anyone with a carbed F4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:32 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough
Re: anyone with a carbed F4?

Originally Posted by adichino
gilad can you please give some details about the clean air mod ? its just like for F4i in how-to section ?

a2k although i dont understand the question i dont know what rpms coz i dont have a cluster gauge and yes I will dent the tank but it will take some progress to do a hc wheelie/brakie

i've managed to switch the clipons at a desirable angle afterall
hahah no man! Sorry meant that to go to the other guy....honestly id run the stock motor for now till u can save up for the f4i motor. Its gunna b 100 times smoother and less hassle. Just do what u feel comfortable with not how somebody tells u to build ur bike....
Old 07-17-2009, 04:13 PM

adichino is a decent person

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
hahah no man! Sorry meant that to go to the other guy....honestly id run the stock motor for now till u can save up for the f4i motor. Its gunna b 100 times smoother and less hassle. Just do what u feel comfortable with not how somebody tells u to build ur bike....
i will take the **** out of this carbed motor and then maybe swtich to an injected one or buy another bike

anyway I just got back from a short ride and I've noticed that everytime when I pull in the clutch and trying to stop (at red light for example) the bike tends to shut off - like I am running out of fuel and it will shut off unless I rev it a little .... faaawck
Old 07-17-2009, 04:20 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

im tellin u the sputter is becuase it is a carbed bike...not becuase to much brake? Everybike that has carbs do that maybe not when your goin fast but slow it will....and u must have the best f4 in the world since u run nothing on ur bike....

And for makin stunting easier...y would u dent in ur tank? That makes it easier so ur *** doesnt slide out. The whole point of doin mods to bikes is to make it as easy as possible so you can progress and less maintnance work....which is why he should go to the fi motor.....
What rpms u runnin on ur stock sprocket? Just curious
Im -1, +1 and run 3-3.5k to hold idle. Im not that good by any means, but i can hold idle decently and i dont feel enough sputter that justifies and $1000 engine upgrade.

If i had the money i would do it probably, but i dont and dont find it necessary
Old 07-17-2009, 04:21 PM

i will take the **** out of this carbed motor and then maybe swtich to an injected one or buy another bike

anyway I just got back from a short ride and I've noticed that everytime when I pull in the clutch and trying to stop (at red light for example) the bike tends to shut off - like I am running out of fuel and it will shut off unless I rev it a little .... faaawck

Carbs might need adjusted a bit or something unknown to me
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

damn you carbs....
Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 PM

damn you carbs....

haha
Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 PM

Gilad is a decent person

gilad can you please give some details about the clean air mod ? its just like for F4i in how-to section ?
Its not 100% the same.
I will try look for the photos I have from this mod I did.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

da Liks is a decent person

adichino, just try adjusting the idle till it holds a nice 1,200 revs.. if it still shuts off then replace plugs and filter, clean out the fuel system etc.. nevermind these people wining about carbed bikes. if you cant wheelie a carbed bike then you aint got skill! learn on one, we all did over here! we learned on f2's/900rr's!! have fun!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by da Liks
adichino, just try adjusting the idle till it holds a nice 1,200 revs.. if it still shuts off then replace plugs and filter, clean out the fuel system etc.. nevermind these people wining about carbed bikes. if you cant wheelie a carbed bike then you aint got skill! learn on one, we all did over here! we learned on f2's/900rr's!! have fun!

Thats what ive been saying. And 900rrs were the bike to have back in the day before my time. Problem is probably one of the things you said tho
Old 07-17-2009, 08:15 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

like i said earlier in my post , you will have to swap the motor , gas tank and wiring harness with ecu. if you only did swap the injection and it wont WORK !
Old 07-17-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Big R 508
like i said earlier in my post , you will have to swap the motor , gas tank and wiring harness with ecu. if you only did swap the injection and it wont WORK !

Your an idiot, we all know that
Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 AM

haha thanks guys you made my morning
first thing I have to rebleed the front brake coz as I said is weak as **** ... and lube the throttle cables better
and yeaaah I like this bike so much, even if its carbed ...its so low weighted in the front that it wheelies so easy with stock setup ...

gilad if u find anything pls let me know
Old 07-19-2009, 04:10 PM

brakes are killin me ... couldnt bleed them properly, i dont think that the MC is fucked up , I have steel lines and one goes in one caliper and from this caliper another goes in the second caliper, maybe this is why is so weak

also when I am in a stoppie the motor shuts off almost instantly (right after the rear wheel gets up) - what do you think about this ??
Old 07-19-2009, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=adichino;4043912]brakes are killin me ... couldnt bleed them properly, i dont think that the MC is fucked up , I have steel lines and one goes in one caliper and from this caliper another goes in the second caliper, maybe this is why is so weak

[\QUOTE]
nope, thats fine.. i got it like that and lets just say i can do a stoppie!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM

brakes are killin me ... couldnt bleed them properly, i dont think that the MC is fucked up , I have steel lines and one goes in one caliper and from this caliper another goes in the second caliper, maybe this is why is so weak

also when I am in a stoppie the motor shuts off almost instantly (right after the rear wheel gets up) - what do you think about this ??

Its a carb problem...Mine does it every once in a while but not imediatly. FLoats maybe? Idk my was around the carbs though
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 AM

[quote=da Liks;4043937]

[\QUOTE]
nope, thats fine.. i got it like that and lets just say i can do a stoppie!
ok thanks da liks i will try to bleed it again
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by B0arder606
Its a carb problem...Mine does it every once in a while but not imediatly. FLoats maybe? Idk my was around the carbs though
i will resync the carbs and change the plugs ... should solve the issue
10x
Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM

check the pads too..
Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 PM

i've removed the carbs yesterday to clean them ... to my own surprise they were very clean ... which makes me think that i have to sync them/replace spark plugs

also yesterday, with the bike running as **** (stalling while in a wheelie) i've managed to scrape for the first time ... dont have a 12 bar but i've scraped the license plate
Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM
123 MORE LOOPS TO GO

bklynshowoff will become famous soon enoughbklynshowoff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Huge Matt
My bike is an F4 and I learned on it. It's definitely capable of wheelies, but when you start slowing it down and spending a lot of time at idle it's going to sputter and shut off on you. I had to switch to an F4i motor when I was ready for circles. I had an ignition advancer on mine, but that won't really help you with stunting.
I'm about to do the same thing to mine. from what I've been told I will need:
1. f4i motor
2.airbox
3. fuel pump
4. gas tank.
5. wire harness.

I have the complete motor already, fuel injectors, etc. Am i missing anything else?

Quick Reply: anyone with a carbed F4?