experience dealing with insurance in situations like this feel free to share your valuable knowledge.

Last edited by weeeezzll; 11-28-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: Here we go loop dee loo...

keep practicing, it happens

If you got insurance I guess you can turn it in, I wouldn't though, its a stunt bike, your gonna wreck and you cna't be turning it into insurance company everytime you break ****
Old 11-28-2009, 03:37 PM

I_RiD3_f4I is an unknown quantity at this point

cover the break next time.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:39 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

dont make a claim through your insurance ********. you looped your bike trying to learn wheelies now man up and deal with it. people like you are the reason my insurance is so expensive.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:40 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i dont really know what to tell you. you flipped over cuz you didnt use the brake.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RROCCO
dont make a claim through your insurance ********. you looped your bike trying to learn wheelies now man up and deal with it. people like you are the reason my insurance is so expensive.
+100000000000000 dude dont claim it get some decent parts say **** the plastics and gauges for now and put an a-town customs cage on it cuz stuntaid sucks and go stunt man
Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 PM

jamstoyz is a decent person

break break break lol. im a beginner too and its tough learning the brake. be sure to have your foot on it and ready to hit it when your past 12oclock. dont hit it to hard tho. are you trying sit downs or stand ups?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:44 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RROCCO
wrong. your insurance is expensive because of your driving record. my car insurance is only 500 a year and if i ran bike insurance which i dont it would only be 250 for the year because i have a clean record and im over 25
Old 11-28-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jamstoyz
break break break lol. im a beginner too and its tough learning the brake. be sure to have your foot on it and ready to hit it when your past 12oclock. dont hit it to hard tho. are you trying sit downs or stand ups?

Sit downs. I was starting to get comfortable with the feeling of the front wheel coming off the ground and I was starting to work on getting it up and keeping it up. When I looped it I had thus far only gotten the wheel up and then straight back down. The break most certainly saved me. I remember reading about keeping the break covered but failed to actually do it. I'll definately remember now.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:08 PM

its not about keepiong the brake covered its about actually using the brake.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i said that other day on SL, dont cover it, use it

and it sounds like you are clutching weird too. on the street i just flick the clutch real fast, basically im riding a steady speed and at the same time i flick the clutch and gas a bit more all in one fast motion.

vs where you make it seem like you are riding, pull it in completely rev it up. then drop it, thats just my
Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by R1wonder
i said that other day on SL, dont cover it, use it

and it sounds like you are clutching weird too. on the street i just flick the clutch real fast, basically im riding a steady speed and at the same time i flick the clutch and gas a bit more all in one fast motion.

vs where you make it seem like you are riding, pull it in completely rev it up. then drop it, thats just my
When I first started trying wheelies, I tried riding at a steady speed in 2nd at about 6k and then flicking the clutch quickly, but it didn't seem to be coming up like that. So then I tried pulling the clutch in for just a tad longer. It's hard to say how long i'm pulling the clutch in because it's pretty quick, but it's only about 1/2 a second.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:36 PM

da Liks is a decent person

use first, and USE the brake!!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Supermoto Stunt Double

702BOYZ is a decent person

you need a 12 o clock bar. it helps
Old 11-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Stunt 4 life......

StUnT DaBbA is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
First person that said it right, USE the brake when learning! Don't just cover it but actually USE it and get used to the feel of it and needing it will be natural. Bring it up quick and stomp the brake.

sdfkillz says it like it is again
Old 11-28-2009, 08:43 PM
5 star

tavis10r is an unknown quantity at this point

your well on your way.....~!!!!don't know of anyone that has not hit the tail/12 bar learning....it's also humerous to know all you have to do is hit the brake in the nic of time...it often does not happen while first learning thus causing all the ordeals you are dealing with now...

i flipped two bikes, and 4 thousand dollars later i learned back brake,,...good luck with it.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by tavis10r
your well on your way.....~!!!!don't know of anyone that has not hit the tail/12 bar learning....it's also humerous to know all you have to do is hit the brake in the nic of time...it often does not happen while first learning thus causing all the ordeals you are dealing with now...

i flipped two bikes, and 4 thousand dollars later i learned back brake,,...good luck with it.
i never hit my tail on accident, i had brake control well on lock in the streets before i went and learned idle and **** in the lots. only time ive ever "flipped" was after 3 years of riding and my piece of **** hb setup gave out on me.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

I cant believe how the term 12 oclock is throw around so loosely.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:49 AM

dannymyung is a decent person

take every single piece of plastic off of your bike so if/when you dump it again, it costs less. wear more gear. just don't give up...a buddy of mine went over the handlebars after mousetrapping a wheelie (then his bike ran over him) but after that he gave up stunting completely which is hogwash...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM

LilBuddhaStuntz is a decent person

ask killa d bout his "insherese" lol too bad you dont have a video

Quick Reply: Here we go loop dee loo...