Has anyone done this yet to the 03 636!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough
Has anyone done this yet to the 03 636!?

ok.....i went through 2 radiators on my 03 636....tabs kept braking off just from riding the damn thing...so i put an 06 600rr radiator on my bike a while ago and it is hell of alot bigger and fits in full fairing.....

Name:  1253575335.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  85.0 KB

heres all the lines I had to extend

Name:  1253575141.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  1253575142.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  95.1 KB

on this next pic there was a hose going to this spot, which is the thermostat housing from the radiator....take it out and put a bolt in it and put some kind of seal on the bolt and run it in to plug it.....

Name:  1253575145.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  60.8 KB
and heres the final view.....

Name:  1253575140.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  66.3 KB

thats it.....honestly do not need to buy radiator cage with this radiator.....the mounts are beefy, fan sounds like a turbod sewing machine!, its alot bigger than stock, it bolts in, and stays a hell of alot cooler....didnt know if anyone has done this but its the best mod i ever did on this bike....

Last edited by !!A2K!!; 09-21-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 PM
king of runon sentences

De Rudeboy is a decent person
Re: Has anyone done this yet to the 03 636!?

sickness
Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

u coulda just solve4d that by either A) reinforcing the rad fromt he beggining or B) buy a damage control rad cage...pretty sure u can even use the rad cage with a broken rad
Old 09-21-2009, 09:51 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

i paid 70 bucks for the radiator....
Old 09-21-2009, 10:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you said it fits in full fairing ? got any pics of that ?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

just stunt pics......
Name:  6e5a6217.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  80.0 KB
Old 09-21-2009, 10:34 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

lol....sorry man...my bikes in a million pieces and i cant really put it back together since ive sold half of it.... but it is very very close fit....but mine never rubbed or touched. my bike stayed very cool.

Last edited by !!A2K!!; 09-21-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok race plastics ..

no lower mounts like the factory ones and no v at the bottom ..

still pretty cool though , gets hot here in south florida i would love a bigger radiator..
Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

no...my sharkskinz have the v built in....wasnt close......its bout same size tall wise, but length is longer and its thicker
Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
no...my sharkskinz have the v built in....wasnt close......its bout same size tall wise, but length is longer and its thicker
my stock radiator sits right on top of the v so any longer and i would have to remove it and thats not out of the question im just saying..

that and the stock plastics bolt to the bottom of the radiator the race plastics dont ..

im gonna go look to see if there would be an issue wuth the radiator being thicker with the oem body work ..
Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

very true man......forgot aboout the tabs on the stock one....good thing alot of people run sf hahaha
Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 PM
also known as OMR

looks like you might have to trim the ears on the stock upper where they drop down in front of the radiator a little if its thicker but it would be easy and you could probably get away with trimming the top of the v down a little instead of removing it ..

if i happen to come across an 06 600rr radiator i might do this ..thanks for the pics
Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

no problem! thats what its here for
Old 09-21-2009, 11:02 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

id sell you mine cuz im parting my bike out but I wanna sell the motor in one piece...less of a headache
Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 PM
also known as OMR

no problem ,i probably wouldnt go out of my way to buy one that needs to be shipped to me just to do the mod but if i found one local cheap i would probably do it
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 PM
also known as OMR

i tell ya what else , my buddy has an 06 gsxr 750 and when his fan comes on and your standing next to the bike your pants blow in the wind , 636 fans dont move near that much air ..

i would like to try an 06 750 fan on my bike to see if it cools better during drifting and burn outs
Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

drastic dan has an r6 fan on his.....dont remember what year its off of but it sounds crazy. that 600rr fan def pushes some air to....hell of alot more than stock
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 PM
also known as OMR

i think he runs two fans , i dont really need two it just gets hot when im doing burnouts or drifting alot , if i just ride around in a high gear it cools right off but it would be cool if i didnt have to even do that
Old 09-21-2009, 11:22 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

hahaha true
Old 09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-CB...#ht_500wt_1182

Just throwin it out there lol

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this yet to the 03 636!?