View Poll Results: Clutch Method U Use?
Lil gas and slippin the clutch
32.61%
Clutch the way in and dumpin it (I Guess)
67.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Which method do u prefer?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
Which method do u prefer?

Clutch wheelies
There are a couple different methods for clutching wheelies. I prefer the second method.
Method 1: First accelerate with the clutch engaged. Then, with the throttle still opened, pull in the clutch with one finger, to the point where the clutch disengages. With the engine still under throttle, quickly let the clutch back out as the tach is rising.

Method 2: Close the throttle, and then pull the clutch in all the way, with one finger. Then twist the throttle and dump the clutch.
When learning to clutch, only rev up the engine a little bit at first before letting out the clutch. This will give you the feel for clutching. Then gradually increase the rpm’s before dumping the clutch, until the front end jumps up close to the balance point. Reduce the throttle as the front end comes up to the balance point. If it comes up too far, gently push the rear brake to bring the bike back forward.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 AM

Re: Which method do u prefer?

Im still in the learning process but I looped about two weeks ago and I was doing the slip the clutch and give gas at the sametime........but I know the rear brake should have been used but I just dont get it........I was wondering about the 2nd idea with holding revs and letting the clutch out but slowly increasing the gas every pass through............ see I practice on a fifty like its going out of style Im getting better on that but just dont know what else to do..........My boys down in austin help me alot and when i say alot I mean alot I travel a hr every friday to practice with them so I dedicated to this sport but I want to see what u guys do with the whole clutching thing
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 AM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

this is why i never get on here anymore...................
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 AM

what ok ive read that section over and over and over yeah and i get out over and over so I do make progress some way its just a question I dont sit on here and post and talk **** to people I get out and I try

or post bullshit like
do u smoke and ride
or like what size sprocket do i need
or I want to get better but dont want to mess my bike up
or I think Im a mister kow it all
or flame other guys

We all started somewhere

oh yeah ive used the search button too

Last edited by PeterNoggin; 10-13-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Method 1 sounds stupid
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 AM
SLOPDIDDY

SLOPDIDDY will become famous soon enough

Just pop that **** and cover your rear brake
Old 10-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Jus Sayin

~TK~ is a decent person

Just pull with your left hand and twist your right hand then let go with your left hand. After you fall on your *** a few times you'll get covering the rear brake pretty fast you just gotta know how far is too far.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM

thanks guys and the one that says method one is dumb that is what ive been doing and thats y i looped .............u ready thats in the basics of wheelie thread which im not knockin on that thread but thats y i made this

Last edited by PeterNoggin; 10-13-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
thanks guys and the one that says method one is dumb that is what ive been doing and thats y i looped .............u ready thats in the basics of wheelie thread which im not knockin on that thread but thats y i made this
you looped because u didn't hit the rear brake!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dilts646
you looped because u didn't hit the rear brake!

lol i forgot that too
Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM

kirny is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
Im still in the learning process but I looped about two weeks ago and I was doing the slip the clutch and give gas at the sametime........but I know the rear brake should have been used but I just dont get it........I was wondering about the 2nd idea with holding revs and letting the clutch out but slowly increasing the gas every pass through............ see I practice on a fifty like its going out of style Im getting better on that but just dont know what else to do..........My boys down in austin help me alot and when i say alot I mean alot I travel a hr every friday to practice with them so I dedicated to this sport but I want to see what u guys do with the whole clutching thing
method 1 def sounds retarded and in my opinion ditch the 50 practice what you play a 50 and a big bike in my opinion completely opposite....i learned everything on a big bike everytime i ride a fifty i get F***ing hurt haha
Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kirny
my opinion ditch the 50 practice what you play a 50 and a big bike in my opinion completely opposite....i learned everything on a big bike everytime i ride a fifty i get f***ing hurt haha
k
Old 10-13-2009, 01:00 PM

J150 is a decent person

GAS Brake dip dip
Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM

ill try the other method this friday

and the rear brake and stop doing warm up **** with the 50 too
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

really the problem is you new guys over think **** wayyyy too much. its not organic chemistry. its the same exact concept is breaking the tires loose on a manual trans vehicle. if youre at a dead stop then obviously clutch is in hit the gas as you drop the clutch. if the results werent what you needed then add more gas. if youre rolling at a speed obviously you just gotta be quick about it to maintain speed. pull in the clutch as you do raise the rpm's and release while staying on the gas until you reach the desired height then roll off the gas/tap brake to steady your balance. really not a hard concept, ppl think this **** is harder than it really is, just keep doing it and your muscles will get the hang of ****.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by kirny
method 1 def sounds retarded and in my opinion ditch the 50 practice what you play a 50 and a big bike in my opinion completely opposite....i learned everything on a big bike everytime i ride a fifty i get F***ing hurt haha
I think riding a fiddy is Helpful. I learned sit down circles alot quicker after i learned them on the fiddy.

Stoppies.... thats a whole different story. Got my face slammed in the asphault a few times on the fiddy.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM

dannymyung is a decent person

go with method 2, its more consistant...gear up and loop a couple times then you will find your rear brake and know when and how hard to hit it once you get that feeling of "oh ****" when you start falling past 12...also, dont be going 20mph and do it because it will just hurt more when you fall...learn slow, be barely moving or at a quick balanced stop and then clutch that bitch up
Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM

kirny is a decent person

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
I think riding a fiddy is Helpful. I learned sit down circles alot quicker after i learned them on the fiddy.

Stoppies.... thats a whole different story. Got my face slammed in the asphault a few times on the fiddy.
my buddy did that and got knocked out cold haha havent tryed a stoppy on a 50 since
Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

ride soooo much that u dont even know what u do, it just happens
Old 10-13-2009, 03:56 PM

well ive had the oh **** factor alot but i think I found out my problem so hopefully I can figure it out a lil bit better next friday were usually out there from 8 pm till 3am so a good session again might do the trick

see when i did the first method id get up pretty good but wobbled bad and the rpm was picking up so I'll do what u guys said and practice on the rear brake more

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which method do u prefer?