When do you turn your idle up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:38 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person
When do you turn your idle up?

Do ya'll ride around all the time with your idle turned up or do you turn it up when you get to the spot and turn it back down when your just riding regularly?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:39 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: When do you turn your idle up?

turn it up when you need it no reason to keep it up all the time right ?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

That's what I figured, only logical to keep the bike running cool when just riding around. Thanks OMR. . .By the way, still working on my slow wheelies, been mouse trapping like a *****. I know what the problem is, I am not commiting and I am hitting the break too hard too early. Has me a bit worried about my bike, don't want to bend a rim, blow a seal, or bust up my frame.

Last edited by WolfmanJack; 08-10-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by WolfmanJack
That's what I figured, only logical to keep the bike running cool when just riding around. Thanks OMR. . .By the way, still working on my slow wheelies, been mouse trapping like a *****. I know what the problem is, I am not commiting and I am hitting the break too hard too early. Has me a bit worried about my bike, don't want to bend a rim, blow a seal, or bust up my frame.
then stop doing that just kidding , you'll get it
Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Originally Posted by old man roger

LOL! Sooner or later I will, thanks dude. Going to try turning my idle up more and see how that feels.

Last edited by WolfmanJack; 08-10-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:08 AM

Monblan is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
How you personaly setting idle on your bike??
Old 08-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

mine is always up and down in the lot, depending on the riding that i'm doing or things i am praticing. it will vary from 1000-4000.

generaly idle/slow Wheelies and Christs are around 3500 + or -. i am trying to get lower.
but most other things a much lower RPMs, imo theres no need to have the bike screaming 24-7. my biggesst problem is i seem to a "sweet spot" or perfect idle spot, but its hard to always find it after turn it down and back up. it will take a few runs before its back to perfect.

i dont hit the streets on my stunter too ofen unless its to get to a spot. and then they idle is def tweeked down, unless im trying to kill the streets.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always ride around with 3500 when Im in the lot, for what trick do you turn it down?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I like more idle in the street than i do in the lot I dont have a tach but id guess 3000 in the streets and mid 2's in the lot.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marcus_136
I always ride around with 3500 when Im in the lot, for what trick do you turn it down?
pretty much everything i need or prefer the higher rpm in the lot. the problem is are lot is at the end of a commercial culdesac and behind it is a residential development. we get a ton of complaints from them to the police and the business we ride at. so were always trying to keep the volume down. even if its just doing our run and turning it down to coast back to the starts point while the next guy is going. pretty much dont trun it down for specific trick, just always tweeking to and trying to run lower when when can to keep the complaints to a minimum and our spot secure. it doent help much with the noise for the day, but we try to keep everyone the least pissed off as possible.

Last edited by INSANECRAZZY; 08-10-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:33 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

i don't ride the streets often but when i do, i set my idle alittle over 1200, no clue why just sounds clean when i'm stopped lol
Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person

Originally Posted by INSANECRAZZY
pretty much everything i need or prefer the higher rpm in the lot. the problem is are lot is at the end of a commercial culdesac and behind it is a residential development. we get a ton of complaints from them to the police and the business we ride at. so were always trying to keep the volume down. even if its just doing our run and turning it down to coast back to the starts point while the next guy is going. pretty much dont trun it down for specific trick, just always tweeking to and trying to run lower when when can to keep the complaints to a minimum and our spot secure. it doent help much with the noise for the day, but we try to keep everyone the least pissed off as possible.
thats how it is at this spot by my house. they havent gave me the boot yet but ive had the cops roll through and a couple people come talk to me. the cops dont care much about what im doing either which is cool. its just all of the noise complaints that bring them back there.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

coasters. and stoppies. no need for it and it helps the bike run cooler in the 100 degree texas heat. plus i think a fast wheelie on idle at 1k sounds cool as ****
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by white bandito
coasters. and stoppies. no need for it and it helps the bike run cooler in the 100 degree texas heat. plus i think a fast wheelie on idle at 1k sounds cool as ****
I dont have the time to adjust the idle everytime Im going for an endo or something.

Im always on the revlimiter on my coasters anyway
Old 08-10-2009, 11:59 AM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

I dont have the time to adjust the idle everytime Im going for an endo or something.

Im always on the revlimiter on my coasters anyway
lol yea. well not for every endo. but if i know imma be doing several for awhile. and i dont like blown motors so i dont do the revlimiter coasters often lol. i wanna get to where im killing the bike in a coaster and restarting
Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 PM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

4200 alllllllll the time, wherever i might be
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

I idle mine up to 10k all the time and just ride my clutch when i need to slow down

powpows are the new slow wheelie!!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM

da Liks is a decent person

straightline!!! that way you have to be smoother on the gas, and the wheelies become smoother too. remember that clip you had on the f4i, being ultrachoppy?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by da Liks
straightline!!! that way you have to be smoother on the gas, and the wheelies become smoother too. remember that clip you had on the f4i, being ultrachoppy?
Yeah but that was back then when I couldnt hold the gas steady .
Sick thing was that I rode like that ALL the time. On the street sessions and everything, didnt mather.

My friends miss my choppy days

But nowdays, I dont have any problem at all doing straightline with the idle up