new big rotor from hoe hey

Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Condoms? I'm pro-choice!!

Buddy luv is a decent person
new big rotor from hoe hey

whats the deal with this? has anyone tried this yet or running it? i dont how a bigger rotor includes more stopping power when the same ammount of the caliper touches before as it does after, i do see how the rotor can stay cooler or cool down faster but dont get it. heres what hohey ssays

"A few good reasons to consider getting one of our Big Rotor Kits. 1. No brake pad trimming required for 4 piston applications 2. Greater heat dissipation throughout braking system (longer brake fluid life) 3. Added braking power 4. More consistency in braking performance under all conditions 5. Going with the name you can trust for all of your hand braking needs (HHD)"

im not knocking hohey what so ever, i love them and thier products and im no expert by far just curious.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: new big rotor from hoe hey

Originally Posted by Buddy luv
whats the deal with this? has anyone tried this yet or running it? i dont how a bigger rotor includes more stopping power when the same ammount of the caliper touches before as it does after, i do see how the rotor can stay cooler or cool down faster but dont get it. heres what hohey ssays

"A few good reasons to consider getting one of our Big Rotor Kits. 1. No brake pad trimming required for 4 piston applications 2. Greater heat dissipation throughout braking system (longer brake fluid life) 3. Added braking power 4. More consistency in braking performance under all conditions 5. Going with the name you can trust for all of your hand braking needs (HHD)"

im not knocking hohey what so ever, i love them and thier products and im no expert by far just curious.
Never tried bigger rotors have you then Try it and you will feel the difference...Its the same when you upgrade a 03/04 636 to the larger 05+ front rotors. It changes the way the brakes feel, and adds more power/feel

First of all you dont have to trim the 4 piston pads anymore, so you gain about %10-15 more pad area. And a bigger rotor takes longer to rotate around and has a larger surface area, which gives it more time to cool down....Its all about surface area
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Rotational force is torque. Torque =force*distance so the bigger rotor is supplying more stopping torque. For example take a 6" rotor and a 8" rotor. Both use the same caliper that supplies a certain braking force, lets say for the sake of arguement 10 pounds. T=F*D so with the 6" rotor you get 60 inch-pounds and with the 8" rotor you get 80 inch pounds.

Same reason why putting a cheater bar or pipe on the end of a breaker bar works.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I run the HHD big rotor kit & its THE BEST!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

HHD Big rotor kit for New Cbr RR
Name:  securedownload1.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  87.3 KB
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I run the HHD big rotor kit & its THE BEST!!!
give it to me
Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

Kind of like the same principle with putting a larger sproket on back. Your chain has more leverage at the rear wheel right? Well if you put a bigger rotor on your rear wheel your calipers and pads have more stopping force or leverage.

I am getting the HoHey BR kit soon my self
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Just a little heads up...The Big Rotor kit is NOT for a beginning level rider. If u havent leaned off peg O's yet, u only need the Standard single/4 piston Dual caliper kit. Upgrade at a later date
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Leverage
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by NINER
Rotational force is torque. Torque =force*distance so the bigger rotor is supplying more stopping torque. For example take a 6" rotor and a 8" rotor. Both use the same caliper that supplies a certain braking force, lets say for the sake of arguement 10 pounds. T=F*D so with the 6" rotor you get 60 inch-pounds and with the 8" rotor you get 80 inch pounds.

Same reason why putting a cheater bar or pipe on the end of a breaker bar works.

good info niner, and i must admit that set up looks nice
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

I have the 4 piston kit now. Can I use the same bracket and just get the adapters and rotor?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

p.s. .... public school systems = fail
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

i like hoe hey products lol i noticed that after i posted it up, but in my description i spelled it right
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scott3824
p.s. .... public school systems = fail
+ ******* one!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

HHD ALWAYS MAKES A KILLER SYSTEM. BIGGER ROTOR = MORE STOPPING POWER = GREAT FOR STUNTING...

4 ALL CYCLE PERFORMANCE "Be a Star"
P- (484) 494-3136
Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Originally Posted by verticaljay
I have the 4 piston kit now. Can I use the same bracket and just get the adapters and rotor?
No.. The big rotor has a different base bracket
Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Big Rotor Kit is the business!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

Grab an HHD big rotor kit and get a gsxr 1k 6 piston caliper... and your ready for the mousetrap at the pancake house....
Old 10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz
Grab an HHD big rotor kit and get a gsxr 1k 6 piston caliper... and your ready for the mousetrap at the pancake house....
hahaha.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

F4i Big Rotor, GSXR 1K Dual Piston Foot Break

Name:  2009_03090007.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  85.5 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new big rotor from hoe hey