What clip-ons with FF???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:14 PM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person
What clip-ons with FF???

Put FI clip-ons on my full fairing f4i and have no turning radius.They are all over my fairings before the bump stops.If i turn them around and run them backwards i have room.If that makes sense? But dont like the way it looks.So question is, is anyone else having this problem? Which one's work out the best? Are should i just run them turned around? Thats bassically at stock angle too.Not turned out striaghter like i like to run them.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: What clip-ons with FF???

I had the same issues, I'm running an ATOWNCUSTOMS fairing stay which gives me more clearance. A Brembo is about 3/4" closer to the bar than my GSXR radial, when I switch, that will give me more clearance. Running it with stock parts is impossible unless you flip the bars, I didnt like that either, and with the Vortex, I couldnt get wrenches to the bolts to tighten them.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

you can put them out a lil bit from stock but if you run FF you can't go straight out like some people like. had the same problem with mine. Tneck actually talked me into pulling them back a lil. so i had just enough room for turning but wasn't at stock so it worked and felt better too.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have flipped Vortex's barely flipped out and I hit all over the place
Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nags
I have flipped Vortex's barely flipped out and I hit all over the place
+1

I'm on pro-tek's and they hit turned out any more then stock

Gotta cut that upper down FAR.. I had to cut my upper down WAY more running clip-ons then running MX bars on a f4i

I got mine cut down to the ******* gauges, and my levers still hit plastic before hitting the steering stops (but just barely)
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by faceless
you can put them out a lil bit from stock but if you run FF you can't go straight out like some people like. had the same problem with mine. Tneck actually talked me into pulling them back a lil. so i had just enough room for turning but wasn't at stock so it worked and felt better too.
yup, thats the way mine are....just a little out......my clutch lever hits but i rarely turn with my finger over it so it doesnt matter.....yea ff is always a problem....aaron coltons aare flipped vortex but they are even farther back than stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Atowncustoms
Old 05-12-2009, 12:38 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by big ben
yup, thats the way mine are....just a little out......my clutch lever hits but i rarely turn with my finger over it so it doesnt matter.....yea ff is always a problem....aaron coltons aare flipped vortex but they are even farther back than stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Why are you always on here giving false information? Aaron Colton is not running Vortex clipons. He runs Convertibars.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:40 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

oh ...my bad.... i thought i remember him saying he had vortex last year at kots i just remembered they were really far back
Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
Atowncustoms
Got a picture of the fairing stay? Just out of curiosity...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 AM

Got a picture of the fairing stay? Just out of curiosity...

I'll snap some pictures tomorrow... I'd go take some now, but im half naked and its cold out. No, I'm not taking pictures of THAT either!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:47 AM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

i run vortex...cut the upper down a tad passed the mirror mounts and trimmed for the HB looks pimp and who needs mirrors anyway

Originally Posted by big ben
oh ...my bad.... i thought i remember him saying he had vortex last year at kots i just remembered they were really far back
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKa68kWkP48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKa68kWkP48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I'll snap some pictures tomorrow... I'd go take some now, but im half naked and its cold out. No, I'm not taking pictures of THAT either!
I didn't know they were making any
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKa68kWkP48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKa68kWkP48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
lol.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 AM

I didn't know they were making any

who is "they"?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 AM

who is "they"?
Atown.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

I've had a hell of a time with this too......seems like only solution is cutting the upper WAY down. Which sucks cuz i prefer the look of it just cut down to the stay.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 AM

Atown.

LOL! I got a prototype, It works pretty good, I see a few things that could be changed to give it even more clearance and make it look even cleaner, I cant bitch, it was free, I traded him for the Paris Hilton DVD. I ripped him off bad, cuz the video sucked! major disappointment.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:05 AM

ahhhhh jezus! make me go out there and freeze my sac off!!!!!

sorry for the shitty capture, my camera takes nice shots but you cant leave the batteries in it, they die after a week when its off! I couldnt use the viewfinder, I had to snap them blind in the dark.

the 2nd picture is with the bars turned all the way left, the master is touching the stay but the tree is hitting the stopper on the frame too... turned to the right I have a tiny bit of interference but that should be cleared up when I get the Brembo on there and re-locate my clutch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0015.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	224804   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0016.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	224805   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0017.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.0 KB