04 636 HB set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person
04 636 HB set up

I need advice on a HB set up for my 636. on the f4i I'm used to a dual single piston caliper set up to a 13mm Magura master. I like the feedback on the f4i set up, but there is barely enough power in the HB to lock up the tire. is the HHD big rotor kit the way to go on a dual 4 piston set up without having to mess with trimming brake pads? and, what size Magura to run with Honda Nissin front calipers?

oh yeah... and who can hook it up?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Re: 04 636 HB set up

Originally Posted by Austin913
I need advice on a HB set up for my 636. on the f4i I'm used to a dual single piston caliper set up to a 13mm Magura master. I like the feedback on the f4i set up, but there is barely enough power in the HB to lock up the tire. is the HHD big rotor kit the way to go on a dual 4 piston set up without having to mess with trimming brake pads? and, what size Magura to run with Honda Nissin front calipers?

hit up sketchy for a 13mm magura and get a hohey DC bracket with 4 piston adapter,a f4i front right caliper and your $$$$
Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

BIG ROTOR IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM

douggiefresh is a decent person

i have a bembro 16x18 with the hohey dc bracket and 2 stock one pistons works pretty good to me but i would go 4 piston for hb if you have the money i def am soon, i thinking of trying a magura from sketchy soon too hope its a better feel then my brembo
Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Austin913

if youre having problems locking up ur wheel with that setup then you need to bleed it better, get new pads or some ****. ive got the same setup on my r6 (r6 and f4i have same rear caliper) and my friend has the same setup on his f4i and its easy 1 finger lock up. with the kawis though the tockiko calipers are ******* junk so i would agree with super dave and say go with the big rotor kit, that **** looks nice and you can get a diff caliper for your foot brake with it too.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:47 PM

budweezy is an unknown quantity at this point

I initially had issues with my HB hardly working at all when squeezing it as hard as I could. Realized the issue wasn't the HB setup it was extremely hard stock brake pads that just had no bite. I changed to EBC HH pads first and it's too good. I found a good middle ground though by running EBC Kevlar pads.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by budweezy
I initially had issues with my HB hardly working at all when squeezing it as hard as I could. Realized the issue wasn't the HB setup it was extremely hard stock brake pads that just had no bite. I changed to EBC HH pads first and it's too good. I found a good middle ground though by running EBC Kevlar pads.
If you had to swap to EBC pads, yes, it is your HB setup. Adding the EBC pads is just band-aiding the problem. EBC pads are very abrasive (compared to stock) and wear down an order of magnitude faster than stock pads.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

budweezy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inolen
If you had to swap to EBC pads, yes, it is your HB setup. Adding the EBC pads is just band-aiding the problem. EBC pads are very abrasive (compared to stock) and wear down an order of magnitude faster than stock pads.
Of course they do. It's all relative though. I can change the entire HB setup to big rotors, different bore size calipers, multi-piston calipers, etc. Or, I can simply change out the pads and get exactly what I want. The cost of pads versus and entire new HB setup is far cheaper over the next three years to just replace pads as needed. It worked for me so I went with it.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:52 AM

douggiefresh is a decent person

what you guys say are the pads? i wanna git some good grippy ones for my hohey four piston
Old 11-09-2009, 02:25 AM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person

EBCs are pretty good for the money and magura 13mm on single piston works well but i would def spend the $ and get the 4 piston i make one piece billet D.C. brackets if ya need one hit me up
Old 11-09-2009, 02:28 AM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person

myspace.com/rk_armor