What do you wear? (protective gear)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 07:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Lately I've been wearing dirt bike gear. Helmet, pads, and chest protector. Its alot more comfortable when its hot. But still leather gloves.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:30 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
i wear my lid(icon alliance) and fox gloves, if trying sumthin new, ill put a a longsleeve, im too big for my old teknik jacket, its uncomfy, gotta look out for a new leather, #54
Old 07-22-2003, 11:16 PM

james99099 is an unknown quantity at this point
riding gear

I wear leather jacket( my grandparents got this 400 dollar jacket for like 50 bucks and i've been wearing since i was 15(23)
moto x gloves
jeans
helmet
sometimes beiffe racing boots mostly tennis shoes
Old 07-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Beef is an unknown quantity at this point
I wear a hockey helmet and elbow pads. Works great.

On the real tho, Helmet, gloves(carbon fiber knuckles), jeans and Joe Rocket Jacket(Phoenix, much cooler in the summer).
Old 07-23-2003, 01:26 AM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Alpinestar GP Plus 2 gloves, HJC helmet, steel toe boots, and soon to be new speedrag jacket
Old 07-23-2003, 01:47 AM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
where's the homie who stunt no helmet, no shirt? I know you are out there. Normal riding in summer heat it's a T-**** or work clothes, polo shirt, if i go out to ride hard i throw on the leater or textile, but if it's mad hot and i'm going to work, i'll rip a few wheelies in the khakies and polo

i got a question though, in my opinion i think it's self concious i push the bike firther with gear, anyone else feel this?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:55 AM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Always a Helmet(Snell Approved) and Full leather gloves(carbon Knukles) in the summer i wear one of those mesh jackets with the armor usually with jeans and tecknic boots... if i am doinf a show regaurdless of time of year i wear full leathers... Winter gear is leather jacket helmet boots and gloves if were doing late night riding i wear the full leather suit
Old 07-23-2003, 01:58 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
I wear my helmet, shift pants and jersey and osiris shoes. look cool 1st, worry about getting f-cked up later j/k Honestly The more comfortable I am the safer I feel. Sometimes I wear a chest protector, knee pads, and elbow pads, if I'm gonna get silly! It's also 115° most all summer here!

in the winter I wear my joe rocket leathers or just jr jacket and shift pants.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:16 AM

outs1derz is an unknown quantity at this point
don't forget clean underwear everyone
Old 07-23-2003, 07:55 AM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a AGV Astra 1-piece and a AGV Vortex 2-piece, which I want to sell the pants for since I only wear the jacket out of that now. I recommend AGV leathers to anyone. The leather is very supple and requires little break in time, high quality, and they just fit me right. AStars suits don't fit me well, for comparison, because if I get the right overall size they are too tight in the crotch. The 1-piece is perforated all on the front and on the calves. It breathes very nicely when I'm riding in 95* heat near Mexico.

Teknic lightning boots.

Teknic Violator Pro gloves -- I've a huge Teknic glove fan. I've tested a couple sets out and they just hold up really well.

Helmets.. everyone has their own preference. Whatever is a good helmet and fits your head right.

I do 'normal' riding in my jacket and jeans and sometimes sneakers, sometimes boots.

OH, yeh, and EAR PLUGS. And believe it or not, you can hear pretty well with them, they just block out certain frequencies like wind noise. Not only does wind noise cause fatigue, it's really bad for your ears (huh?).
Old 07-23-2003, 08:58 AM

jethro426 is an unknown quantity at this point
leather with armor when trying new stuff or it isnt too hot. always where a good helmet(shoei or arai) My head is worth a lot of money no cheap 100$ helmet. gloves are aways the first thing to hit the ground so dont go without them.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
I wear my Arai helmet, t- shirt, jeans, answer dirt bike gloves, airwalks, and some times my Dianese jacket (some times).
Old 07-23-2003, 03:20 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
always the arai hot=smx gloves and dainese armor. cold=gp 2 gloves and my alpinstars jacket. jeans & skate shoes for now. i want pants & boots.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:58 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
SHOEI helmet, JR leather, JR gloves and rockin DC's <<--- stand up to motorcycle abuse (not including skitching )
Old 07-23-2003, 04:11 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a fat shoei lid thor gloves and a first down jacket (leather)

and magnums
Old 07-23-2003, 04:47 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Hot = JR Mesh Jacket, HJC helmet, and the AGV sidewinder gloves in the SL store

Cold = AlpineStars Leather Jacket, HJC Helmet, and AGV gloves, with another set (forgot the brand) on top.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:25 PM

troll is an unknown quantity at this point
I always wear a condom.

Troll

Quick Reply: What do you wear? (protective gear)